Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
coolwaters

What does increasing one's mass do?

Do you just not fly as far from physics? Take ... more fall damage? Move other characters out of your way when you move forward? Take less damage from physical effects?

It is supposed to make you move less distance from physics and also less able to be moved by other people and more able to move others yourself as far as I know.

They never mentioned fall damage or any damage reduction from it. That all could have changed though as that is old info.

C4sIZDW.gif

Currently, I don't think it does anything. I used to be able to push people around as a knight back in Hunger Dome, before they change movement to client side. I don't know if they intend to add it back in, or if they have abandoned the idea. It would be nice if abilities like Pursuit could push people.

Currently, I don't think it does anything. I used to be able to push people around as a knight back in Hunger Dome, before they change movement to client side. I don't know if they intend to add it back in, or if they have abandoned the idea. It would be nice if abilities like Pursuit could push people.

It works. Evidence is the Knight RMB. If you are a confessor and try to use either 2 chain (Throw or Tornadoes) the Knight won't really move. I think Mass only effects physics and doesn't relate to dmg, could be wrong.

It works. Evidence is the Knight RMB. If you are a confessor and try to use either 2 chain (Throw or Tornadoes) the Knight won't really move. I think Mass only effects physics and doesn't relate to dmg, could be wrong.

Is that because the knight increases his mass, or because Block simply blocks the physics impulse?

In earlier tests, I was able to push other players around simply by moving into them. At other times, I was able to push them via charging into them (Knight's #1 ability). That isn't the case any more. 

Is that because the knight increases his mass, or because Block simply blocks the physics impulse?

In earlier tests, I was able to push other players around simply by moving into them. At other times, I was able to push them via charging into them (Knight's #1 ability). That isn't the case any more. 

I assumed it was the mass that caused this, not the block. I mean you still take dmg while blocking so its not like blocking ignores the ability. Can't really confirm your question though.