Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Crafting bugs / items dissapearing

Slak

Hi,

seeing i cant post on the test forum, I'm going to do it here.

I've again encountered the bug where crafted materials dissapear. It was reported before this test, but still seems happening in this version.

I encountered 2 versions of the bug:

- Bow Stave limb dissapeared when 'taking' it after crafting it (so didnt go to inventory )

- Bow Stave limb dissapeared when putting it in the assembly window for a recurve bow and then exiting the window. I had 2 limbs in the assembly window, went out of the window, when i reopened inventory, only 1/2 was there.

Edit: just happened with a plank too.

This is quite annoying, considering the amount of time/resources you put into crafting each part, potions etc.

Hope you are able to identify the source of this bug!

Biggest loss was the Blue Plate Chest Armor that had 25% sheen bonus and 45% durability. Created and did not transfer to inventory and nearly caused me to bang my head on the desk.

This is "supposed" to be a known bug. I heard yesterday that it would be addressed in the next large update that is supposed to be a rework of the inventory system.  Last night I lost 30% of the crafted tools and 20% of crafted parts for Book of Sin. Rather a pain... OK its a SERIOUSLY PAINFUL problem. 

this happened to me multiple times.  first crafting a bow last weekend.  took forever to gather and assemble pieces just to have items go missing then ultimately failing at the final product.  second was crafting a book of sin.   4 or 5 transfer bugs along with 5 or 6 failures.  rather frustrating if you ask me.
what hurts even more is once you have the item you wanted crafted it takes so much durability loss on death that it isnt even worth my time to craft anything other than basic gear as i learn the skills and such.   i know they aware that this exists and will fix it soon so i'll just sit patiently with basic gear until then as im done with crafting until that day

Did some testing and it seems that the bug may be related to experimenting. If i experimwnt sinfle

Points at a time i almost 1/2 got the bug. If i experiment all points at once, i got the items and no bug.

My sample size is offcourse poorly made socks; only used 12 planks to tedt it. But with full point experimentation; no bug.

they are rewriting the code for the inventory if im not misinformed...

sucks but welp, items are nothing to get attached to anyways (yet)

6XZoThV.jpg

they are rewriting the code for the inventory if im not misinformed...

sucks but welp, items are nothing to get attached to anyways (yet)

They have also described how frustrated they are with this bug.  

Assigning a dedicated several guys for 3 weeks or more to re-write an entire system is not something a dev studio does lightly.

EDITED text

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

Here's hoping for a fix next week. See quote from the testing news & announcement forums. 

Hey Crows,

There are a few things I'd like to touch on before this weekend's playtest.

BUGS: A BALANCING ACT

First and foremost, ACE thanks you for your diligent bug reporting over the course of the last few tests. Know that we read every single post in those threads and ensure that every issue is logged in our database. We do our best to squash the worst of them every week, but with our limited staff size we have to find a healthy balance between creating new content and playing exterminator. Those of you who are Crowfall veterans know the drill, but newer players might find this frustrating. We promise we're not ignoring you. Bugs are simply an unfortunate reality of the pre-alpha testing experience.

Additionally, with the recent spike in active players, it is imperative that those bug threads follow the forum guidelines and stay on-topic. When they don't, it ends up as more work for us-- and we have enough on our plates already. They are not intended for discussions of game mechanics or design. If a bug does spark a design discussion, please create a topic in the appropriate thread (such as General Discussion or the Suggestion Box). We are going to start enforcing this rigorously. You have been warned.

For those of you reporting the appropriately nicknamed "Take Bug" (where you craft an item, hit Take and the item disappears), we feel your pain. We hate it, too. We want it fixed. The Take Bug made it readily apparent that our previous system for handling inventory items was not strong enough to stand on moving forward, so our engineers have spent the last few weeks rebuilding it from the ground up. We are in the process of testing it internally. We are fairly confident it will get rid of the Take Bug, but as is always the case, there are going to be plenty of new bugs with the system we'll need to address.

We are hoping to roll out this system on January 13th for public testing. Stay tuned.

CLEAN SLATES

I want to give you a fair warning about some upcoming wipes. Some nasty dupe bugs reared their ugly heads in one of our recent tests. This is a natural part of MMO development, but when it does happen, we have to purge the economy and start fresh. As Pann mentioned in the testing thread, your items have been cleared for this weekend's test. We know this is painful, but you should also get used to it. We'll be rolling out several big changes over the next few weeks and wipes will be a necessary part of the process. 

We appreciate your patience as the game continues to take form. Lots of cool content on the horizon-- stick with us. 

Edited by Rhast

I was having this issue also but I believe I figured out a solution.  After crafting an item instead of "taking it" drag it to your inventory.  When dropping things into the inventory it will show up as black or have a blue background for your item.  If you drop it when the background of the item is blue, will show up in your inventory but not necessary where you dropped it.  

Interesting. Some others have tried the drag/drop method and still report failures. Will give it a go and look for background color. 

Really kind of sad that the fix didn't make it into this weekend's playtest. Still holding out hope that the next big update does address it as promised.

Edited by Rhast

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, 

I'm also encountering a similar bug. Only on Sorrow, when I put wood into the crafting utility, it doesn't assemble the item. Instead, it does the animation and resets the process.

I am having the same problem. It started last night and i am unable to craft anything now - Animates and then returns with only the assemble button.