Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
narsille

Discontinue loot boxes

So, it was nice to see a wider variety of leather types and to be able to experiment crafting with blues / purples, however, I really hope that the loot chests aren't present in the next big world release.

WAZ6Fov.png

"The cinnabar is a lie"

With this being Pre-Alpha(progression doesn't matter, resets around the corner, ect) I don't see the downside to loot boxes until there comes a time to actually test the 'game'  

Unless the test is wanting to focus on harvesting, then sure.

@HolyCrowfall

Twitter.com/HolyCrowfall

If I had to make a guess, I'd say it was a combination of

1.  Not wanting to do an immediate reset to get rid of all the dupped weapons, however, wanting to balance the scales

2.  A Christmas present

With this said and done, there is going to be a reset sometime in the near future.

It's no longer Christmas...

If you want higher quality items in the game then improve the loot tables for ore / critters and add some additional beasties to the game.  

If you need loot boxes, then you are (essentially) saying that your harvesting system is too boring for people to put up with which would seem to bode ill for the game...

Edited by narsille

WAZ6Fov.png

"The cinnabar is a lie"

So, it was nice to see a wider variety of leather types and to be able to experiment crafting with blues / purples, however, I really hope that the loot chests aren't present in the next big world release.

I agree. 

It kills harvesting which means less people out in the world which means less people for me to kill. 

ACE needs to go ahead and install and/or turn up the knob that increases the quality of loot drops from mobs and harvesting nodes. 

I actually might be okay with lootboxes dropping from certain elite mobs but with gear quality no greater than white or green. Could be an alternative for people to grab some gear but don't want to custard with harvesting and crafting. It'd also be competitive and encourage emergent game plsy since you'd most likely be trying to secure spawns against other groups.

In games like DFO and UO (both full loot) you had several different avenues to acquire loot; none of which devalued crafters.

Edited by izkimar

I hope they put in cartography!!. Deciphering maps to hidden treasure was awesome in DFO and UO. These types of loot boxes I am in total support of! And I think the loot should (based on its difficulty) have RARE items like swords or chestplates, Rare ores, cash etc! 

Loot boxes are temporary. They are only to help test the crafting. Hopefully, they will not be in the game.

I think they WILL be in game.

Blair said they wont be adding anything in to game that they dont plan on using in some capacity. Things like hungerdome are long past.

So im fairly confident that they will be in game, but maybe in not the same implementation that they are currently being used for.

CfWBSig.png

I think they WILL be in game.

Blair said they wont be adding anything in to game that they dont plan on using in some capacity. Things like hungerdome are long past.

So im fairly confident that they will be in game, but maybe in not the same implementation that they are currently being used for.

Well, chests will be in game. Chests that just pump our resources? Probably not.

IhhQKY6.gif

I would rather have them push tier 6+ harvesting nodes into the game. This will eliminate the benefit of chests. I think they can stay, but just make it so harvesting will still net a better result.