• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Handies

ViP benefits @Devs?

Priority Login

Skill Queueing

10%(Magic number that I want to see)discount on any store purchase

Let's be real here for a minute. What could they really add other than above mentioned, that would A:Make players buy it or B: make players not want to just have more than one account?

Edited by Handies

I would like to see some reduction in negative effects. This is a good way to add value, without adding power.

• Durability hit reduction.  Lose items slower when you die.
  • Tax Reduction in EK.

Also

• Regular/Monthly bonus cosmetic or EK specific items.  Like the current Bloodwine fountain.
  • Material Factories of low quality construction materials for the EK. (I know the fly on the wall castle building part 2 said those were not for the EK, but they could be for those more interested in playing castle lego than PvP).
  • Improved Export limits.

Basically I think they can load in all sorts of EK bonus things, maybe even a EK specific currency for the shop, that won't pass through embargo or to campaign worlds, but let people build out their kingdoms, without upsetting anything balance wise.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

I think realistically a person will own multiple accounts and then choose one of them to have VIP on it. I think we need to stop trying to think of ways to discourage multiple accounts. The only way to do that is to redesign the skill tree and its entire function in the game, thats a tall order. Instead make it worth having at least 1 account with VIP.

If they are smart they will have special skins that can get unlocked with X number of months of VIP used.

Access to special dyes and models for crafting would be a great start.

Look at games like Path of Exile where its 100% free to play but the game has cosmetics you can buy, option for the stash where you can edit the tab names and color, even the ability to turn a tab in to a 'sale' tab where people can access the PoE API and query everyones 'sale' tab. 

Its entire revenue is based off of it and they did so well in 2016 they almost doubled their staff, over 90 people full time to develop a dungeon crawler.... basicly a better version of Diablo 3, it has nowhere near the potential as crowfall.

Edited by Vectious

CfWBSig.png

I think realistically a person will own multiple accounts and then choose one of them to have VIP on it. I think we need to stop trying to think of ways to discourage multiple accounts. The only way to do that is to redesign the skill tree and its entire function in the game, thats a tall order. Instead make it worth having at least 1 account with VIP.

If they are smart they will have special skins that can get unlocked with X number of months of VIP used.

Access to special dyes and models for crafting would be a great start.

Look at games like Path of Exile where its 100% free to play but the game has cosmetics you can buy, option for the stash where you can edit the tab names and color, even the ability to turn a tab in to a 'sale' tab where people can access the PoE API and query everyones 'sale' tab. 

Its entire revenue is based off of it and they did so well in 2016 they almost doubled their staff, over 90 people full time to develop a dungeon crawler.... basicly a better version of Diablo 3, it has nowhere near the potential as crowfall.

We need to actually continue to try to think of ways to discourage multiple accounts. Why? Well, that is easy..

A: One person buys one more account, that is a flat $50.

B: Same person instead buys ViP, that is $15 a month.

I would like to see some reduction in negative effects. This is a good way to add value, without adding power.

• Durability hit reduction.  Lose items slower when you die.
  • Tax Reduction in EK.

Also

• Regular/Monthly bonus cosmetic or EK specific items.  Like the current Bloodwine fountain.
  • Material Factories of low quality construction materials for the EK. (I know the fly on the wall castle building part 2 said those were not for the EK, but they could be for those more interested in playing castle lego than PvP).
  • Improved Export limits.

Basically I think they can load in all sorts of EK bonus things, maybe even a EK specific currency for the shop, that won't pass through embargo or to campaign worlds, but let people build out their kingdoms, without upsetting anything balance wise.

Not really in favour of the highlighted options. Those are pay to win. VIP status should only add convenience, account services and cosmetics but not give in-game advantage.

Edited by Dirkoff

o8WHnLc.png

THE most active European guild. Join us

now!

No really in favour of the highlighted options. Those are pay to win. VIP status should only add convenience, account services and cosmetics but not give in-game advantage.

I'll give you the durability hit one, that could add power in a siege situation. It's not going to give you any more power than you already could get, it's just going to make your gear last longer. So it's not a direct boost, but I could see the argument.

I don't see the other two falling into that category.

Maybe it's my bias that the EK is more like a personal play space, and that the real game balance is controlled on the import rules, when you first enter a campaign.

I don't see EK tax reduction or Extra export of resources as being a power in game advantage thing, especially since you can fully tune your EK PvP settings etc.  Also extra export will mean you have less resources because you embargoed them, and will mean you have less in your campaign world to work with, which is where they are far more important.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

I think mico transactions have proved that people are willing to spend fortunes on cosmetics items. 

VIP would do well to include cosmetic items in its "benefits". 

Something I would have them consider is, cosmetic items could "transmute" to take the place of other items. Since all items (and vessels) are temporary, so would these transmutes. VIP players could get a monthly array of transmutes that either change, or remain stagnant, as a VIP reward. 

