Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

FEEDBACK for Fri, January 13 – Mon, January 16

When the session has ended, please use this forum to share your feedback about the playtest. If you encountered a bug, technical problem or other anomaly, please post about it in the testing bug forum. Anyone with access to this phase of testing may participate in any playtest session, on any server.

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community

Performance seems smoother in terms of FPS.  Haven't had much of a chance to test it in PvP because I'm stuck in crafting hell.  

Crafted a potion with a success rating of 75%.  Failed three times in a row.  Ok.  Whatever.  I then fail, repeatedly, when I have a 95% chance of success.  Takes me 20-something ore to make three potions.  Then I take bug after getting my crafting pots up.  Then game crashes.  I log back in, and I can't craft anything.  I restart again.  Still cannot craft anything...  I get stuck at the combine menu.  Reboot computer.  Still cannot craft anything.  Log in a different character... okay, that clears it.  I start crafting again, 15 minutes later I crash (and again lose all my crafting pots) and come back.  I click my ore to add one to a crafting potion.  All three vanish.  I then click another ore, and all of those vanish as well.  I switch recipes and all of the ore reappears in my inventory.  I feel like I'm playing a shell game with my inventory.

And, you should seriously remove the success ratings from your tooltips because they are completely out of whack with reality.  Edit:  Or change them to say, "75% chance of success 10% of the time."  That seems more appropriate.

Edited by Nohmad

Performance seems smoother in terms of FPS.  Haven't had much of a chance to test it in PvP because I'm stuck in crafting hell.  

Crafted a potion with a success rating of 75%.  Failed three times in a row.  Ok.  Whatever.  I then fail, repeatedly, when I have a 95% chance of success.  Takes me 20-something ore to make three potions.  Then I take bug after getting my crafting pots up.  Then game crashes.  I log back in, and I can't craft anything.  I restart again.  Still cannot craft anything...  I get stuck at the combine menu.  Reboot computer.  Still cannot craft anything.  Log in a different character... okay, that clears it.  I start crafting again, 15 minutes later I crash (and again lose all my crafting pots) and come back.  I click my ore to add one to a crafting potion.  All three vanish.  I then click another ore, and all of those vanish as well.  I switch recipes and all of the ore reappears in my inventory.  I feel like I'm playing a shell game with my inventory.

And, you should seriously remove the success ratings from your tooltips because they are completely out of whack with reality.  Edit:  Or change them to say, "75% chance of success 10% of the time."  That seems more appropriate.

You do know that making potions is crafting, right? What do we all make, and drink, before we craft? You only need assembly potion, gets it up to 95%.

I decided to make Basic, Leather, Mail and Plate boots to compare the stats. Each of the advanced boots were crafted using gray resources and zero experimentation.

CFCraftingBoots_zps1dk6muy9.png

From these images, we can see that each advanced armor type has exactly the same amount of mitigation, just distributed differently. Given that, why do mail and plate have penalties while leather gets a bonus to sprint efficiency? 

Why would anyone wear plate? It has the same penalties as basic armor and only half the mitigation. Yes, I can increase the mitigation by using higher quality resources and experimentation, but even with purple resources, I will be hard pressed to match the mitigation numbers on the basic armor. An extra 2.5% damage doesn't cut it because I can get that on any other armor other than basic while getting less penalties. I can wear mail and get my physical mitigation numbers just as high.

Armor needs to be re-balanced. If the intention is for each armor to be better against different damage types, then take out the penalties. Otherwise plate should offer more mitigation than mail, and mail more mitigation than leather. 

The current implementation doesn't match the chart we were given in the armor update:

LargeTable-2.jpg

There is currently no way to mitigate bleed damage. Even Block is useless against bleeds.

I just started combat testing so I do not know if this is new or not. When using the Ranger and drawing my daggers I can no longer run backwards.

