Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Title III raise 2nd stretch goal achieved - Official discussion thread

That's pretty sweet. 

Unfortunately I can't shell out another $100 to get in on that. 

At least looking us kickstarter backers are still coming out ahead... even if we miss out on the epic parcel.

Help me out here.  I'm trying to understand (in summary) how these stretch rewards will work.  Is this accurate?

Investors - ($100+ via MicroVentures before January 18, 2017)

• Bloodwine Fountain Relic
  • Villa
  • Woodland Grove Parcel
  • Fallen Colossus Parcel*
  • "Perks" as described on the MicroVentures site

* Contingent on reaching the final stretch goal of 50%

Backers - (purchased any package: KickStarter, Crowfall.com, etc.)

• Bloodwine Drinking Horn Relic
  • Woodland Grove Parcel

Investor & Backer

• All of both sets of rewards (making it 2x Woodland Grove Parcels)

Questions:

1. Doesn't becoming an investor give you a backer package?
  2. What is the difference between the "Fountain" and "Horn" relics?

Am I understanding this correctly?

Nazdar

Proud member of The Hunger

This is a UNIQUE parcel, meaning that the ONLY way to get one of these is to participate in the Title III offering before it ends.

This makes me cry.

I need everyone to stop being poor and spend their childs future on this.

Edited by Vectious

CfWBSig.png

Help me out here.  I'm trying to understand (in summary) how these stretch rewards will work.  Is this accurate?

Investors - ($100+ via MicroVentures before January 18, 2017)

• Bloodwine Fountain Relic
  • Villa
  • Woodland Grove Parcel
  • Fallen Colossus Parcel*
  • "Perks" as described on the MicroVentures site

* Contingent on reaching the final stretch goal of 50%

Backers - (purchased any package: KickStarter, Crowfall.com, etc.)

• Bloodwine Drinking Horn Relic
  • Woodland Grove Parcel

Investor & Backer

• All of both sets of rewards (making it 2x Woodland Grove Parcels)

Questions:

1. Doesn't becoming an investor give you a backer package?
  2. What is the difference between the "Fountain" and "Horn" relics?

Am I understanding this correctly?

Crap, got it wrong.

Actually both fountain and horn are "relics", which get placed in a building. The difference is the horn can only be used by the building owner, the fountain can be used by anyone visiting your EK. See here: https://www.crowfall.com/en/news/indiegogo-stretch-goal-announced/

Also the fountain takes up a "large reliquary slot" in the building, and the horn takes up a "small reliquary slot".

As it says in your quote, "Horn is an item you can carry around with you and use in the field."

I really misunderstood it then.  I read "smaller", and "this stand-alone artifact" as can carry with you.  

Always thought this thing was a "meh" item. anyway.

My apologies.

Fountain is an item you place in your EK in a building.  It is stationary.

Horn is an item you can carry around with you and use in the field.

You missed the other items on the MicroVentures site.

1. 2017 Early Backer Avatar Frame
  2. 2017 Early Backer Forum Badge
  3. All 2017 Badges and Frames up to Early Backer level

Pretty sure with the backer rewards, investors are considered backers.  If you read all the commentary Q&A on that site, the distinction appears to be "Not all backers are investors, but all investors are backers".

I am not a rep of ACE though, so I could be wrong.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

This parcel is amazing!  You all really outdid yourselves.

I think it's just about time for us as a community to really drive this investment round home.  Even making mention of it to those whom might be interested in owning some shares in gaming company will help -- just getting the word out there.

For those interested in investing, it can be an intimidating process what with you having to accept seven or so different checkmarks that ask if you understand the process.  In terms of the legals, a good rule of thumb is to not invest more than $2,000 if you don't know what bracket you're in.  This goes for the U.S. investors, at least.  The law only allows us to invest $2,000 or 5% of our income (whichever is greater) in this, unless we meet other qualifications such as making $100k annually and or having 100k in assets (house isn't included in this).  If you think you qualify for either of these, then you should look up the legal documentations to confirm and not take my loose elaboration of the process as the word (I am definitely missing things or maybe even getting something wrong with a brief explanation).  In addition, you may have to transfer funds directly from your bank account, as I don't think paypal is a form of transaction for this.

KrakkenSmacken has some good information on foreign transfers directly below this post.

Edited by Sindothyx

Dare to dream.  Never be satisfied with what is.  We're restricted by time and money.  But if we do not dare to dream, we will never improve efficiently when opportunity strikes.

Each feature has its own meta; it's own audience.  Who prefers simplicity versus intricate complexity?  Who does not?  When does it provide meaningful depth to a specific structure or economy?  Is there a way to implement both?  How many characters will they control?  And their options?

This parcel is amazing!  You all really outdid yourselves.

I think it's just about time for us as a community to really drive this investment round home.  Even making mention of it to those whom might be interested in owning some shares in gaming company will help -- just getting the word out there.

For those interested in investing, it can be an intimidating process what with you having to accept seven or so different checkmarks that ask if you understand the process.  In terms of the legals, a good rule of thumb is to not invest more than $2,000 if you don't know what bracket you're in.  This goes for the U.S. investors, at least.  The law only allows us to invest $2,000 or 5% of our income (whichever is greater) in this, unless we meet other qualifications such as making $100k annually and or having 100k in assets (house isn't included in this).  If you think you qualify for either of these, then you should look up the legal documentations to confirm and not take my loose elaboration of the process as the word (I am definitely missing things or maybe even getting something wrong with a brief explanation).  In addition, you may have to transfer funds directly from your bank account, as I don't think paypal is a form of transaction for this.

If you are doing a larger investment, and are using foreign money transfer, watch your transaction for your bank interfering for your "protection".  Large transfers to out of country are a trigger for possible fraud due to the Nigerians, IRS, and other scams.

Let your bank know before trying, so you don't have any bumps in the road.

Woodland Parcel Sale Ends January 15th

1. On Monday, December 19, we will be disabling the ability to add stored credit to your wallet and locking all European digital wallets until the in-game currency can be added to the website

Just pointing out...

Fountain is an item you place in your EK in a building.  It is stationary.

Horn is an item you can carry around with you and use in the field.

You missed the other items on the MicroVentures site.

1. 2017 Early Backer Avatar Frame
  2. 2017 Early Backer Forum Badge
  3. All 2017 Badges and Frames up to Early Backer level

Pretty sure with the backer rewards, investors are considered backers.  If you read all the commentary Q&A on that site, the distinction appears to be "Not all backers are investors, but all investors are backers".

I am not a rep of ACE though, so I could be wrong.

Actually both fountain and horn are "relics", which get placed in a building. The difference is the horn can only be used by the building owner, the fountain can be used by anyone visiting your EK. See here: https://www.crowfall.com/en/news/indiegogo-stretch-goal-announced/

Also the fountain takes up a "large reliquary slot" in the building, and the horn takes up a "small reliquary slot".

Edited by Avloren

So this can not be crafted in game right?

Correct, it cannot be crafted, but it is functionality identical to a normal HAMLET parcel.  Technically, it could be considered a "parcel skin".

Todd

ACE

J Todd Coleman

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct]