Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Problem With Action Combat And Mmo Addiction, For Ppl With Gaming Injuries

wizbuiz

http://www.globalhealthandfitness.com/me/Pageone.htm The explanation.

Do you have Mouse Elbow?  Does your arm or elbow hurt and you don’t knowwhy?   You may have a Repetitive Stress Injury (RSI) caused by using yourcomputer mouse... or Mouse Elbow!

Tennis elbow, which is very similar to Mouse Elbow, is an overuse syndrome caused by continued stress on the grasping muscles and supination muscles. The technical name for tennis elbow is "lateral epicondylitis". This term indicates an inflammation occurring near a small point of your upper arm bone (humerus) just above your elbow joint on the outer side of your arm.  Pain can also occur in other areas of your forearm and elbow, and with continued stress, the muscles and tendons may hurt even at rest. 

Worst is the Medial Epicondylitis (opposite side of tennis elbow, the inner side) i got that one from playing Diablo3, + daily chinnup routines, all that clicking! custard me, took me 1 year to heal the golfers elbow, just to get it on the other elbow, from again, to much gaming ( mass keyboard clicking ) One could argue, but play less? Indeed, but that's not a solution for us gamers. So heres some things that helped me overcome it without quitting gaming

Dont spam you'r keys, you wont throw any faster than the global cooldown lets you. Below some links to fix ur problem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KQjC44u6Xc Stretch excercises medial epicondylitis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3dgMpv_SyY stretch with scrapping

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DR9fAQuOK8 RSI finger injuries.

Eat loads of curcumin, omega-3 fishoils, ginger, and other anit-inflammation herbs and oils,

if its really severe, prednisone is highly effective, but comes with a temporary cost of nasty side effects

Ive been training Thaiboxing and MMA for years, never had those injuries from any training session or fight, hell, i even think it keep most of the injuries at bay from my excessive 5-7hours gaming daily, as i broke down injuried tissue and repaired it with new, as training gives u a better blood flow, anyways, not a doctor, but i give advice on my personal experience, you need stretch, eat anti-inflammatory remedies, and give rest to ur fingers, and perhaps massage it, but sometimes u can make it worse, if u dont massage it proberly, so make sure to understand how to massage it.

Tip of the day! Ceya! Ohh yeah, another common disease amongst gamers IBD, and chrohns diseases, tip? Dont eat suggar, and eat 10billion of good bacterias evceryday ( + eat after ur blood type )

hope it could help.

I feel like I should report this post for trolling but I dont want another warning point for trolling. So confused right now.

does your warning point actually state "Trolling" as a reason? :D

does your warning point actually state "Trolling" as a reason? :D

Oh balls. You wouldn't want a warning point for that. Imagine getting a warning point for saying balls though lol that'd be funny.

#CrowFallBata

~Sweet Sensations~

puppy punch Count: 28

This should definitely be in Off Topic but I don't find it trolling.  What if the OP just wanted to share information about this type of injury?  It seems genuinely posted.  And even if you didn't get the injury from gaming specifically, gaming an exacerbate an already existing injury like carpal tunnel syndrome. 

Between dreams and reality.

Lantern Watch

I feel like the OP is going to announce that Old Timer's Guild will be playing this game at the end of the thread.....

Cannibal Man - Future serial killer

I can't even.  You win, I am done with this part of the discussion.

Should have been in off-topic, indeed, but man, just some helpfull information to perhaps prevent it, but do belive me, once u get the injury, it will drive you to the point of insanity.

F me. When u try to give out advice, theres alwayes the ungrateful people, who wouldent stop at anything to throw up at you when they can, u know, all that negativity inside u, will curl up one day, and maybe one day, you will call it cancer, negativity feeds cancer.

Breath in... Breath ouuut.

The primary attack with action combat needs to have a toggle, so that you don't just have to spam it over and over. This would greatly reduce the problem for people with injuries.

"Its better to look ugly and win, than pretty and lose."

Are you saying I am going to get cancer from my abrasive posting?

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

hahahahahahahahaha

? Being old, doesnt mean u suck mate, quite usually frankly the opposite, link me ur PVP videos over the decades of ur 1337 skills, cause this is what this game comes down to, skills mate.

Sadly i only found 1 of my videos, wich is from a SWTOR a test vid pvp/warzone over 350k, even had 500ks up to 700, and thats 3 years ago, first rank 70 on the server when the game almost got released, most are deleted, got my wow vids on a harddisk, i might upload them too, just to make u feel sad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bw8ssKLwhTI 

my people are in their mid 30's now, yeah we are the oldschool ppl, who knows how to do tactical mmorpg warware, from various pvp games and we will custard run you over, and make u cryout for nerfs and balance, the same old the same old, and i just tag along, whatever the dervs decide to nerf... Game on ;)

Are you on SS Disability for carpal tunnel and tennis elbow after your years of leetness?

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

? Being old, doesnt mean u suck mate, quite usually frankly the opposite, link me ur PVP videos over the decades of ur 1337 skills, cause this is what this game comes down to, skills mate.

Sadly i only found 1 of my videos, wich is from a SWTOR a test vid pvp/warzone over 350k, even had 500ks up to 700, and thats 3 years ago, first rank 70 on the server when the game almost got released, most are deleted, got my wow vids on a harddisk, i might upload them too, just to make u feel sad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bw8ssKLwhTI 

my people are in their mid 30's now, yeah we are the oldschool ppl, who knows how to do tactical mmorpg warware, from various pvp games and we will ****ing run you over, and make u cryout for nerfs and balance, the same old the same old, and i just tag along, whatever the dervs decide to nerf... Game on ;)

Old Timer's Guild is an actual guild... just fyi

no need to get all worked up. I'm sure the average age on this forum here is higher than you'd expect

Are you on SS Disability for carpal tunnel and tennis elbow after your years of leetness?

Nah, man, i did what most gamers dont, work out all the time, once u quit A game wich u eventually do ( ppl forget this in their 10hours daily grind ) most ppl are left with nothing,  but a worn out body, skinny arms, and skin that looks like its been in the water for decades. I aint talking about the casual gamer, im talking about somebody like me, who did play UO and EQ 7-8hours daily, WoW up to 10hours sometimes, but managed the 1½-2hours workout with hard cardio and proper food, just to keep going, it was addiction indeed, i admit that, and to quit it, its a custard mental struggle, like a big gab u need to fillout, no training in the world does that, cause i think mmorpgs, gives more than just amusement, sometimes it gives solitude in world full of people, a mental chill.

For the record, Crohn's Disease is a genetic autoimmune disorder. Gaming and poor diet cannot cause it. That is all.

Nah its not, they speculate wether its genetic, but in the end we are all genetical bound, IF u have it, u should read about SCD diet, and how to reflux ur acid lvls and intestine FLORA system, ive studied this for years BTW. ppl are getting feces transplants to reestablish the gut flora, 70% of ur immunesystem resides in ur gut, even mental problems can be caused by yeast/candida/fungus overgrowth in ur intestines.

Edited by wizbuiz