Lf6MJUL.png

Elas - Prospect "A crafting I will go,,,"

Here is what I have for this week:

• We need a message at the start of each playtest period listing exactly what you want us to test for you.  This feels like we aren't actually playtesting, rather this is designed to allow people to pay to play early.   A whole lot of us are actually here to help make this game better.....crazy idea, I know!
  • I'm a PvP player.  I don't mind ganking others or getting ganked when in on PvP server or in a PvP area.  With that said, this is Pre Alpha testing and it's difficult to test the crafting when you are getting ganked by groups that don't care if you can even defend yourself.   This is your risk normally in a LIVE game...but this is Pre Alpha.  If you want me to test PvP, I'll have at it.  If you want me to test Crafting...you need to create an environment with plentiful resources and no interruptions.  Anything else is a waste of time.
  • Crafting in general is extremely boring right now.  Way too many things to click to advance an item along.  It takes waaay too long to get items.   Cut down a HUGE tree and even with potions to help the outcome it's a dismal reward for the time spent.
  • The micro managing of every little thing is tedious.  Is this a PvP focused game or something else?  If "feels" like it wants to be a type of semi survival/crafting/PvP/something game.   No identity right now, it "feels" like you are trying to cater to two completely different types of players and for me.....it's not working.   I don't have either side represented enough and both sides are extremely lacking.  Yes, it's Pre Alpha, but the direction and focus right now just seems all over the place.

For now I'm going to take another break from this.....just not really involving to play/test and it feels as if we aren't part of helping to develop anything at all.

After playing around for about two hours, I was kinda bored and the only point that I had a tiny bit of fun was fighting somebody, and by fighting I mean playing around and running away because that player had armour and a weapon while I had nothing. So, 5 minutes of fun, 90 minutes of boring pve sever, 25 minutes on a big world sever. Crafting and harvesting need the same love as combat, or you might as well turn this into a combat arena game. 

• Crafting is extremely slow and tedious because I have to keep looking back and forth between the recipe and harvesting which also feels slow. I think being able to maybe pin a recipe to the screen like a quest in other mmos would be nice.
  • Harvesting is super slow, when you have to stop to pick up the resources in order to keep them from getting stolen, look at the recipes and see what else you may need, and ur harvesting tools eating into resources since repairing isn't a thing (if its there I couldn't find it). If given the chance to improve it I would personal make it to I would either lock the resources that spawn from harvesting for at least 1minute to 30 seconds, same as above pinnable recipes, and at minimum repairing tools(instead of paying 2 wood and one stone of a basic runic hammer just one stone.) 
  • I don't really have an idea of what to test or how to test it and wish you guys would give more direction on what we are playtesting, for example are we stress testing servers or are we testing crafting or harvesting or pvp. Testing the netcode from different locations from servers and various connection speed .

Love us all stuck in crafting hell.

I HAVE BEEN INFECTED WITH SWINE FLU MY EYES THE'RE PIGGER SNOUTS !!! WHY ARE YOU LAUGHING GET THE ANTI-PIGGER SWINE FLU SWAGGU FOR MY EYES.

Some quick crafting items

1. Metal plates that give resistance are using a metal bar graphic instead of a plate graphic
  2. Metal plates that give resistance don't appear to benefit from the grade experimentation
    1. The durability will increase
    2. The .2 resist stat stays the same no mater how many points or successful you are
  3. I've been having disconnect issues thanks to my ISP one time the game auto logged me back on and replaced all more ore with leather it corrected after I logged off and on again.

Why would anyone wear plate? It has the same penalties as basic armor and only half the mitigation. Yes, I can increase the mitigation by using higher quality resources and experimentation, but even with purple resources, I will be hard pressed to match the mitigation numbers on the basic armor. An extra 2.5% damage doesn't cut it because I can get that on any other armor other than basic while getting less penalties. I can wear mail and get my physical mitigation numbers just as high.

Actually there are more optional slots for mail and plate armor, meaning the potential mitigation for those would be higher than leather

Edited by Gummiel

Moving the health/stamina bar - Huge annoyance!!!

I spend too much time looking at the top left corner of the screen. Instead of where the fight is and cooldowns.

Its really frustrating!!!!

bring back bottom HP Resource STA bars.

you can pretty much remove top left bar just bring back bottom!

@signed!!

Edited by Soulreaver

Huginn ok Muninn, fljúga hverjan dag, Jörmungrund yfir; óumk ek of Hugin,, at hann aftr né komi-t, þó sjámk meir of Munin

Gathering of Ranger videos

Actually there are more optional slots for mail and plate armor, meaning the potential mitigation for those would be higher than leather

Each leather armor piece can use up to 3 hardened leather. Hardened leather can use up to 3 leather armor layers. That means that leather armor can use up to 9 leather armor layers. Leather armor layers currently don't add anything, but that is a bug. When making plate, you can also add up to 9 armor layers, but with Mail, you can only add 6. 

