Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Crowfall Discord 2017 Update!

Keaggan

Hello Crows! 

In 2016 we saw a lot of improvements and growth for Crowfall Discord. We reached are over 1000 members strong! I thought that would have taken a lot longer to reach but each of you have made this a fantastic community. Some special thanks go to our Guild Leaders for helping to build a foundation, our hard working Moderator & Apprentice team for keeping the chat positive, and to Scree for busting his butt on coding the CrowfallBot and other behind the scenes work!

In 2017 there will be some updates and refinements to this discord. Crowfall will be stepping into a new phase and I want us to be ready for this increased activity. This means some things will become a little more formal and structured along with some new tools and resources. 

The first change (and my personal favorite) is our NEW LOGO.

E5u69GJ.png

Now let's take a look at what some of the other changes are:

• MODERATORS: We are dropping the Apprentice role and will only have Moderators. The idea was to have some staff role that could be used to train new members to become full time Mods. It never felt like it really worked and just added more confusion than help. To that end though we will also be looking to increase the number of Mods we have to support the growing activity.

Requirements for consideration are active members that want to help new ones and promote a strong positive community. Potential new staffers need to be recommended by at least THREE staff members and Admin for final approval. Admins still need two other staffers to recommend someone. Being a community driven discord no more than TWO members of the same guild may become staff.

• RULES UPDATE: Some clarity was added to the house rules. All of the rules were created with help and feedback from the community.

• RESOURCE CHANNEL: We've added a resource channel as an easy central location for informative and essential links. For example the Crowfall client, Crowfall Reddit, Tinnis' Wiki, and Crowfall Support email. This will be an ongoing project and see many revisions. Our goal is to only link the best sites that or geared toward helping the community. If a site is neglected or someone has a better resource we will replace the link.

• MORE EVENTS: We have several events planned for 2017 including another GUILD FAIR! Details on each one will come out as the year moves forward.

Before I wrap this up we have one last bit of acknowledgment goes out to Pann for being such a pleasant addition to this growing community  :D 

I thank you all personally for making 2016 a great year for Crowfall Discord!

-Keaggan

Leave it to Keaggan to forget such an obvious item. :P just kidding.

@ecce: https://discord.gg/ESr5KPj

On a side note, its pretty cool having a mostly productive group of fans. I know its likely short lived as more and more people join it, but their are frequently great discussions going on about all sorts of random Crowfall topics. If you like to talk about Crowfall or have questions about the game, this is the place to join.

Edited by scree

I wonder if the website will let me post again...Did I build the wrong shrine? Join the wrong faction? Siege the wrong temple?

I'd love to join. Could you post a link?

Sorry I haven't been able to reply/edit/post for weeks now :(

Leave it to Keaggan to forget such an obvious item. :P just kidding.

@ecce: https://discord.gg/ESr5KPj

On a side note, its pretty cool having a mostly productive group of fans. I know its likely short lived as more and more people join it, but their are frequently great discussions going on about all sorts of random Crowfall topics. If you like to talk about Crowfall or have questions about the game, this is the place to join.

Thank you for step up while I was in exile!

Great work guys. I am excited for more community events.

The recent survey looks like people are interested for more as well. Guess we need to get to it then!