Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Currency

Nephalite

Question when trading via vendor is there going to be a currency which atm I thinking might be that teal dust you get from crafting and npc drops. I remember in the recent Q/A they were saying that would be used to pay upkeep cost and other things but could you set up a barter system with your vendors ?

Lf6MJUL.png

Last I heard the dust can be used to craft some kind of hard metal currency, which will probably be used as vendor currency, to make npc-thrall-merchants easier to manage.

In the beginning they thought about a barter system and just letting ppl do what they want, but I think thats outdated. You can't barter with an npc ;)

Let me sing you a song / Of a world that just vanished / Of a story that ended to soon
Let me bring you a cup / Make a toast to the living / And a toast to the legends we share

You can't barter with an npc ;)

Well, you can. But ... uhm, let's say it has it's own special flavor.

How much is this nice sword?

24 Gold.

WHAT? No, no, no. Look at this rusty edges. I'll offer you 15. What do you say?

24 Gold.

Well, i understand. I see you are an experienced grocer. How about 20?

24 Gold.

22?

24 Gold.

23?

24 Gold.

OK! Stubborn old dwarf. I tell you something. My last offer is 24 gold and not even one piece of slag ore more. So?

24 Gold.

See, i know you would finally buckle. And let this be a lesson to you not to mess with the wrong person!

:D:lol: Kopfkino!

No but seriously. I think barter will always be an option, if you just speak directly. I could imagine having a specific merchant-chat-channel in the EK's, or, if nothing else works, try visiting a crafter directly at their forge. I garantee you, they're more amiable when just sweltering above the cooking pot for hours - not.
But hey, you could try ;)

Edited by Akineko

Let me sing you a song / Of a world that just vanished / Of a story that ended to soon
Let me bring you a cup / Make a toast to the living / And a toast to the legends we share

Well, you can. But ... uhm, let's say it has it's own special flavor.

How much is this nice sword?

24 Gold.

WHAT? No, no, no. Look at this rusty edges. I'll offer you 15. What do you say?

24 Gold.

Well, i understand. I see you are an experienced grocer. How about 20?

24 Gold.

22?

24 Gold.

23?

24 Gold.

OK! Stubborn old dwarf. I tell you something. My last offer is 24 gold and not even one piece of slag ore more. So?

24 Gold.

See, i know you would finally buckle. And let this be a lesson to you not to mess with the wrong person!

Obviously someone has low Charisma, or is it bartering skill?

CfWBSig.png

Obviously someone has low Charisma, or is it bartering skill?

Charisma! And I guess they also neglected skilling intelligence & intuition....

Edited by Akineko

One could setup a barter system with thrall vendors. The seller sets up what they'll take for each type of item. Major pain, inefficient and not good for the economy, but possible.

Bartering is a very real possibility in the CW. Even the EK.

With the dust and maintenance they are essentially using the value of EK building maintenance as backing for the dust...Not really going to work as a universal currency though.

Just setup a small ebay like system, this is the buyout price, and this is the minimum sale price which will sell for that price after someone puts a bid on it and a timer starts for a short time to give others a chance to put up more.

Or to make it easier let it leave some sort of mail for the owner from the potential customer asking if they would take x amount for y item.

Edited by krevra

I don't want to kill more rats, fill another experience point bar or collect another meaningless badge. I want to play a GAME against PLAYERS, where my actions, my decisions and my SKILL will determine if I win or lose. Allies. Enemies. Alliances. Betrayal. risk. Conquest. To compete with THOUSANDS of other players for a chance to claim the THRONE. Even if i lose, the experience won't feel hollow. I don't want another worthless trophy.

PLAY TO CRUSH

They have talked about Dust being something used for trading as its whats going to be needed to power Crafting Stations and Factorys when that system goes live.

Everyman dies, Not every man truly lives.

Just setup a small ebay like system, this is the buyout price, and this is the minimum sale price which will sell for that price after someone puts a bid on it and a timer starts for a short time to give others a chance to put up more.

Or to make it easier let it leave some sort of mail for the owner from the potential customer asking if they would take x amount for y item.

I would want to see this as a special market building/parcel located and built in both EK and CW, with room for separate auction "shops" so each type of auction could be identified by building design.

I expect all transactions to need to be in contact with somewhere "tangible", and not have items float through limbo from inventory to inventory.

I would want to see this as a special market building/parcel located and built in both EK and CW, with room for separate auction "shops" so each type of auction could be identified by building design.

I expect all transactions to need to be in contact with somewhere "tangible", and not have items float through limbo from inventory to inventory.

Why would you set up a shop in a CW? To me, that's just asking to be robbed when your shop is torn down or your thrall destroyed. Don't know about you, yet I plan on never setting up a shop in any CW

Why would you set up a shop in a CW? To me, that's just asking to be robbed when your shop is torn down or your thrall destroyed. Don't know about you, yet I plan on never setting up a shop in any CW

I expect guilds will build outposts (forts) that have shop-like buildings within them. Most CW's won't let you just import whatever you need when you need it. 

Similarly, most CW's will be a 24/7 (barring downtime) event where guilds have multiple timezones they play in. The crafters will need to have some sort of shop to provide for the needs of the guild while they're offline.

The alternative is a "take what you need" system where the crafters produce based on actual or projected need and just leave it laying around. This method also assumes that the guild simply provides them the farmed materials they need.

Edited by Rhast

Pulling from my Shadowbane experience, one could have NPC guards and they were not to be trifled with. Killable? Of course... Bring serious backup. These guards were meant to be the answer to your question. Different factions could be set to friendly/hostile allowing you to not only protect your wares but also decide who you do and do not do business with even when offline.

I like games. I love testing games.

Pulling from my Shadowbane experience, one could have NPC guards and they were not to be trifled with. Killable? Of course... Bring serious backup. These guards were meant to be the answer to your question. Different factions could be set to friendly/hostile allowing you to not only protect your wares but also decide who you do and do not do business with even when offline.

Town leaders are going to have a KOS list for players/groups according to Todd in a Q&A, and guard towers that hold Thrall warriors.

Probably not enough to deter a dedicated army, but enough to hold back some pilfering ne'er do well.

I would also expect that you can tell your thralls how to behave in regards to who they will deal with, and how inventory is accessed.  It may be that to break those rules, you literally have to destroy the house, with siege gear, that has the inventory item/chest to get at the goodies.

Again, something an army can do, not something a casual raid could accomplish.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken