Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

ACE Q&A for January - Official discussion thread

read this dogget!

as i discussed when you previously talked about "flying back to your body" - i hope this doesn't make returning to combat far too cheap (or crow scouting the world; or say bypassing siege defenders etc to skip right to your body next to their tree of life etc)

e.g. like current feedback about graveyard locations and returning back to a fight too fast

Any expectations as to whether we will be seeing vessels coming online this weekend's test [or the 14th]?

Any ETA on the arrival of the templar? [assuming ~1 month+...but prove me wrong...]

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

More insults please?

You look like the red headed illegitimate step child of an under sized viking.

Am I doing this right?

LMAO!  Close, but you need to say something about my receding hairline to really drive the insult home.   :P

• Is the goal still to have 1,000 concurrent players per campaign?

I thought the goal was at least 2,000 and not "up to" 2,000. I've been under the impression 2,000 was the minimum goal, but 1,000 minimum seems to be the new or actual goal if I'm reading the tea leaves correctly. Unless I just misunderstood the goal all along, which would surprise me.

If that's where we land (1,000 players per CW) I hope half of them aren't alt accounts.

edit: I sound like a pessimist here, so sorry for that. Just trying to make sure I understand the plan and any changes. I'd be tickled pink if we could do 1,000 players with great stability. Of course, 2,000 is better.

Edited by coolwaters

I've been under the impression 2,000 was the minimum goal, but 1,000 minimum seems to be the new or actual goal if I'm reading the tea leaves correctly.

Todd say "My goal is to have up to 2000 concurrent on a single campaign world." Which tea leaves are you referring to?

Edited by Jah

IhhQKY6.gif

Todd say "My goal is to have up to 2000 concurrent on a single campaign world." Which tea leaves are you referring to?

I thought his former goal was to have server capacity for a minimum of 2,000 players concurrently. If I understood that correctly then this would be a fairly dramatic change to the goal.

"At least" and "up to" modify the number 2,000 in wholly different ways. The tea leaves are metaphors describing my experience when 20 players are in the same area on a CW currently, leading me to venture that "at least" 2,000 players concurrently might not be possible, thus a change in the stated goal.

Or I just misunderstood the goal all along and it was never to have a capacity for "at least" 2,000 players. I suspect that's the case. Angelmar makes fun of me for being far too literal and perhaps that's the case.

Edited by coolwaters

I thought his former goal was to have server capacity for a minimum of 2,000 players concurrently. If I understood that correctly then this would be a fairly dramatic change to the goal.

"At least" and "up to" modify the number 2,000 in wholly different ways. The tea leaves are metaphors describing my experience when 20 players are in the same area on a CW currently, leading me to venture that "at least" 2,000 players concurrently might not be possible, thus a change in the stated goal.

Or I just misunderstood the goal all along and it was never to have a capacity for "at least" 2,000 players. I suspect that's the case. Angelmar makes fun of me for being far too literal and perhaps that's the case.

Summary of May 2016 Q&A thread

http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/12027-questions-answers-summary/?hl=2000#entry275507

What is the estimated cap on concurrent players per server at launch? 

1000 concurrent is ACE minimum for a campaign world. 2000 would be great and anything beyond that is probably unnecessary.

Edited by Dirkoff

o8WHnLc.png

THE most active European guild. Join us

now!

Summary of May 2016 Q&A thread

http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/12027-questions-answers-summary/?hl=2000#entry275507

What is the estimated cap on concurrent players per server at launch? 

1000 concurrent is ACE minimum for a campaign world. 2000 would be great and anything beyond that is probably unnecessary.

Thanks your Countness!

Here's hoping they get there. Depending on the size of the world 1,000 would work fine so long as alt accounts don't saturate the CW. 2,000 and it's a party.

Concurrent players means people currently online at once. Not total server capacity. Alt accounts shouldn't affect concurrency much since most people aren't going to be multiboxing.

Alt accounts shouldn't affect concurrency much since most people aren't going to be multiboxing.

I don't disagree with it as written, but I kind of disagree with the implication that the alt accounts won't be a problem.

While more than 50% of the player base won't have alt accounts logged in, many of those that do will have 2, 3 or 5 logged in. I know I will if I can. I know Tark will. I bet a lot of us will.

edit: that's awesome Tinnis.

Edited by coolwaters

I don't disagree with it as written, but I kind of disagree with the implication that the alt accounts won't be a problem.

While more than 50% of the player base won't have alt accounts logged in, many of those that do will have 2, 3 or 5 logged in. I know I will if I can. I know Tark will. I bet a lot of us will.

edit: that's awesome Tinnis.

You may need to pay for VIP on all those accounts to make sure they can get past the queue and into the campaign. That should help keep the lights turned on, and so may be a good thing.

IhhQKY6.gif