Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

New houses for sale - on sale! Official discussion thread

Were you thinking about Battle for Wesnoth?

http://www.wesnoth.org/

I remember trying it once, getting captured on my first move, and being told I was going to be in prison for a week.

Guess how many times I went back.

some of the survival games had an option to capture someone in some way. Ark, H1Z1, Miscreated

but my favorite was Reign of kings, you could catch someone with a rope and if they did not have a way to cut themselves free you could take them home to the stocks, gallows, an iron cage, or several other devices.   but my favorite was when I used the Building blocks to trap 2 people that were apparently friends that were trying to kill me and lock them in the bear pit, I told them if one would kill the other in a battle to the death I would set the victor free and give him the crown!  They refused for about 3.5 hours locked in the pit trying to figure out a way to get at me.  after that time one decided to murder his friend.  I got some recording hardware for Christmas this year because i'm sure some of you will think this is BS.

This is also why Dolmar and WeaponsX refuse to allow me to host a guild meeting in Texas.

still waaaay too expensive from my point of view :(

I have to agree.  These houses seem to be more appropriate for individual players, as oppose to the forts and things that guilds might pool their money for.  Therefore, a more reasonable price for virtual, hobby goods directed at individuals might be in order--perhaps half the current sale price (Cottage: $26 Villa: $48 Manor: $72).

The Artist Formerly Known as Regulus

I have to agree.  These houses seem to be more appropriate for individual players, as oppose to the forts and things that guilds might pool their money for.  Therefore, a more reasonable price for virtual, hobby goods directed at individuals might be in order--perhaps half the current sale price (Cottage: $26 Villa: $48 Manor: $72).

It's also uncertain what value they hold if you already have a lodge / keep / etc within your group.  Surely those can place NPCs and crafting slots? 

The in-game utility of this stuff really should be much more clear before they charge hundreds of dollars for it.

I'm obviously missing something, I was expecting $5-20 at most and even that would be a stretch for a cosmetic item that can only exist in an EK. I'm assuming their current pricing strategy is to just toss a big number out there and see how many suckers will bite.

The price of the Buildings needs to reflect the resources/skills required to build it in-game, cash shop is a convenience for people that don't have that time.

tiPrpwh.png

It's also uncertain what value they hold if you already have a lodge / keep / etc within your group.  Surely those can place NPCs and crafting slots? 

The in-game utility of this stuff really should be much more clear before they charge hundreds of dollars for it.

Thats what I am curious about as well.

If I got already a stronghold, which comes with a main building, what do I need a house for 180 Euro for?

The stronghold main buildings are more for guilds and the houses are more for individual players?

Star Citizen hands out a Q&A whenever they offer something for clearing all such questions, I would like and strongly suggest to handle it here the same way.

Also Star Citizen is way more transparent and communicative about the progression of development and where the game development stands at and where it will go from there. Which are the next steps, where are bigger challenges/difficulties, what was reached since last report.

Crowfall doesnt have any of that.

So what I get/take from that is, that they are taking the cash shop items and just change the dollar sign into a euro sign for Europe.

Thats very bad business practice, you know?

Cash shop stuff is way more expensive that way for european customers.

Star Citizen doesnt do that, they got individual pricing for Europe and USA. Of course! Because thats how you do it.

Really very bad business practices, shame on you.

But I saw that already coming, with great partnership with Travian and marketing crap. A bit of skeptism is always a good advisor.

How a company handles business affairs is always showing their true face, and its as good as never that nice friendly marketing face you get to see from them, its very different, their real one. Greedy and selfish to say the least.

Thats why I decided to better be holding my money back for now.

Crowfall isnt showing any significant kind of progress in development. They stated they dont want to toss things out before they are sure theirselves about the value of items they are offering in the cash shop, but that is not what I am seeing and they are displaying currently.

Parcels are getting offered without ACE giving any significant, or even certain detailed, information about them. Their in-game utility is totally uncertain, what is their value for people already owing other parcels, what are other parcels offering, which are also available in the cash shop for money, what is the difference between them. Its all totally unclear, even for insiders and people trying to inform theirselves.

And they dont even answer questions about this on the forums, maybe because they dont know theirselves (yet).

Generally ACE should have hand out some kind of overview about the whole parcel system or EKs in general, so that you can inform yourself about what they are offering.

But right now you totally arent able to inform yourself about anything, even if you want to.

