Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Handies

ViP benefits @Devs?

I would like to see the VIP have a slight Pay to win feature added into it.  Nothing that would be game breaking but a slight advantage over free to play players. I think VIP in the long run will be the funding Crowfall needs to keep operating for new content and continued support so it needs to be an attractable feature for people to sink money into.  I also want to get full benefit of the years of VIP I got with my KS package.

God no. No amount of pay to win. I don't know how anyone could even think to suggest that.

I'll gladly pay for VIP as long as there is no pay to win. Minor convenience and cosmetic stuff I'll toss tons of money at (I've given $700+ to Path of Exile for it) but any pay to win and I just won't play the game at all.

Guild Leader of Seeds of War

Here is a suggestion for a VIP advantage - Skill training path.  Allow VIP members to plot out farther than what they are currently training so they don't have to log into the skill tree to keep progressing.  Let VIP's pick "next training slot" on top of "current training slot".  This wouldn't be  P2W, as anyone else can always set their alarm clock to log in and click the next progression for training, while the VIP's sleep in and have a leisurely breakfast.

Piikaa / Pkaoo

rSHxVEY.gif

My guildmate facerip and I have already solved this problem.  Change VIP from 1General3AT trains to 2G2AT or 3G1AT.  This makes multi-accounting vastly inferior and people still have a way to get VIP in game if they seriously can't afford the 10-15 a month.

Wouldn't people just pick up more accounts to play different archetypes? More people would be self sufficient so that's a plus, but I think "altaholics" will still purchase more accounts.

Wouldn't people just pick up more accounts to play different archetypes? More people would be self sufficient so that's a plus, but I think "altaholics" will still purchase more accounts.

Depends.

That could be solved by making AT training transportable. So VIP gets for example 4 AT switch tokens a month (1 switch per week), that when used let you bank the training time from one AT, and move it to another.

Those tokens could also be sold as one off's in the shop for 5$ or something, so everyone gets to switch/try if they want.

Depends.

That could be solved by making AT training transportable. So VIP gets for example 4 AT switch tokens a month (1 switch per week), that when used let you bank the training time from one AT, and move it to another.

Those tokens could also be sold as one off's in the shop for 5$ or something, so everyone gets to switch/try if they want.

Are you refering to something like EVE does with Skill Extractor?  

If you are unfamiliar with this, a player takes trained but unwanted skills, drains them, transfers them to a new character, and they can allocate the points however they see fit.

What's about adding an additional random R2-R5 node (no mother node) on VIP resource parcels in EK?

It's low enough to give maximum blue resources but at the same time it's attractive because each respan will be a random type based on resource parcel type.

(e.g. Woodland Grove can give Oaks, Ash, etc..)

WaltZie :)

ZCcquVD.png
THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

What's about adding an additional random R2-R5 node (no mother node) on VIP resource parcels in EK?

It's low enough to give maximum blue resources but at the same time it's attractive because each respan will be a random type based on resource parcel type.

(e.g. Woodland Grove can give Oaks, Ash, etc..)

WaltZie :)

There are no "VIP" resource parcels in the EK's (or real resources of any kind for that matter), it would defeat the need to enter campaign worlds to acquire anything worth while.  

It's all tier 1 slag,cobble, and knot wood.  (See sanctuary server for example)

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

I still hate the wild overuse of the wildly non-specific reference to "pay to win." It's not useful at all in this context: VIP value relative to the alternate options  (alternate accounts) available and being widely used, already, is the important distinction. Those are the only available options to participate in additional content in CF. (1) Alt Accounts (2) VIP.

I know alt accounts are being used this way, because I used them this weekend to good effect. 2 of my 3 crafting alts took all the wood and hide and used the training + potions to obtain a far greater number of pips (17) in all experimentation of all components and weapons / armors in those lines. I gained the exact same items I'd have gained if I could have trained those alternate crafting lines on my VIP account. The difference? ACE just gets less money to develop the game because I chose (was leveraged) to buy alt accounts in order to enjoy the crafting content in CF. 

So long as the option to "buy" far more "advantage" in alt accounts exists for far less money, it's comical to conclude that relative to the alternative (account) that we know exists already, that VIP training additional non-combat harvesting and crafting lines would be "pay to win." It would be less pay to win, without question, compared to the alternative (account).

Other ideas that are rational:

• Increased inventory space by 50%
  • Increased Spirit Bank (Embargo) by 50%.
  • Priority server access.
  • Exclusive training queuing.

My .02.

Edited by coolwaters

Current VIP benefits are super poo and its not fun at all for someone one who paid to play the game but can only train 1 AT at a time, if this was f2p i could understand but it's not.

krevra.png

There are no "VIP" resource parcels in the EK's (or real resources of any kind for that matter), it would defeat the need to enter campaign worlds to acquire anything worth while.  

It's all tier 1 slag,cobble, and knot wood.  (See sanctuary server for example)

Yes I know there are not "VIP" parcels atm...I think i'm not clear ...

What I meant is to add a random R1-R4 resource spawn on "vip" members resources parcels(this will push to buy resources parcels that are totally unusefull with R1 basic type atm).

This does not avoid to enter in campaign worlds, because you need R5+ to get high quality resources and in any case you cannot get gems & crystals!

In EK you can get only ONE node resource for resource parcel durring VIP period (no mothernode, no epic and no legendary) while von VIP members can go in campaign and farm (3min) the 1st meet node (getting more chances to have better quality resources).

An other plus may be to let VIP member to choose resource type from their resources parcel, instead of the basic one.

WaltZie

Edited by WaltZie

ZCcquVD.png
THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

Yes I know there are not "VIP" parcels atm...I think i'm not clear ...

What I meant is to add a random R1-R4 resource spawn on "vip" members resources parcels(this will push to buy resources parcels that are totally unusefull with R1 basic type atm).

This does not avoid to enter in campaign worlds, because you need R5+ to get high quality resources and in any case you cannot get gems & crystals!

In EK you can get only ONE node resource for resource parcel durring VIP period (no mothernode, no epic and no legendary) while von VIP members can go in campaign and farm (3min) the 1st meet node (getting more chances to have better quality resources).

An other plus may be to let VIP member to choose resource type from their resources parcel, instead of the basic one.

WaltZie

This is literally buying power. This should not happen.

Straight up VIP really has no benefits at this point...  This absolutely has to be addressed because at this point person A. can buy 3 accounts at $45 each ($135 total) and never pay VIP.  All the while they will be more effective/ more self-sufficient than person B. who pays for one account, and pays a VIP sub fee of lets say $15 a month for an entire year at $180$(total of $225 with purchase of game and assuming you don't buy subs in bulk). 

This is a whole hell of a lot of sustainable income that ACE would be losing out on with the current system in place. I know many people are quick to hit the PAY2WIN/VAPORWARE dismissal button but the current system is exactly that AND on top of it all ACE is losing out on money that could go towards the sustaining of this game for years to come, hiring that server engineer Todd has mentioned, you get my point.

I see nothing wrong with having the ability to train 1 Exploration/Combat node along with 1 Harvesting node  and 1 Crafting node all at the same time so long as you subscribe to VIP. I get that there is this goal to revive the Sole Crafter or Gatherer dynamic but I feel like even with a system like this in place people would still flock to their preferred play style and fill out those roles. Perhaps if those types were willing to completely sacrifice an Exploration/Combat node they could use that towards an additional Crafting or Gathering node to further their commitment to their selected play style.   

Until this is addressed smaller guilds/ groups of friends will essentially be required to have multiple accounts if they want to remain remotely competitive. So why not eliminate the need for multiple accounts and enable ACE to make more money to put towards this game we are all rooting for?

Edited by Lebler

This is literally buying power. This should not happen.

You can double your "power" in this game for $45, a one time payment.

Refusing to acknowledge that as a basis to prevent VIP from offering a similar value would be a mistake, forcing content consumption into a far more awkward and inefficient mechanic than VIP could offer, while also generating far more revenue (Real VIP would).

If you can't get rid of the alt account "power game" then VIP better offer an option as attractive or it'll be messy. We'll be so thick with alt accounts nobody will really know who or how many they're playing against.

Edited by coolwaters

I don't really get this idea that VIP is lacking. It does exactly what it's supposed to... provides convenience. Everyone seems to want VIP to provide more power. That's a terrible idea. 

Having 3 Archetypes trained on one account will be very handy. It means no swapping characters and running across the world to change classes. It means being able to share equipment instead of needing a set for each character (or taking the time to transfer it). I'll definitely have a VIP sub going the whole time I play.

Sure, multiple accounts has it's benefits but I really don't think multiple accounts will be as big of a thing as people think. Managing multiple accounts is a pain in the ass. Your average player is not going to do it.

If you want to improve the value of VIP make it things like

• extra cosmetic options for your characters (special outfits or customization options each month, VIP specific colors, etc)
  • some extra bank space (that'll make up for the extra storage space from a second account)
  • customizable tabs for your bank (name/color)
  • special forum badge
  • mini-pets
  • VIP specific emotes
  • VIP specific housing decorations (non-functional cosmetic stuff)

or similar things. Not more skill training. Not more resources. Not anything that actually affects your power level in any way.

Edited by Svenn