Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Training & Crafting Potions

Arkade

I'm in the process of testing the effects of training and potions on crafting statistics.

With my current training, I have basic crafting experimentation points of 10, and 8 in Blacksmithing, Leatherworking, Runemaking, Woodworking, Necromancy and Alchemy. All other crafting professions (Stonemasonry, Enchanting and Jewelcrafting) are set to 0 points, probably because they aren't implemented yet. My training gives me 2 points in basic crafting and none in the others, so I'm guessing the baseline, at least for testing, is set to 8 points. 

I made a crafting experimentation points potion and drank it. My basic crafting points went up to 14. The ones that were previously 8 went to 8.8 and the ones that were 0 went to 0.8.

I'm still in the process of training to get Blacksmithing, but I believe that when I train in the Blacksmithing Craftsmanship skill, my Blacksmithing points will go up even more, allowing me to do more with higher quality resources. It will be roughly 10 more days before I can begin training the Blacksmithing Craftsmanship skill in the Blacksmithing tree. If anyone is closer than that, maybe they can test it. Otherwise, I will test it when I get there.

I have some skills in Blacksmithing leveled. 9 experimentation points atm. What do you want to test? :)

That's really all I needed. There was some concern that experimentation points capped at 8, which would mean that rare, epic and legendary items would be no better than uncommon items. I just wanted to prove that training into the advanced trees would provide more than 8 experimentation points.

That's really all I needed. There was some concern that experimentation points capped at 8, which would mean that rare, epic and legendary items would be no better than uncommon items. I just wanted to prove that training into the advanced trees would provide more than 8 experimentation points.

There is an Assembly(combine) stage bonus for the quality level. This ensures 2 people with 0 points, the quality of the higher item is still better. It's just not very apparent right now, will get tweaks in next big update.

Uncommon items cap at far fewer points per line (4) to spend than epic (8) or legendary (10) . There is an off chance you can bomb an experiment and make an epic worse than an uncommon.

8 is an arbitrary number I picked when setting up the data, somewhere between 10-12 with all the skills, group leader buffs, bespin port, etc. is probably where we will end up.

Thomas Blair
ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.
Follow us on Twitter 
@CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

There is an Assembly(combine) stage bonus for the quality level. This ensures 2 people with 0 points, the quality of the higher item is still better. It's just not very apparent right now, will get tweaks in next big update.

I tested this intentionally. Didn't notice any difference. But it was some time ago.

Uncommon items cap at far fewer points per line (4) to spend than epic (8) or legendary (10) . There is an off chance you can bomb an experiment and make an epic worse than an uncommon.

8 is an arbitrary number I picked when setting up the data, somewhere between 10-12 with all the skills, group leader buffs, bespin port, etc. is probably where we will end up.

Thanks for the update. 

Does anyone have screenshots of plate or leather armor that they have crafted? I'm interested in seeing the mitigation numbers. I've been working only with mail so far. I'm going to start working on leather in the next test on my 2nd account (where I am training in leather), but I'd like the see the numbers if people have them.

I'm particularly interested in bleed mitigation. According to the last armor chart we got, mail armor is supposed to have "some" bleed mitigation while plate and leather are both "strong" against bleeds. Apparently "some" is a very low amount and I'm wondering how much "strong" is. 

Bleeds seem to be the best form of damage in the game, currently. I thought there was one or two skills that increased bleed mitigation, but I'm not seeing any. Bleeds ignore Block. The base damage of the attack will only hit for 90%, but the bleed will hit in full. 

Great info.  Thank you.