And from my honest impression, ACE isnt having much clue about the parcel system and EKs as a whole theirselves still.

If they still havent figured it out in general completely, the parcels system and EKs, thats ok, but then they shouldnt offer them, with special offers if you buy now, without being able to give information.

But if they still didnt figure that out, this shows how slow the progression of development has been so far.

Hopefully Todd was right with that 2017 will be their year, because untill now it wasnt so far, Crowfall really needs a big bump into the right direction, and that fast.

Edited by Urahara

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

Wasent there a game where you could lock a player and even if he logged off his character stayed there and if you kept feeding the character it wouldnt die and he would just log in still locked up?

But yeah at that price it would be easier to invest the min 100$ and get that and the other stuff for FREE.

Come on people, how much of subtle reminders do you need? Daddy needs that sculpture.

ARK.

I still enjoy tranqing newbs to servers, dragging their corpses whilst in character (my char name in Hannibal), in the tribe cannibals using the in game voice option to "torment".

It rubs teh lotion on its skin, or else it gets the hose again. *Drops a package of narcoberries for the prisoner*.

My opinion on the current sale, I'm pausing buying more - until they flesh out more of the functionality for the EK's and give us some certain data. When I go into the car dealership, I know upfront what I'm getting for my $$$'s.

Edited by daworf

"Proud" owner of the domains : http://www.crowfall2.com and http://www.guinecean.com

O1jMe2B.jpg

Those of us with castles.

Edit: 10X funnier if i actually replaced plane with castle but im lazy. :(

Edited by Vectious

CfWBSig.png

These houses have lockable doors? We know very little about these housing items and there usability other than just looks . I know the place holder houses in game currently have little designed use other than a box in them atm. Just curious before I spend any money on frivolities.

There aren't any doors or drawbridges on any structure at the moment. I expect that ACE hasn't included a mechanism for opening or closing doors yet.

Some games have players pass through visible, intangible doors. I expect that they will later allow a structure's owner the option of making the door visible to those on the appropriate list (KOS) who are denied access and invisible to anyone with access. Egress should always be allowed for anyone, IMO.

So, to hold a Thrall, you will need a Villa +?

Hope for some cheap buildings 

We will only need a soul gem to hold a thrall when they exist in CF.

We will need a structure or equipped item to use a thrall when they exist in CF.

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

I just sprung for a manor and then, after some reflection, a woodland creek to place it on. But that got me thinking: considering how much they cost, perhaps houses should come with a plot of land, just like forts, keeps and castles. I have a bunch of kickstarter land coming to me, but what of those backers who didn't get in quite so early and therefore don't have some land to place their newly purchased house on?

Edited by thedeadeye

5930347.jpg?48

I just sprung for a manor and then, after some reflection, a woodland creek to place it on. But that got me thinking: considering how much they cost, perhaps houses should come with a plot of land, just like forts, keeps and castles. I have a bunch of kickstarter land coming to me, but what of those backers who didn't get in quite so early and therefore don't have some land to place their newly purchased house on?

Keep in mind your Amber Kickstarter package comes with houses already.  You should have 2 cottages in your backer rewards.

Edit: You should also have a Town parcel in your backer rewards to place them on as well.

Edited by Weebles

Official Moderator of the Unofficial Crowfall Discord!  Come join the discussion @ https://discord.me/crowfall

Yes, I know. I was talking about backers who didn't get any houses or parcels. Someone coming to the store would be a bit put off having to spend $120 for a Villa and then find out they don't have any land to put it on. For that price it should come with a plot.

5930347.jpg?48

Yes, I know. I was talking about backers who didn't get any houses or parcels. Someone coming to the store would be a bit put off having to spend $120 for a Villa and then find out they don't have any land to put it on. For that price it should come with a plot.

From the FAQ, first area is included. 

http://crowfall.com/en/faq/eternal-kingdoms/#2

"Kingdoms, while potentially quite large, are limited in size compared to the campaign worlds. They are also limited in functionality and content. They start with a relatively small amount of land and no buildings. If you want to upgrade them, it will take time and resources to do so."

I suspect it's not an actual "plot" like the ones in the store, but simply the generic flat landscape with no real definition.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

From the FAQ, first area is included. 

http://crowfall.com/en/faq/eternal-kingdoms/#2

"Kingdoms, while potentially quite large, are limited in size compared to the campaign worlds. They are also limited in functionality and content. They start with a relatively small amount of land and no buildings. If you want to upgrade them, it will take time and resources to do so."

I suspect it's not an actual "plot" like the ones in the store, but simply the generic flat landscape with no real definition.

Can you place buildings on any kind of parcel or only on certain types of parcels? It should be certain that you can place a building on a parcel which comes with a stronghold, or like the village parcel. But you can place a building on a resource parcel too?

And why is it that we as Insiders dont know the answer to these questions, but the things are all in the shop for special offer already?

Seems a bit odd to me.

I am fine with the pricing, even if I think its a bit too much for a game like Crowfall. If these prices are fair, will the ingame gameplay have to show anyway.

The houses and parcels, which are for individual players, seem maybe a bit overpriced potentially in my opinion. They are intended for one person, unlike the strongholds, which are for guilds.

But I dont care about these.

I give money on life in general, for things I want to support or I really need.

Same for games.

I give money for games I want to support, because they are worthy to be supported in my opinion.

If a game is fair and fun, and maybe even got lots of potential, which is getting used also, thats when I am spending money on a game.

At the moment Crowfall first got too proof worthy of the support I gave them upfront, before I am going to spend more money on them.

So far I prefer spending money on Star Citizen. Because this will really change something, and got lots and lots of potential, which is getting fully used.

Basically Star Citizen is promising potentially, and actually turning, much more of the money I give to them into something I can appreciate.

Star Citizen would turn like every dollar I give to them into 50 of fun for me, while Crowfall turns them into around 5 at the moment.

Crowfall already lost lots of its potential so far, while Star Citizen is just blazing up to incredibly amaze you soon.

Edited by Urahara

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

Can you place buildings on any kind of parcel or only on certain types of parcels? It should be certain that you can place a building on a parcel which comes with a stronghold, or like the village parcel. But you can place a building on a resource parcel too?

And why is it that we as Insiders dont know the answer to these questions, but the things are all in the shop for special offer already?

Seems a bit odd to me.

I am fine with the pricing, even if I think its a bit too much for a game like Crowfall. If these prices are fair, will the ingame gameplay have to show anyway.

The houses and parcels, which are for individual players, seem maybe a bit overpriced potentially in my opinion. They are intended for one person, unlike the strongholds, which are for guilds.

But I dont care about these.

I give money on life in general, for things I want to support or I really need.

Same for games.

I give money for games I want to support, because they are worthy to be supported in my opinion.

If a game is fair and fun, and maybe even got lots of potential, which is getting used also, thats when I am spending money on a game.

At the moment Crowfall first got too proof worthy of the support I gave them upfront, before I am going to spend more money on them.

So far I prefer spending money on Star Citizen. Because this will really change something, and got lots and lots of potential, which is getting fully used.

Basically Star Citizen is promising potentially, and actually turning, much more of the money I give to them into something I can appreciate.

Star Citizen would turn like every dollar I give to them into 50 of fun for me, while Crowfall turns them into around 5 at the moment.

Crowfall already lost lots of its potential so far, while Star Citizen is just blazing up to incredibly amaze you soon.

For more information on parcels and building watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2P2GFP_39qU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RT90Vb5m7o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpCoVFIk8vE

Your specific answers may be in those.

I happen to love SC as well, and all the potential it has, but I also see that they spend piles of money on events and big show hype that these guys arn't (yet).

Also, from the webinar yesterday on the funding raise going on, they were very clear that EVERY dollar raised from the backers is going directly into development, and Gordons Murder of Crows series shows he is willing to walk away from a major project if it clashes with his morals.

So I seriously doubt that these guys would even contemplate selling things that are further gated by other requirements, without a huge disclaimer warning to that effect.

It's just not the way they do business.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

Also, the Keep Greathall is extremely underpriced. At $110, it's a steal compared to a mere Villa. For ten dollars less, you get this huge(!) stone greathall. Is there any functional difference between a Greathall and any other house? Can I not place crafting tables or Thralls in my Greathall? From the sheer size of it, I'd imagine it would hold much more than any of the houses. I know it would look ridiculous to see a Greathall plopped down in the woods without any of the other walls, but if it worked like any other house, was cheaper, and gave them more crafting/thralls spots, then why wouldn't people do it?

5930347.jpg?48