Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Helix

You should be able,to detonate the barrel

As it is right now, the barrel is useless...And it's not even a good escape tool tbh. You are rooted for 2-3 seconds after vanishing, so good players will save a CC for after your iframe. and since it takes you out of combat, players will just spam LMB and dizzy down you consistently each vanish.

Not too mention the fuse is so long it will never hit a good player, or a mediocre player, or any player.

That said, it can be used really well for area control and as an extra CC in group play where you have a myrm root or knight pulls

I think this would be pretty cool. Drop the decoy, pop back up and trigger it with 1. Maybe have the added bonus that if you detonate the barrel like this you get full pips.

That is a good way to make the barrel absolutly broken. I don't feel the need to explain why.

But I agree with people in this thread it is hard, if not near impossible, to have a setup of the barrel. I managed to do it once, also only because the knight didnt charge out of the way immedietly.

Halving the detonating and fixing the root bug after using it should be enough though.

I AM ME!
I love you all.

That is a good way to make the barrel absolutly broken. I don't feel the need to explain why.

But I agree with people in this thread it is hard, if not near impossible, to have a setup of the barrel. I managed to do it once, also only because the knight didnt charge out of the way immedietly.

Halving the detonating and fixing the root bug after using it should be enough though.

If they made the fuse closer to like 3 seconds...Mayyyybe 4 so you would have to combo it with group mates or train into stun duration to hit it after pepperbox, that would go a long way.

You can use it a bunch for area control as is which actually have some pretty cool applications; like peeling for groupmates, forcing the direction of fights, stuff like that.

Definitely needs fuse reduction though

If they made the fuse closer to like 3 seconds...Mayyyybe 4 so you would have to combo it with group mates or train into stun duration to hit it after pepperbox, that would go a long way.

You can use it a bunch for area control as is which actually have some pretty cool applications; like peeling for groupmates, forcing the direction of fights, stuff like that.

Definitely needs fuse reduction though

I do expect it to be pretty nice to use it when the enemy breach your castle walls as they would funnel into a relatively close space, but yeah is a bit too situational

I think this would be pretty cool. Drop the decoy, pop back up and trigger it with 1. Maybe have the added bonus that if you detonate the barrel like this you get full pips.

If anything it should be the other way around full pips if you hit someone when it self-destruct, hitting with manual detonation is easier so should be less rewarded for that reason

I think all objects that can be created be attackable.

Also, make it 'stealthed' and last up to 60 seconds so you can stack them and set them off like a mine or a trap.

OR just put all this neat stuff on the stalker. :)

CfWBSig.png

I think all objects that can be created be attackable.

Also, make it 'stealthed' and last up to 60 seconds so you can stack them and set them off like a mine or a trap.

OR just put all this neat stuff on the stalker. :)

To have the barrel detonate upon hit, sounds like a good idea to me.

Enemies would require to stop attacking when the barrel pops or get hit by it.

Generally they should reduce the fuse time though, it IS indeed near impossible to hit with it.

You don't even need a dodge ready to escape, you simply walk slowly backwards out of it.

Edited by Zola

On 4/12/2017 at 6:58 PM, shadowclasper said:

Seems like you could use it in the middle of a melee of lots of players to dodge out? But having it explode on hit for somebody who isn't careful about their attacks seems like the best middle ground.

I mean...You can, but the fuse is so long that any decent player will just dodge/run out of the AoE. Also in big world with fights being so kitey you generally don't get melee balls running around in fights. That said, it will be useful in PoI fights and keep defense.

It's still one of the worst C powers in the game though. I like the idea of it exploding on hit. Give it like 3 "HP" so it takes 3 hits from enemies and then explodes...Or something like that. Would add some much needed dimension to the AT

1 minute ago, Jjohnsin said:

I mean...You can, but the fuse is so long that any decent player will just dodge/run out of the AoE. Also in big world with fights being so kitey you generally don't get melee balls running around in fights. That said, it will be useful in PoI fights and keep defense.

It's still one of the worst C powers in the game though. I like the idea of it exploding on hit. Give it like 3 "HP" so it takes 3 hits from enemies and then explodes...Or something like that. Would add some much needed dimension to the AT

I'd say 2 hits, not 3. Three is easy to avoid, but 2 is a case of somebody can get in a single swing on the sucker because the dodge happened mid-swing, and if they just keep brainlessly swinging by clicking over and over with left-mouse they'll pay for it.

Just now, shadowclasper said:

I'd say 2 hits, not 3. Three is easy to avoid, but 2 is a case of somebody can get in a single swing on the sucker because the dodge happened mid-swing, and if they just keep brainlessly swinging by clicking over and over with left-mouse they'll pay for it.

Ya I just chose a random number tbh. It's more the mechanic of that idea that I enjoy