Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

ACE Q&A for January - Official discussion thread

@todd In the Q&A video you are saying if you had the money to hire a QA Lead you would prefer to hire a server engineer instead. See video at the correct time fragment for the quote here: https://youtu.be/SHSYS2KgOVg?t=2m36s

Don't get me wrong, if you would think the money is better spend on a server engineer instead of a QA Lead that is okay. But don't tell me you don't have the money. It should still be there sitting in the bank waiting for the QA Lead.

So please explain to us where the money from the stretch goal went to? Where did the raised money go to?

Edited by Caenth

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

@todd In the Q&A video you are saying if you had the money to hire a QA Lead you would prefer to hire a server engineer instead. See video at the correct time fragment for the quote here: https://youtu.be/SHSYS2KgOVg?t=2m36s

Don't get me wrong, if you would think the money is better spend on a server engineer instead of a QA Lead that is okay. But don't tell me you don't have the money. It should still be there sitting in the bank waiting for the QA Lead.

So please explain to us where the money from the stretch goal went to? Where did the raised money go to?

8rVFy0C.gif

Yes! Skill queuing is absolutely a need (well, a want). I can show up and change the skills, but I would greatly prefer to queue it. Especially since it was my initial impression we would be able to. (probably based on random comments on the forums)

And I'm curious to see how the vessel system will play out... 

I've seen EVE, so I'm not entirely clueless, but still I am curious how Crowfall will differ. (You can't carry your ship in your inventory, but you can reasonably carry a body)

I am also surprised... No one has complained about the fact the vessel system encourages camping the graveyard yet :P

I'd love to have 2000 players concurrent but I believe JTC is correct that anywhere above 1000 should be ok.  Also, like all other aspects of the game this can always improve post-launch if the game is successful and they make enough money to continue building more and more on it.

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

I'd love to have 2000 players concurrent but I believe JTC is correct that anywhere above 1000 should be ok.  Also, like all other aspects of the game this can always improve post-launch if the game is successful and they make enough money to continue building more and more on it.

We may also find that the game plays better as a conquest game with fewer players and more individual worlds.  It may be that a world population of 500 is just right for the type of game it is.  Imagine a game of risk with one player for every country.  That would not be a good game until more than half of them moved on.

Another example if there are account limits on how many worlds you can join, it may be possible to totally dodge Zerg guilds simply by ignoring worlds they are in.

Travian, their European distribution partners are well versed in campaign worlds that start very full, and whittle down in players starting from day one.  I could easily see CF start heading in that direction on certain bands.  It's a very good model that keeps things fresh as every time you loose a world, there is another one starting up.

I don't think 2000+ simultaneous players guarantees a good game experience.  It sounds good on paper, but could easily just be an unmanageable mess.

We may also find that the game plays better as a conquest game with fewer players and more individual worlds.  It may be that a world population of 500 is just right for the type of game it is.  Imagine a game of risk with one player for every country.  That would not be a good game until more than half of them moved on.

Another example if there are account limits on how many worlds you can join, it may be possible to totally dodge Zerg guilds simply by ignoring worlds they are in.

Travian, their European distribution partners are well versed in campaign worlds that start very full, and whittle down in players starting from day one.  I could easily see CF start heading in that direction on certain bands.  It's a very good model that keeps things fresh as every time you loose a world, there is another one starting up.

I don't think 2000+ simultaneous players guarantees a good game experience.  It sounds good on paper, but could easily just be an unmanageable mess.

Did you play Shadowbane? I'm only curious based on your perspective.

I feel confident that more players will absolutely = more fun in a game like this. I've seen dozens of servers (CWs) come and go and one thing was a constant: it was a blast when population was very, very high. It sucked when population was low. It was OK when population was mediocre.

I don't think this is a close one.

Edited by coolwaters

Did you play Shadowbane? I'm only curious based on your perspective.

I feel confident that more players will absolutely = more fun in a game like this. I've seen dozens of servers (CWs) come and go and one thing was a constant: it was a blast when population was very, very high. It sucked when population was low. It was OK when population was mediocre.

I don't think this is a close one.

Never played it, so that could easily cause me to skew my perspective.

I've just seen and read about all the other problems that huge server populations have, especially with Zerg clans and such.  Since this is a conquest game I would really hate to see all the conquests be about numbers.

If you look at Ark servers, https://arkservers.net/1/rank/asc/  "There are currently  20,877 people surviving on  15,326 online ARK islands!"

They have more servers with lower simultaneous populations as a model.  (<200)  I'm not saying CF should head that low, or even target that kind of number, only that 20k of simultaneous players playing a single game in different worlds, is not anything to sneeze at.  This probably isn't even an exhaustive list.

But I could very well be wrong about the fun factor.  It may just take near 2000 simultaneous players to be ideal.  I was just saying that's not the only model that works.

Due to lack of time I could not read all posts but I didn't see anything about the 4:40 Minute mark insert of the YouTube video, so I thought I am going to share this anyways with you:

586cdc3a0ad10_QAJanuar-FrameJoke.thumb.j

Banner-250x50.png

German Community Fansitehttp://www.crowfall-community.de/ - News | Forum | Patchnotes | Guild Hosting | Guides | Database

Yes, please. I registered an entire domain for this alone. www.guinecean.com

He truly did too.

Gotta love a guy who will take a gag as far as our atypical but loveable Brit will.

Give the man his crotch chop emote for the sake of the children.

Edited by coolwaters