Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
facerip

Why is the FAQ not accurate to your new healing approach?

7. WHY DE-EMPHASIZE COMBAT HEALING?

In more traditional MMO’s, combat healing adds a multiplier to each combatant’s effective hit points. A group’s guardian isn’t just managing one health bar, his “effective” health pool is equal to his personal health bar multiplied by their support healers’ mana-driven powers.

This makes a lot of sense for games that focus around player-versus environment combat where the monsters have thousands of hit points, especially raids. It makes less sense in a game focused on skill-based player-versus-player combat. Since Crowfall doesn’t have PvE raiding we don’t really need super powerful healing.

8. YOU DON'T HAVE HEALER? THAT'S WHAT I PLAY!Our intent is for the support archetypes to have key buffs, debuffs and physics related powers at a cost of damage or defensive capability. That isn't to say there won't be healing. There will be options with archetypes and disciplines to pick up healing powers. We just didn't want to make the traditional firehose style healer that most "trinity" combat systems use.

Like most attacks in Crowfall, healing requires the caster to aim and properly land heals. There are a variety of different methods of healing targeting such as reticle target, projectiles, ground targeting, trap style and reactive

http://crowfall.com/en/faq/combat/#6

Is tblair just unaware this was a major selling point for the game.  Legionnaire healing completely goes against this.  They neither need to be in combat or aim their heals really.  Is this likely to change or are we going to see them as the standard group item forever?  There is no way, a single healer should be able to keep up against 3 of the highest DPS classed when focused.  It's not good game play or mechanics, it's just ramped to far up.

I don't understand how the development choice was made to let them have 6 that gives auto rage, an AOE invuln super heal, and a wild straight up self/target heal.

I can see where the druid falls into line with this  sort of vision, but the legionnaire is currently a giant water bucket.

Not sure if concerned about balance or mad his team of raycast DPS can't kill everyone with impunity.

This has nothing to do with the latter.  It has everything to do with how the actual class is currently working.  Thanks for the attempt at participation though.

Edited by facerip

Not sure if concerned about balance or mad his team of raycast DPS can't kill everyone with impunity.

This has nothing to do with the latter.  It has everything to do with how the actual class is currently working.  Thanks for the attempt at participation though.

participation-trophies.jpg

Here you go, Moneda!  Thanks for the constructive feedback to an obvious problem with Legionnaires.

Edited by nightwolfz

Our group has also had major concerns with this. When we took a break and kept up to date via videos, it was just absurd viewing health bars flow upward despite incoming damage pressure. In our more practical experience it's less firehose healing and more "waterfall" healing from our (admittedly sparser than some here) experiences. At least there was some form of targeting and timing with other MMO firehose healing systems.

Edited by taroskin

Crazy Talk co-co-co-gl

Guardians of Moonforest fangirl

participation-trophies.jpg

Here you go, Moneda!  Thanks for the constructive feedback to an obvious problem with Legionnaires.

I actually thought it was constructive, considering (1) past threads on this very subject, (2) the poster of the thread and (3) the fact it reads as if a healer being able to keep 1 person alive in a fight is an issue... which it hasn't been, really, considering how many people constantly die in group fights full of Legionnaires.

Hi, I'm moneda.

s1tKI24.png

I actually thought it was constructive, considering (1) past threads on this very subject, (2) the poster of the thread and (3) the fact it reads as if a healer being able to keep 1 person alive in a fight is an issue... which it hasn't been, really, considering how many people constantly die in group fights full of Legionnaires.

The issue is the mechanics of the AT don't align with how they've described the game.  It is exactly the opposite of their "idea" of healing abilities.

Edited by facerip

FAQ's haven't been updated in forever and they haven't made it a priority to keep them updated because things are changing often. 

It's not about the FAQ.  What made them lose their vision of combat healing.  The direction it is going now just says it's going to be like every other spam healing system out there.

It's not about the FAQ.  What made them lose their vision of combat healing.  The direction it is going now just says it's going to be like every other spam healing system out there.

They should add true friendly fire/enemy healing.  Then positioning will matter and legios will risk healing enemies.

Edited by VIKINGNAIL

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

hell i love firehose healing / trinity stuff but thing lego is pretty lame.  No targeting / aiming at all, just big point blank aoe heal spells.  Really not digging the design at all,  I like druids healing methods a lot more personally (though overall that class also still feels very awkward especially killing anything by itself). 

i know its early in combat design just my 2c

Legio is pretty damn close to a firehose healer, but they if they ever get nerfed I hope damage gets re-evaluated as well. I kinda think the game NEEDs a reliable sustained healer that an keep people alive under focus fire.

Perhaps, as long as it's not with huge self healing like it is now.

Hmm? What?, oh, you just realized their claims are mostly hog wash. Quite unfortunate really.

None of their archetypes are adequate, they'll be retooling the whole thing from scratch at some point, or suffer. No point fretting, they're long past the point of reason.

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

Except that druid is the most recent support and the druid needs to aim heals, and healing output is limited by essence build-up.  So not sure how that is them moving away from their vision of healing.  I agree that Legio needs to be adjusted, but so does Knight, and we still need the rest of the archetypes to be released, as well as promotions.  

Except that druid is the most recent support and the druid needs to aim heals, and healing output is limited by essence build-up. So not sure how that is them moving away from their vision of healing. I agree that Legio needs to be adjusted, but so does Knight, and we still need the rest of the archetypes to be released, as well as promotions.

Getting creative with resources doesn't determine whether healing is abundant in combat. It's determined by... being in combat... and abundance.

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

Getting creative with resources doesn't determine whether healing is abundant in combat. It's determined by... being in combat... and abundance.

Im sure only the devs really know what they meant with "no firehose healing".  Personally i love healing and am glad to see it appears heal / support focus will be roles in game, but to me that quote meant "we dont want 50 healers channeling heals 24/7 into one guy while 50 people beat on him and ultimately nothing happens".  I feel like lego kind of creates this situation now (obviously on much smaller scale of combat) due to just how powerful and easily applicable their heals are.  I personally dont think point blank aoe heals are good for this type of game unless they come with some kind of negative to keep in mind when using them.  They really strengthen zergs due to how it just promotes sticking together in a big group to stay alive.

Personally i like the druid design a lot more right now, though its still clunky and the ability to store massive quantities of heal balls for later use should probably be a little more restricted.