I don't know if metal armor layers will have a higher mitigation than leather armor layers, but I'm reasonably certain that any difference won't justify the penalties on mail and plate armor. The best metal armor layer that I've ever created had .45 physical mitigation, and that was purple with good experimentation. If leather armor layers only provide half what metal armor layers do, that's still only a minor difference.

So, put a few hours in. Have a few notes, one systems and crafting, and even more. One thing a noticed, crafting seems to fail at its basic way too much. I guess crafting skills will change that. And I did eventually take note that my material grade effected chance, or at least, felt that way. But all the components, and diffrent crafting bits and pieces, it's almost too complicated to fail as much as it does. It's sooo draining to fail building all the components and when you finally get them, to just fail the most basic version of the item you want to craft. That does't even out do the basic armor by the way. So why should it fail so much and be so hard?

The frame rate seems more stable, and so does the server connection. Collision detection is still off by a lot. I have trouble telling what hit me and from where, plus get stuck in the air and suffer fall damage without knowing that I am even falling. Sure most of that is just things you have not gotten to yet. But feedback is feedback. This other thing I noticed I think might be a bug, but I'll put it in this post in in bug reports. When I open my skill training for the first time after logging in, everything works like normal. But after I close it and re-open it. I can no longer stop or replace queued skills being trained. I have to go to the log n screen then come back in to do any of that. 

Now, just some environment things. I am assuming you are not even close to done playing with how in-game environments will look. The world is looking good, with the grass, trees, hills, wild flowers, and water effects. I like seeing roads and random camps. Adding some fences, lamp posts, wagons and the like would make the roads and villages feel more immersive. Would be cool to see more. Like the mines actually letting us go inside them and or caves and even ruins to explore might be nice. Add to the world, give us other places to fight in for treasure and resources.Some The lighting in the environment could use some work too. Improve the mood and atmosphere a bit with that. 

So, last thing I noticed and want to mention. The prestige classes for Myrmidon. They seem off. I was looking at them and noticed, the core skills, the Proficiency and Mastery skills. Two of them use maces, and require maces be equipped to gain the benefit of their passives. But Battleragger does not. It the one that has axe passives, but why would anyone choose to use axes when they can go mace and gain the benefits from all three Proficiency and Master skill lines. No one will use axes if they can gain the weapon passives of two trees, plus all three's core skill lines, and only sacrifice the weapon passive of one skill tree.

I suggest you either Lock the skill trees so you have to pick one of the prestige skill lines and not gain the benefits from the others while that one is selected.  Weapon lock all the trees, add a third weapon type to the passives so they can't stack off each other, or remove all the weapon specific restrictions and add something beneficial to all Proficiency and Mastery skills. 

You might have the trees locked already. But I felt it was worth mentioning. Should probably look into that on other archetypes too. 

I really would hate to see axes go un-used. 

No one will use axes if they can gain the weapon passives of two trees, plus all three's core skill lines, and only sacrifice the weapon passive of one skill tree.

It doesn't work that way. To get the benefits of the promotion class skills, you have to be wearing a vessel for that promotion class. So if you are wearing a base Myrmidon vessel, you won't get the benefit of any of the skills you have trained in Battlerager, Titan or Conqueror. If you are wearing a Conqueror vessel, you will only get the benefit of the base Myrmidon skills + the skills in the Conqueror tree that you have trained. Anything that you trained in Titan won't apply unless you are wearing a Titan vessel.

Crafting Error with Stitched Leather with Skinning Seal.

An error I found (among other database ones, but this is different than what there already is a forum for) is with the Skinning Specialty Seal with 3 Elk Hide. When you combine them the name comes up as Stitched Leather: Animal Plethora of Dust. However, the bonus it give is Plethora of Meat: Animal. I don't know if these are two different stats, or the description or bonus is wrong. 

Edit: Seems to be its own case. Tested it with other Seals like Mining Seal, it comes up on both the name and bonus as Plethora of Dust. Unless it is a special case for Skinning, it seems to be an error. Even if it is special, names/bonus still need to match up

TLDR:

crowfall_skinning_error.png

Edited by DTAltair

- From DT, with love and adoration.

