Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vindi

This Is Not Shadowbane 2 - Off The Hype Train For Now.

but...but...there's a TROPHY!!!!

sorry...sorry...sometimes snark is the only thing my keyboard can produce...

http://www.play2crush.com/

Allies. Enemies. Alliances. Betrayal. Risk. Conquest. To compete with THOUSANDS of other players for a chance to claim the THRONE.

Even if I lose, the experience won’t feel hollow. I don’t want another worthless trophy.

I WANT TO PLAY TO CRUSH.

:(

and if i am understanding correctly...then JTC and company are thinking that having full out PvP on these Shards in order to work up to a Code enforced "Throne" that you can pop into your lobby space as a Trophy satisfies these conditions...

maybe it will...i won't say "no" until i've tried it (barring some Reveal that totally turns me off)

but, to me...a Throne is earned when the Players have to acknowledge it...some NEVER WILL and contest it constantly...that's a good Thing, imo

i just hate handing it all over to a pre-set "win condition"

i hate the entire concept of a "lobby"

i want to effect the World by my actions, for it to stand as long as possible and gain HIstory each and every day...

to me, this is like one of those new "pop up restaurants" that may be very nice that evening...but never gets any better, or changes, or grows...

cuz it's gone the next day...

why does this "Throne" mean anything?

and if it is the winner's prize...then by definition...after a long enough period of time...you have a bazillion "KIngs" all arguing over who did it best...

and it can NEVER be proven, because those Shards are gone...and the two or more claiming the Title can't fight each other directly...unless they go to the next ephemeral Shard and try under the "win conditions" set up

or

they have the most Trophies....Myrkul forfend....

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

Wait until the full announcement is unveiled before making the decision whether to stay or go. We don't have the full picture right now.

If things turn out as I fear they might, I'll probably leave as well. But I think there's a decent chance it'll turn out okay.

+1

Alright, so I am here now. I want to know why some of you like the content drop and some of you don't. It's interesting how even the SB community just got divided over this. 

It kinda feels like a giant "instance" and without a static world offers very little consequence beyond you didn't win this round.

Those are really my only concerns at the moment.

Edited by checkyotrack

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

My take on it is that you HAVE TO PROMOTE community, if you don't a pvp game ends up burning itself out,  now that being said I feel this is the Devs attempt to keep a viable robust community growing so that pvp can take place in the first place.  If you throw a bunch of meat eaters together add water and mix it never works out for very long, however if you get casuals to participate then the lions will have their feast, player driven story/dramas ensue, and there is a meaningful reason to build fortifications, gather mats, and pvp.

EZgFne1.png

Alright, so I am here now. I want to know why some of you like the content drop and some of you don't. It's interesting how even the SB community just got divided over this.

I've said a bunch of different things in a few different threads, but a bullet list of what I like and dislike...

Like:

• Active effort to avoid stagnation.
  • Different rulesets to appeal to different kind of players.

Dislike:

• Everything else announced today.

Ok, that's a bit harsh, but my concerns are as follows:

• World resets being caused by hardcoded factors rather than player decisions.
  • World resets interrupting or preventing what could be good fights, or underdog stories, or backstabbings or upsets.
  • World resets possibly making winning hollow and pointless.
  • World resets possibly making empire building pointless or impossible, which removes many possibilities for politics and metagaming.
  • World resets causing more stagnation by players leaving servers and "waiting out" the campaign until the next reset, due to what they perceive as one dominant guild or group having an advantage or dominant position.
  • EK as a lobby.
  • EK not being part of the main game itself.
  • Mentions of players being "divine champions" as if they're required to choose a god to follow universally, and not just on the God War world. This one is pretty unclear but I hope it's not that.

Basically, I am having difficulty seeing how they can reconcile the multi-world + reset + EK lobby system with promises of meaningful politics, intrigue, espionage, and city building and glorious victories.

Woah Woah Woah, I thought you didn't frequent these parts sir.  Are you lost?

X6RBqg7.gif

Oh for gosh sakes girls. Grow up!

Why don't you just let the dev's reveal what they have in mind instead of /ragequit.

Oh for god sakes girl, if anyone /ragequit they wouldnt still be here.

I've said a bunch of different things in a few different threads, but a bullet list of what I like and dislike...

Like:

• Active effort to avoid stagnation.
  • Different rulesets to appeal to different kind of players.

Dislike:

• Everything else announced today.

Ok, that's a bit harsh, but my concerns are as follows:

• World resets being caused by hardcoded factors rather than player decisions.
  • World resets interrupting or preventing what could be good fights, or underdog stories, or backstabbings or upsets.
  • World resets possibly making winning hollow and pointless.
  • World resets possibly making empire building pointless or impossible, which removes many possibilities for politics and metagaming.
  • World resets causing more stagnation by players leaving servers and "waiting out" the campaign until the next reset, due to what they perceive as one dominant guild or group having an advantage or dominant position.
  • EK as a lobby.
  • EK not being part of the main game itself.
  • Mentions of players being "divine champions" as if they're required to choose a god to follow universally, and not just on the God War world. This one is pretty unclear but I hope it's not that.

Basically, I am having difficulty seeing how they can reconcile the multi-world + reset + EK lobby system with promises of meaningful politics, intrigue, espionage, and city building and glorious victories.

I agree with all of your dislikes....hopefully they reveal more that can save this a little bit.

X6RBqg7.gif

Play2Crush "not just another Trophy"

now...trophy AND lobby...

oh yeah...and what the rest of them said so far too

i can come up with moar...but there's another Thread has it in....

and i will say again...no /ragequit here, but it ain't been happy making

i'll keep reading...and typing...until at least the Timer runs out ( ARGH...if they put a Timer in the Game...!), and most likely until i get to try it out for a bit...

anything specific you want clarity on, just Ask...

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

game is teetering in dangerous territory, pretty big backfire potential and if the likely planetside 2 esque strongholds that are just randomly strewn about worlds being the equivalent to cities is the next step, its gonna be not good ponyboy

Woah Woah Woah, I thought you didn't frequent these parts sir.  Are you lost?

Let me see your hall pass, this is where to cool kids hang.

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

I'm still trying to figure out who they are trying to get to play the game, it's ups and downs. 

Edited by mandalore

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

This is still kinda stuck in my head and to me it sounds totally opposite from the last reveal

p2c.jpg?t=1422865303

So I am still thinking that there must be more to it. Isn't it a bit too much to create a a whole world just to be a "lobby". What's the point of it, to show off? Who cares who won in last Campaign after server wipe out?

So many questions...

Promise Breakers lives on!!!

In all seriousness that is exactly what I think too.  I keep having flashbacks off that glorious first play2crush message; in the back ground is coheed and cambria doing "welcome home", I can hear Morgan Freeman reading the words as they play across my minds eye like some star wars scrolling text and then there the awesome explosions!

Then today's post:  at first I was excited and then the whole idea of pointless trophies and time locked servers suck in and it was like I was waking up as the ass to mouth person in some odd human centipede movie while Gilbert Godfrey beat boxes "Eye of the Tiger" and instead of explosions there's just those crappy little smoke bombs from 1991's Fourth of July.

I need to go back to bed.   

Edited by mandalore

wiDfyPp.png

Promise Breakers lives on!!!

In all seriousness that is exactly what I think too.  I keep having flashbacks off that glorious first play2crush message; in the back ground is coheed and cambria doing "welcome home", I can hear Morgan Freeman reading the words as they play across my minds eye like some star wars scrolling text and then there the awesome explosions!

Then today's post:  at first I was excited and then the whole idea of pointless trophies and time locked servers suck in and it was like I was waking up as the ass to mouth person in some odd human centipede movie while Gilbert Godfrey beat boxes "Eye of the Tiger" and instead of explosions there's just those crappy little smoke bombs from 1991's Fourth of July.

so much this^^^^ lmao down to the coheed and cambria and morgan freeman

X6RBqg7.gif

lmao ... nuuuu come back...  haha, elaborate some more we luv it :D!!!

you got me definitely at Morgan Freeman and Star Wars scrolling text <3

all valid points so far.

How does this not make someone insta zerg a campaign, meet the "win" condition, then poof reset?

Seeing on how I personally have caused division, and infighting in enemy alliances. how I spied, opened city doors at banes, turned off spires mid bane as a spy. lied and started rumors about opposing enemy leaders, caused infighting amongst guild IC etc...I have broken up zergs all by myself. When UDL moved to WoW I stuck around with a new goal. To be the dark hand. To make multiple names and persona to infiltrate guilds and guide them through suggestion, lies and manipulation. I was only half successful. Some guilds were so tightknit, or had a good leader, or were RL friends that they were the preverbal brick wall. Never the less I caused a lot of mischief . None of which would be rewarded or as useful in a zerg, win, poof rinse n repeat system....all of us may be logging into the same server....but we are not all playing the same game. :)

I have concerns..but will wait for more info

Know me and fear me. My embrace is for all and is patient but sure. The dead can always find you. My hand is everywhere - there is no door I cannot pass, nor guardian who can withstand me.

694a6f04-03a1-4af3-8e11-ddd1baa87348.jpg