Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Armor Choices

yulis

It seems strange to me that the skill trees let druids put training into Plate and Mail...why would that be?

Any AT can use any armor type. Its up to the player to decide which benefits or pro/cons they want for wearing certain armor types and mix and matching and such.

That makes sense I guess...I assume plate has "tanky" stats on it so I wouldn't necessarilty want it.  Althoughthat being said, the skill tree only has staff in it for druids, so it seems that they are making some limiting decisions up front.  Maybe there is a valid role for a plate wearing druid...

I'll have to research the pros and cons of each armor type.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

The main reason for letting all AT's to use all armor types is to allow for more character diversity, through the different armor properties, mitigations and so on. It is also a very important element of this in terms of the set bonuses, which can do things as drastic as granting entirely new abilities to yourself or others, such as a Stun or Lifesteal. You can see this outlined in the image below:

HZSBxm.jpg

For a Druid, this gives you the option to add Value to your Life tray, or your Death tray, or your Essence/Resource management. This is a pretty good way to promote diversity, even if the armor bonuses or even usages don't make very much sense. ;)

Edited by Anthrage

It will just end up as 95% of people will use a single type of armor and then changes will roll out to balance it out. A alternative that could happen would be skill unlock bonus's for armor that you could swap out. Like plate gains 30% increases resistances at the cost of 10% movement speed, or it could have a 5% chance to ignoring the damage completely but it increases sprint consumption by 50%. Maybe even grants a temporary power you can activate to negate damage or give a damage barrier. Things you can choose between that are special to the armor.

The set bonus are unlikely to result in 95% of people using the same armor type...

It will just end up as 95% of people will use a single type of armor and then changes will roll out to balance it out. A alternative that could happen would be skill unlock bonus's for armor that you could swap out. Like plate gains 30% increases resistances at the cost of 10% movement speed, or it could have a 5% chance to ignoring the damage completely but it increases sprint consumption by 50%. Maybe even grants a temporary power you can activate to negate damage or give a damage barrier. Things you can choose between that are special to the armor.

Set bonus should be valid if you have 3 of 4 pieces of the same type, that way we can have even more diversity of player choices yet only one set bonus can be active at a time.

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

Yep. Pretty sure this discussion is not about right now. ;)

It was asked in the present tense, but fine. 

If the set bonuses stay the way they are, while 95% may be high, the vast majority of players will make the same choices, just like they did when these set bonuses worked. Set bonuses could be very cool and can make up for some of the meh skill training, maybe. But they'd need to be way, way more robust and diverse than they are now.

If sets are the way they're going to go I'd love to see different combinations of armor result in wildly different skill / mod behavior. Leather chest, feet, head and Plate gloves = X while a different combination = Z.

best way to reanimate set bonuses is add possibility to chose different set bonuses while crafting

all set bonuses should be unique per armor type and works if full set with the same bonus equipped

for example, 3 focus bonuses: dps, sustain, support. for all armor types it should be different and bonus should depend on color or armor

to the topic I would vote for light armor set coz it gives more RMB blinks.

crowfall pvp makkonMyrmidon statement: rangefall

Discord makkon#8550

If I am remember right they do intent to have set bonuses be craftable on the armors so you can choose(even with set for mixed types possible, so you could ahve say leather helmet and boots, and plate chest and leg for the set), that just haven't been implemented, so they threw some static set bonuses on the different types to test out the set system.

(Don't remember exactly where it was states so take what I said with a grain (Or maybe even a pile) of salt)

Edited by Gummiel