Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Please Reduce Cool-down on Champion Leap Ability

blackboa

Hello Crowfall Community!

Hope everyone is well and having a happy new year.  This is my first post on this forum.  I have been a backer of the game for a few months now but only recently have started to play and stream the game more regularly.  My first archetype that I have chosen is the Champion and I absolutely love him.  However, as I begin to get use to his skills and abilities more and more, I am noticing a severe lack of mobility in the Champion Archetype which is most easily seen when he attempts to fight a Confessor.

The confessor seems to be able to kite the Champion so well because the champion cannot close the gap.  The Champions biggest gap closer is the leap ability, but that ability currently has a 30 second cool-down.  Once you burn that ability, your only other option is the right mouse button ability which unfortunately make it impossible to catch a confessor and stand a chance at an even fight.

I believe this can easily be fixed with a simple buff to the Champion by lowering the 30 second cool-down on the leap ability to 15 seconds instead, or somewhere within that region.  As a newer player I know that I may not have the keenest eye on the balancing issues within the pre-alpha build as some other players may have, but I look forward to hearing your thoughts on giving the Champion some love by lowering the cool-down on the leap.

If other champions are having success at killing confessors, I would love to learn how to do it...because I am getting my ass handed to me.

Kind Regards,

Blackboa

Edited by blackboa

I think his leap is a start of a long list of issues with him.

He has a crap snare thats easily to remove (horse), hard to land, slow moving projectile. 

No stuns. 

No roots.

One 45 second cooldown knockdown that takes control of his animation.

And then his only gap closing ability flings him in to space, with the option for a second fling on a huge cooldown.

And ZERO survivability.

Like, he is the perfect target to attack. He is slow, clunky, low hp and has a crappy C ability, and his only getaway is janky at best with a huge cooldown. Perfect to target to force a C to blow his own ability to try and make him live for 2 more seconds.

You could triple his damage and he would still be a joke to use. 

CfWBSig.png

He has a crap snare thats easily to remove (horse), hard to land, slow moving projectile. 

No stuns. 

No roots.

One 45 second cooldown knockdown that takes control of his animation.

And then his only gap closing ability flings him in to space, with the option for a second fling on a huge cooldown.

And ZERO survivability.

Like, he is the perfect target to attack. He is slow, clunky, low hp and has a crappy C ability, and his only getaway is janky at best with a huge cooldown. Perfect to target to force a C to blow his own ability to try and make him live for 2 more seconds.

But if you buff him, the Fessors wont have easy targets anymore! 

my feedback from a few tests ago where i played him exclusively for an evening

champion:

champion plays like complete arse. i played him all friday night. it was terrible.

clunky and pointless. kitied, bled and rooted to death.

[since he was introduced the amount of damage over time powers in the game has skyrocketed which decimates his hateful regen passive survival]

cannot even hit people with his powers, even if he has the rage or range/mobility to do so (which you won't), they are the most clunky thing ever.

his only two decent abiliies are on 20 second cooldowns but gated by a shared 10 second cooldown (with slowest and most obvious animation and poor range ever).

[since damage split removal] all his CC now only hits one target - in 5 meter melee range.

rend has the worse root motion ever and can barely hit anything and will only apply the bleed to one target now. severe bleeds also are really not as good as stacking moderate ones.

range and animation on the C [and the damage compared to myrm] are laughable

#6 is pointless, even the short immunity of limited use

he has the lowest base movespeed in the game (only archetype with minus speed)

he then needs to stay in combat mode as his only way to get rage on top of that

the double cooldown increase on leap was silly [for his mobility survival AND rage generation]

#6 makes your screen shake [only useful as a brief invuln. the damage is laughable. even the invuln versus the animation time is not too handy]

while playing the champion i often find myself rooted and unable to move or use my powers correctly...

Edited by Tinnis

No stuns. 

No roots.

That's the core of the problem.   Poor CC.

True, and you can increase his gap closer and it's still true.   But if you increase the CC, danger.  Champions can group, and his raw DPS isn't horrible.

poor CC is the story of the game overall atm. Too much running around freely even more so for the fessor.

I don't want to kill more rats, fill another experience point bar or collect another meaningless badge. I want to play a GAME against PLAYERS, where my actions, my decisions and my SKILL will determine if I win or lose. Allies. Enemies. Alliances. Betrayal. risk. Conquest. To compete with THOUSANDS of other players for a chance to claim the THRONE. Even if i lose, the experience won't feel hollow. I don't want another worthless trophy.

PLAY TO CRUSH