Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vindi

This Is Not Shadowbane 2 - Off The Hype Train For Now.

It is someone playing off the name The Shadow but the ruleset and stuff is not even close to Shadowbane. In Shadowbane winning meant keeping your player built city standing while destroying everyone elses. You didn't capture premade structure POI's you actually had to place buildings and walls that you paid for in gold you farmed up. Nothing like watching 30 days worth of effort totally destroyed and wiped off the map in a few hours.

Edited by gauis

This crying is so premature. None of you know how the game is going to look when it's launched.

Look, making a FFA gank fest is not a game that even hard core shadowbane guilds stick around to play for more than a few months. Both Emu's have been trying to figure out a way to maintain pop, and the original game had similar challenges. Making a game that allows for some other play styles, while still feeding a PvP'r need for slaughter, seems like a good way to extend the life of a game.

This isn't Shadowbane 2, nor should it be. 

This crying is so premature. None of you know how the game is going to look when it's launched.

Look, making a FFA gank fest is not a game that even hard core shadowbane guilds stick around to play for more than a few months. Both Emu's have been trying to figure out a way to maintain pop, and the original game had similar challenges. Making a game that allows for some other play styles, while still feeding a PvP'r need for slaughter, seems like a good way to extend the life of a game.

This isn't Shadowbane 2, nor should it be. 

I don't know where people think because something is FFA PvP that automatically means it's a gank fest? I played SB when it was live from 2003 to 2009 that is not a "few months" and the Emu's got problems such as one changing the entire game mechanics so that it isn't even close to the original, the other is going to be wiping soon to fix the problem they had by setting up two servers, one where CN can play and one regional locked.to NA.

I don't know where people think because something is FFA PvP that automatically means it's a gank fest? I played SB when it was live from 2003 to 2009 that is not a "few months" and the Emu's got problems such as one changing the entire game mechanics so that it isn't even close to the original, the other is going to be wiping soon to fix the problem they had by setting up two servers, one where CN can play and one regional locked.to NA.

Good for you! I played a bit on SB as well.

The "few month" comment was more for the Emu's. The live game closed a number of servers during it's lifetime, so there was an ongoing degradation of the player base.

FFA PvP doesn't mean a game must be a gank fest, however that is what it is most likely to devolve into. Even if that wasn't the case, supporting more game styles only increases the life span of a game that focuses on PvP.

see ya

Now how can you grief me if you don't show up to gank me?

What do you do when you've been knocked down 7 times?

What do you do when some crybaby beats you because he aims a little quicker or got some lucky hits in?

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

bah....

SB2 would indeed be an awesome thing, imo

this ain't it...nor was i expecting it to be, in all honesty...

if it were, there woudl have been a big huge sign saying "Play2Crush" or some such...

oh....wait...

but, cereally...it's not SB2, from what's been shown to us so far, it's a lot of Evolution from where SB was...but you can spot a lot of the DNA that's been passed down...

makes me want to know MOAR, not run away weeping...

but, i'm silly like that

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

To not appreciate Shadowbane as a worthy title is to ignore the amount of fans (in this very forum section) that have grown around it.

That said the idea that inovation should be revisited in the MMO space is a worthy goal. All we can hope is that they will take what worked in their past games, allow growth in areas where technology will now support, and package us a title that ten years from now we will speak about with the same level of fervor.

mael4.jpg

Thars def no need to be overly hyped for the game, but thar is also no need to be super down about it and feel its going to fail in a year or 2, just try the beta if its something you dont enjoy fully then thar no prob. Crowfall just isnt the game for you in that case. I have a saying in my guild that i tell every single new member, "This guild isnt for everyone..." and i know Crowfall has a similar view that i seen around the forum a few times. But just because one does not enjoy a certain game does not mean the game failed, like i hear overly used all the time on different forums, it just means it isnt for you. Hope you do come back though, and give the game a fair shot on release or in testing if thats something you are interested in. Either way, good luck finding a game you enjoy :)

Edited by krevra

krevra.png

Now how can you grief me if you don't show up to gank me?

What do you do when you've been knocked down 7 times?

What do you do when some crybaby beats you because he aims a little quicker or got some lucky hits in?

bunnycake.jpg

Know me and fear me. My embrace is for all and is patient but sure. The dead can always find you. My hand is everywhere - there is no door I cannot pass, nor guardian who can withstand me.

694a6f04-03a1-4af3-8e11-ddd1baa87348.jpg

bunnycake.jpg

will you have mah cyberbabies?

i don't care that they'll be undead...we will love them just the same...but they will be the UberTrolls and shall rule the Tubez!!!

Edited by doc gonzo

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

will you have mah cyberbabies?

i don't care that they'll be undead...we will love them just the same...but they will be the UberTrolls and shall rule the Tubez!!!

uuuuh :blink:

Know me and fear me. My embrace is for all and is patient but sure. The dead can always find you. My hand is everywhere - there is no door I cannot pass, nor guardian who can withstand me.

694a6f04-03a1-4af3-8e11-ddd1baa87348.jpg

It is someone playing off the name The Shadow but the ruleset and stuff is not even close to Shadowbane. In Shadowbane winning meant keeping your player built city standing while destroying everyone elses. You didn't capture premade structure POI's you actually had to place buildings and walls that you paid for in gold you farmed up. Nothing like watching 30 days worth of effort totally destroyed and wiped off the map in a few hours.

We don't know enough to know whether or not the city building and destroying will be like SB. According to what has been given to us there will be buildings for us to build and repair (stacking resources into materials). And we know that there are sieges. I saw all the POI, stuff... but I still think there will be player built stuff.

This is a game which might have some shadowbane ideas that were good and worth keeping. But, I am sure there is more meat and depth in this current game system that is very different from Shadowbane.

The main ideas that is shared with Shadowbane is probably there is no quest and story quest ingame.Players are encourage through their acts and deeds to create their own story.

I really like this new idea as players will be investing their time and effort to build their own cities/keeps/towers/etc..