Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Mystery DoT

Anthrage

While testing today I noticed a DoT, the source of which I could not identify with confidence. Can anyone positively identify what DoT is doing the damage shown here?

You can see the icon on the target, a blue sphere on a white background, but it's appearance and damage numbers don't match anything I'm aware of, except perhaps the DoT from the Electrified effect, but that's not supposed to be applied to the source target, only the secondary ones...at least that's what I was told.

Blight does not have a DoT component...

The blue sphere on the white background is the debuff for Blight, its not a DoT and has no damage associated with it.

Unless your talking about Aurora Emitter, the pulsing electric ring.

KGV_sig.png

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

Right, except as you can see in the video, assuming that is the AE Electrified effect, it IS causing the DoT on the target as well. That is my whole question here, where is the DoT coming from. :)

It becomes much more useful if it works on a single target as opposed to only being transferable. A 4k DoT at this low level of modification is not terrible for the damage-deprived Druid.

He's talking about the Aura Emitter "DoT" effect to all but the affected target I think.

Right, except as you can see in the video, assuming that is the AE Electrified effect, it IS causing the DoT on the target as well. That is my whole question here, where is the DoT coming from. :)

It becomes much more useful if it works on a single target as opposed to only being transferable. A 4k DoT at this low level of modification is not terrible for the damage-deprived Druid.

I didn't see a dot on the target, if I'm understanding your question correctly. The target "emits" and "aura" DoT that damages those around it, but the DoT does not damage the target.

Or I could be referring to a different effect than you are?

I may be misreading the numbers which appear above various heads then. I was under the impression green is heals, white is direct damage to a target, red is damage to you and purple or blue (colorblind) is DoT damage. I am pretty sure the latter is the case, and if so, there is a DoT on that target which does around 4000 a tick - you can see 2 ticks in the video, the reason I added the slow-mo portion at the end. Thus the question, what is applying that DoT. :)

I didn't see a dot on the target, if I'm understanding your question correctly. The target "emits" and "aura" DoT that damages those around it, but the DoT does not damage the target.

Or I could be referring to a different effect than you are?

I may be misreading the numbers which appear above various heads then. I was under the impression green is heals, white is direct damage to a target, red is damage to you and purple or blue (colorblind) is DoT damage. I am pretty sure the latter is the case, and if so, there is a DoT on that target which does around 4000 a tick - you can see 2 ticks in the video, the reason I added the slow-mo portion at the end. Thus the question, what is applying that DoT. :)

And where do you see these purple/blue numbers in your video I only see some white in start and a bunch of reds (and from the time you start the slowmo to the end of the video the boars health bar stay at a constant level

If you watch the very end as the Bear is cast, you'll see a 4060 tick then a 3831 tick. Doesn't seem to be on me...

And where do you see these purple/blue numbers in your video I only see some white in start and a bunch of reds (and from the time you start the slowmo to the end of the video the boars health bar stay at a constant level

• 2 weeks later...

So forgot to update this, this is definitely the Earth DoT from Gaea's Wail. Around 700 at no charge, 4000 with at full charge and up to 7000 when buffed with Nature's Avatar. Add the other 5% buff and an Earth Debuff or damage modifier, crit chance and at 3 'ticks' plus the original hit that's a nice little DoT, considering it can hit 3 targets total. GW is still tricky to use, but my appreciation for this has gone up a bit.