Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vindi

This Is Not Shadowbane 2 - Off The Hype Train For Now.

I'm hoping this eternal kingdom has constant war, and you are able to take the other guilds player built assets or just destroy them.

Since there are no resources in this world it forces you to go into the other shards, but you're not forced to stay there.

I like this thought process. That could be extremely interesting.

I'm just assuming that there is something missing, especially because of the fact that one of the devs in his bio talks about bringing city building elements of SB to this game.

Reigning over the server in your dominant position, and attempting to hold that dominant position for as long as possible, was the primary point. You could argue "well what's the point of that?" but then you'd never escape such a loop. It's like asking "what's the point of the USA always trying to be the #1 country?"

The desire to be the best at organized warfare or some aspect of it, simply for the sake of being the best for as long as you can, is the fuel that drives sandbox PvP MMOs.

In some games it's "be the best at 1v1", in some it's "be the best in arena matches", but in Shadowbane it was "be the best in national conflict." These games simulate historic organized warfare.

So reigning over the server and everyone leaving is the point? So you take pride in forcing other players to quit the game?

So reigning over the server and everyone leaving is the point? So you take pride in forcing other players to quit the game?

Uh, yeah. Play 2 crush?

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

You can reign and still have many contenders.

nope...the EK can have some FFA...but nothing about Sieging...

not even sure if there will be more than one Monarch per World at this point...but i think that's how it's going to play out

each King gets a World, and subs can have a piece...King sets the terms of the server

but i don't think there'll be any asset destruction there...it's purposely built as carebear heaven to protect your trophy pixels...

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

Each world seems like it'll be a "ToL".... able to open or lock it, build your buildings and have vendors. At least I can camp out and kill people like I did in SB. But I still wanna be able to tear people's poorly made socks down. :(

Each world seems like it'll be a "ToL".... able to open or lock it, build your buildings and have vendors. At least I can camp out and kill people like I did in SB. But I still wanna be able to tear people's **** down. :(

that is, IF the Monarch lets Visitors in at all...

hence my apprehension, it looks like there's no asset destruction in the EKs....and that EK= carebear Heaven

which is fine, i understand WHY they have to do it that way, based on the rest of the Design we have seen so far, it makes sense in it's own way...

but yeah....this looks like it's going to be something relatively "new" in that it's putting aside many previous traditions, smooshing genres together and upping the sheer Scale of the Arena(s)

we'll see how it turns out....not gonna write it off until i get to break a beta....

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...