You could also offer each individual cosmetic for sale for microtransactions.

I wouldnt put ANY time into the base game "transmutes" I wouldnt even allow it. I think leaving it 'as is' is the best option.

You craft a freaking EPIC 2H sword. Well guess what, it looks like any other sword out there. You craft the most BAD ASS chest plate the CW has ever seen? Looks like ordinary plate armor to me.... You wanna look bad ass, VIP or buy a transmute.

To give an example.

VIP pack($15/mo): 15 random cosmetic transmutes per month. Bound to account. Consumes upon use. No "choice" as to what you get.
Microtransaction: purchase a specific transmute: $2-10 each. (depends on the transmute). (Always more expensive per item than VIP).

Something like that.

Now that VIP player has incentive to get his 15 Xmutes a month, always letting his vessels/gear look bad ass.

Zero F2P. Most people will buy these small things - as long as they are MICRO transactions. Shouldnt be too hard either to make them. Have a team releasing a new batch of 5 xmutes each month "guaranteed" in the VIP packs and people will go nuts for VIP to always have the "latest" Xmutes.

the only other system you can create would involve the skill tree:
- Que system
- Online Portal

Both these are mostly irrelevant though within the current iteration of the skill tree. 

EDIT: After writing this. I honestly think the game would do well do drop its purchase price from $50 to like $20. Then adding these micro transactions. POE is completely F2P and offers pretty cool microtransactions and is HUGELY successful. Id copy their model honestly.

Make bad ass Xmutes. Crowfall has the advantage that nothing is permanent creating a constant need for new Xmutes. Seems like the no brainer money maker to me.

Edited by th3gatekeeper

I accept.

Not really in favour of the highlighted options. Those are pay to win. VIP status should only add convenience, account services and cosmetics but not give in-game advantage.

Anything and everything of reasonable value added to VIP will be called P2W. It's a meaningless phrase used to sway emotion.

If this were a subscription based game (as it should have been from the beginning, frankly) and you were allowed to play for free in any fashion, we wouldn't feel this way.

It's nonsensical, really. People's expectations are out of whack based on these revenue models over the past 10 years or so and it's really screwed gaming up in my opinion.

My guildmate facerip and I have already solved this problem.  Change VIP from 1General3AT trains to 2G2AT or 3G1AT.  This makes multi-accounting vastly inferior and people still have a way to get VIP in game if they seriously can't afford the 10-15 a month. 

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

Let's be real here for a minute. What could they really add other than above mentioned, that would A:Make players buy it or B: make players not want to just have more than one account?

Sped up training, more than 1 universal at a time, larger "bank" space, +% increase speed or luck in anything (crafting, gathering, farming), access to testing server and or first access to new ATs, able to be Alliance or large group leader, larger EK, more stuff in EK(s), number of Thralls active at one time, decreased EK upkeep (this still a thing?).

Personally not going to pay an ongoing fee without something of "worth" in return. That "worth" being some sort of advantage in my eyes. As is, 2 extra AT is okay, but only because I have a ton of "free" VIP.

F2P I'd be more willing to go for fluff store items, but B2P not so much. No offense to devs, but to me this is just milking early adopters as I don't see the price staying high if remaining at all for a significant amount of time. Market is very clear on this.

Long term, they will need incentives to keep vets paying and reasons for new players to buy-in. If game price alone can sustain them with whales/groups buying expensive vanity houses, cool, but I doubt it.

Alts will always exist for those that see their value. However, my guess is the potential cost of maintaining multiple accounts might be higher than the simple dollar value. One account with VIP could potentially be more useful if VIP provided enough, especially if there were further increased incentives for consecutive or number of VIP active in a period

Edited by APE

Sped up training, more than 1 universal at a time, larger "bank" space, +% increase speed or luck in anything (crafting, gathering, farming), access to testing server and or first access to new ATs, able to be Alliance or large group leader, larger EK, more stuff in EK(s), number of Thralls active at one time, decreased EK upkeep (this still a thing?).

Personally not going to pay an ongoing fee without something of "worth" in return. That "worth" being some sort of advantage in my eyes. As is, 2 extra AT is okay, but only because I have a ton of "free" VIP.

F2P I'd be more willing to go for fluff store items, but B2P not so much. No offense to devs, but to me this is just milking early adopters as I don't see the price staying high if remaining at all for a significant amount of time. Market is very clear on this.

Long term, they will need incentives to keep vets paying and reasons for new players to buy-in. If game price alone can sustain them with whales/groups buying expensive vanity houses, cool, but I doubt it.

Alts will always exist for those that see their value. However, my guess is the potential cost of maintaining multiple accounts might be higher than the simple dollar value. One account with VIP could potentially be more useful if VIP provided enough, especially if there were further increased incentives for consecutive or number of VIP active in a period

Alot of the stuff you mentioned will not fly with people.

Because they feel as if they shouldn't have to pay a fair price to enjoy this experience.

It would be cool if certain CWs with higher yield had an entry fee that VIP would cover. Absent that you're gonna have to add something meaningful or the choice is really, really clear. That choice is just to buy a few extra accounts and never spend a penny for VIP.

Because they feel as if they shouldn't have to pay a fair price to enjoy this experience.

It would be cool if certain CWs with higher yield had an entry fee that VIP would cover. Absent that you're gonna have to add something meaningful or the choice is really, really clear. That choice is just to buy a few extra accounts and never spend a penny for VIP.

IF the guild leader had ViP, would that cover his guild mates? If not, I'm not okay with that. If so, +1

IF the guild leader had ViP, would that cover his guild mates? If not, I'm not okay with that. If so, +1

Not if I got to make the decision. Everyone would either get in with VIP or they'd pony up for the entry fee to the CW.

Even like $10 entry fee for each non-VIP account to the upper tier CWs would be a nice income to ACE on a continuing basis. Would also discourage multi-accounts.

Allowing real, true priority access to CWs to VIP (i.e. VIP can get in and non-VIP can't, if the server is at X capacity) would also help a lot, assuming full CWs.

Edited by coolwaters

Because devs set themselves and us up.

It's a nice idea that B2P can work, but without a decent number of folks picking up the slack or simply a large initial population, it rarely works. F2P with a "convenience" Sub or "advantage" will get people invested. Might turn some away, but might build a stronger core. Like WoW, EVE, FFXIV. Lots may come and go, but a core keeps the game chugging along.

"People" will pay for incentives, this is how most games work these days.

ESO, SWTOR, Albion, Wildstar, Tera, ArcheAge, Neverwinter, Rift, even EVE is going this way. Sure there are plenty more. Most (all?) sub games have cash shops.

Give CU credit for being up front about being sub based and no shop. They'll live or die by it.... or change down the road.

Not if I got to make the decision. Everyone would either get in with VIP or they'd pony up for the entry fee to the CW.

Even like $10 entry fee for each non-VIP account to the upper tier CWs would be a nice income to ACE on a continuing basis. Would also discourage multi-accounts.

Allowing real, true priority access to CWs to VIP (i.e. VIP can get in and non-VIP can't, if the server is at X capacity) would also help a lot, assuming full CWs.

I can see it now... "blah blah guild is recruiting. Must have ViP. Fill out app on our site and provide proof of Vip"

Because devs set themselves and us up.

It's a nice idea that B2P can work, but without a decent number of folks picking up the slack or simply a large initial population, it rarely works. F2P with a "convenience" Sub or "advantage" will get people invested. Might turn some away, but might build a stronger core. Like WoW, EVE, FFXIV. Lots may come and go, but a core keeps the game chugging along.

"People" will pay for incentives, this is how most games work these days.

ESO, SWTOR, Albion, Wildstar, Tera, ArcheAge, Neverwinter, Rift, even EVE is going this way. Sure there are plenty more. Most (all?) sub games have cash shops.

Give CU credit for being up front about being sub based and no shop. They'll live or die by it.... or change down the road.

This game really should have been f2p with optional sub. SWTOR is a terrible example. The only game where I have ever seen, you must have sub or buy that char unlock(per toon) to wear epics. 

Edited by Handies

A game like this is awful for a B2P or F2P model.

Shadowbane went to utter poorly made socks when they dropped the sub. Alt accounts exploded. Development stopped. The ass-hattery was rampant and the worst of the worst were attracted to the F2P model.

And then there was China ...

Edited by coolwaters

My guildmate facerip and I have already solved this problem.  Change VIP from 1General3AT trains to 2G2AT or 3G1AT.  This makes multi-accounting vastly inferior and people still have a way to get VIP in game if they seriously can't afford the 10-15 a month. 

While that may solve the issue, it would create another problem. They want to have scarcity between disciplines (crafting, harvesting etc) so that people will interact with each other. I know the counter argument is that others can purchase multiple accounts. But if you allow 2 or 3 general skills to be trained simultaneously, you would effectively double or triple the disciplines that the overall population would possess and it would by far and way trump the people who have multiple accounts if you left it as it is now.

The average gamer will have one account. People who kickstarted this project and spent a significant amount of money will probably do the multi account thing because they are not cost sensitive. I bet they have data to suggest that the significant majority usually has one account. Your idea isn't bad by any means. But I think it would have consequences that would go against some of the stated goals they've had since the beginning.

I think allowing what you suggest would fall under the "advantage" category and they have been trying to stay away from that. Personally I wanted them to do 1 general skill at regular speed, and then maybe a 2nd skill in the same discipline at 10 - 20 percent of regular speed which would make it 5 to 10 times longer to train that 2nd skill. It would almost make no difference for the player in the short term. But over the long term (years) it could make a huge difference and it would give them steady long term revenue from the people that want to take advantage of that.

Edited by Fulcrum