Chests. The chests seems to contain white, green and blue of all ores and hides, except tire 1. I might also have seen grey, not sure. Why isn't there any wood or stone in them, and why not the lowest tire? As you've written earlier, all tires are equally important. Is there a possibility for purple and orange (isn't that the highest?) to drop from them? Personally I think only hides from Elk, Auroch and Bear should be in there, those are hides that aren't available in-game yet , as far as I've seen. If it wasn't for the blue I wouldn't have bothered with them, the drop rate from the nodes, with all potions active, are far better.

Potions. They will not be part of the game, so I'm curious why there has to be a restriction on chance of success. And why do we need to use ore? Couldn't it just be a recipe where we could dump one of anything, and a 100% successrate? As of now I just make an assembly potion first, but it seems there are a lot of players that don't know that trick. But, having to use time, and resources, on something that's in the game to make testing of crafting possible (at a high level) seems counter productive.

Here is what I have for this week:

• We need a message at the start of each playtest period listing exactly what you want us to test for you.  This feels like we aren't actually playtesting, rather this is designed to allow people to pay to play early.   A whole lot of us are actually here to help make this game better.....crazy idea, I know!
  • I'm a PvP player.  I don't mind ganking others or getting ganked when in on PvP server or in a PvP area.  With that said, this is Pre Alpha testing and it's difficult to test the crafting when you are getting ganked by groups that don't care if you can even defend yourself.   This is your risk normally in a LIVE game...but this is Pre Alpha.  If you want me to test PvP, I'll have at it.  If you want me to test Crafting...you need to create an environment with plentiful resources and no interruptions.  Anything else is a waste of time.
  • Crafting in general is extremely boring right now.  Way too many things to click to advance an item along.  It takes waaay too long to get items.   Cut down a HUGE tree and even with potions to help the outcome it's a dismal reward for the time spent.
  • The micro managing of every little thing is tedious.  Is this a PvP focused game or something else?  If "feels" like it wants to be a type of semi survival/crafting/PvP/something game.   No identity right now, it "feels" like you are trying to cater to two completely different types of players and for me.....it's not working.   I don't have either side represented enough and both sides are extremely lacking.  Yes, it's Pre Alpha, but the direction and focus right now just seems all over the place.
For now I'm going to take another break from this.....just not really involving to play/test and it feels as if we aren't part of helping to develop anything at all.

Personally I like the "duality" of the game. You have the fighters, and the crafters. They need each other for successfull campaigns. Alas, in comes the guild. In this game you need a guild, you can't play it solo, unless you have saved up an insane amount of money, are one of the best crafters in the game, never leave your EK and buy all the resources you need from other players.

After playing around for about two hours, I was kinda bored and the only point that I had a tiny bit of fun was fighting somebody, and by fighting I mean playing around and running away because that player had armour and a weapon while I had nothing. So, 5 minutes of fun, 90 minutes of boring pve sever, 25 minutes on a big world sever. Crafting and harvesting need the same love as combat, or you might as well turn this into a combat arena game. 

• Crafting is extremely slow and tedious because I have to keep looking back and forth between the recipe and harvesting which also feels slow. I think being able to maybe pin a recipe to the screen like a quest in other mmos would be nice.
  • Harvesting is super slow, when you have to stop to pick up the resources in order to keep them from getting stolen, look at the recipes and see what else you may need, and ur harvesting tools eating into resources since repairing isn't a thing (if its there I couldn't find it). If given the chance to improve it I would personal make it to I would either lock the resources that spawn from harvesting for at least 1minute to 30 seconds, same as above pinnable recipes, and at minimum repairing tools(instead of paying 2 wood and one stone of a basic runic hammer just one stone.) 
  • I don't really have an idea of what to test or how to test it and wish you guys would give more direction on what we are playtesting, for example are we stress testing servers or are we testing crafting or harvesting or pvp. Testing the netcode from different locations from servers and various connection speed .
Love us all stuck in crafting hell.

I think there are too many players who thinks they can do both fighting and crafting with the same character. Won't work in this game, sorry, go play WoW. You're either a fighter or a crafter. Well, you can be a cowardly gatherer and a crafter, like me. I harvest a node, move everything to the SB, move to the next node etc. If someone attacks me I try to run away, or I go to the toilet to pee or to the refrigerator for a coke. ;)

A thought on the villages/houses. They are to far apart, there is no feeling of being in a village, it's like a bunch of lunies has built some houses randomnly within an area. If this is something that is going to be in the final, please use some time on making them look like villages.