Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vindi

This Is Not Shadowbane 2 - Off The Hype Train For Now.

Im aware its not rain, its the blood on my foes..not my fault they bleed so much.

p.s. some of it might have been Mr. Gravenhorns blood, silly mino's always stand in the way.

Edited by kvist

The voxels do look really cool. In the end they're not really going to affect whether the game provides enough of a "Shadowbaney" gameplay style though.

I think we'll know for sure where the hype train is headed once the full reveal is out.

I think we'll know for sure where the hype train is headed once the full reveal is out.

No I think we will know once they start beta testing, until then it's all conjecture.

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Hype train? Seriously dude...All of us are STILL in the station until additional information is released in 4 days...Sounds like your on the wrong train. Make sure you have enough labor pool to get off ;)

Stay calm and keep positive...

The Balance - Nation of Equilibrium

"You can run but you'll DIE tired.."

I am still on the fence, although it is probably the best concept game out there I just can't get over the "divided worlds" and "safety".

Why have these layers of safety? Just make it continuous, with the better resources being towards the middle and the PVP will naturally happen towards the center. 

1e22ffa053a0dd70a927bc7ddfbc47c8_origina

Anyone ever play "War of Nations" for mobile devices? It's a NvN, PvP Game that has a map very much like this image above... however there are no safe zones... the outer ring has iron and water, to start your campaign, these are abundant so no need to PVP out there.

If you want Oil and Titanium you must venture into the center of the map... and there are NATURALLY the best PVP and NVN there... and it is a constant battle. 

ipad-gree-war-of-nations_2.jpg

Unfortuntely War of Nations is a P2W game... so I can't recommend it.. but for PVP it is very fun and there are no safe zones.

I just can't see ArtCraft being able to serve the carebears and PVP'rs effectively and for that reason... I am still on the fence.

Edited by Vindi

I still backed the project though... :)

Especially with the news that Only EK and Dregs will be funded...hopefully it just stays there.

Edited by Vindi

The EK is just a place for carebears to make it rain through the cash shop. They can buy curtains and crap for their pixels but if they want things that aren't in the cash shop -- they gotta step up. I don't see the EK as a bad thing. Let the sheeple have their trinkets. They wanna craft -- they gotta bring that a$$.

I am still on the fence, although it is probably the best concept game out there I just can't get over the "divided worlds" and "safety".

Why have these layers of safety? Just make it continuous, with the better resources being towards the middle and the PVP will naturally happen towards the center. 

I think the separate rules will serve an identical function to EVE's secspace system.  Being able to freely travel between the worlds would be important though, as opposed to arbitrarily preventing players from switching around.  If they aren't careful with the "transfer rules" it might not turn out as cool as EVE's system (which, imo, is the best way to handle PvP "restrictions").

"Food for the crows..."    Nobuo Xa'el

cdinUTh.png

The EK is just a place for carebears to make it rain through the cash shop. They can buy curtains and crap for their pixels but if they want things that aren't in the cash shop -- they gotta step up. I don't see the EK as a bad thing. Let the sheeple have their trinkets. They wanna craft -- they gotta bring that a$$.

Yeah not too bad, I don't like all those layers in between. I'm very happy that Dregs is their focus.... it should be.