Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stiviribar

Worried About Environment

Well since this game will have a lot of player generated structures and cities plus the medival touch and absence of dungeons.

I am worried that the terrain is going to be mostly flat without any spectacular sights like this:

140212053205749079.jpg

Or this

tera-online-15503.jpg

Edited by StiviRibar

Well since this game will have a lot of player generated structures and cities plus the medival touch and absence of dungeons.

Not to be a downer, but we don't know this for sure.

We may be building pre-placed and pre-designed buildings, for all we know. However, this would allow them to create and design around more unique and interesting environments.

Edited by Teekey

UkBSCr2.png

CF.GG

Your primary source of Crowfall news, guides, and information.

Not to be a downer, but we don't know this for sure.

We may be building pre-placed and pre-designed buildings, for all we know. However, this would allow them to create and design around more unique and interesting environments.

Eh....righ made a mistake there...player made cities it is :P

What i had in mind is that pre-designed  buildings might not be that spectacular.I mean there is no way you could make something like this:

Free_Traders.jpg

Edited by StiviRibar

Eh....righ made a mistake there...player made cities it is :P

What i had in mind is that pre-designed  buildings might not be that spectacular.I mean there is no way you could make something like this:

Free_Traders.jpg

why not?

You can, with a proper build toolset available for the game (like Landmark for EQ Next), and a guild huge enough to farm enough materials. My concern is more likely, that we will have 3 presets (Order, Chaos. Balance), and thats it. No customization options. I hope the devs will take the "creative" city builders into account.

Edited by Lyk3nothx

OIW34IY.png

MA topics for recruitment.

You can, with a proper build toolset available for the game (like Landmark for EQ Next), and a guild huge enough to farm enough materials. My concern is more likely, that we will have 3 presets (Order, Chaos. Balance), and thats it. No customization options. I hope the devs will take the "creative" city builders into account.

The thing is, we're also going to be sieging cities. That's hard to balance with player customized structures.

It may be fun to design every aspect of your building/city, but it may not necessarily translate to fun and balanced PvP .

Have fun getting to my keep:

lxC64vw.gif

Edited by Teekey

UkBSCr2.png

CF.GG

I am sure there will be limitations. I don't think they will allow impenetrable fortresses (=funkiller). Or, the might do, but you need a guild with 10.000 members to farm the resources one year long.

About besieging cities, sure, it will be the most interesting part of this game I guess, I hardly can wait. I hope we can use siege engines some sort of.

OIW34IY.png

MA topics for recruitment.

The thing is, we're also going to be sieging cities. That's hard to balance with player customized structures.

It may be fun to design every aspect of your building/city, but it may not necessarily translate to fun and balanced PvP .

lxC64vw.gif

Right but we also don't know what you are going to be able to siege. Cities may be trading hubs and crafting centers that are player ran and built but cannot be destoryed. Where as Castles and Strongholds are attackable and provide some sort of advantage to holding (bonus materials for making more siege engines ect). We really don't know yet. But I think with the technology of today it shouldn't be hard for people to build robust cities. 

lxC64vw.gif

But how do you get to it?  We'll go that way.

lxC64vw.gif

If they could swing having resource farming and building like minecraft, coupled with maintenance of structures built like in ArmA/Epoch, why would that be a bad thing? It would balance itself out and reward creative building.

Edited by Fogtripper

If they could swing having resource farming and building like minecraft, coupled with maintenance of structures built like in ArmA/Epoch, why would that be a bad thing? It would balance itself out and reward creative building.

I just don't think it emphasizes player skill as much as they're trying to. Plus I think it will be far too exploitable.

Additionally, that's a TALL order for a small niche MMO to accomplish. I mean, they're already gender locking some Archetypes because they only have so many resources to develop the game.

UkBSCr2.png

CF.GG

I mean, they're already gender locking some Archetypes because they only have so many resources to develop the game.

I can't find that post now, but that's not how I read it.  Some are locked because of the story line, like the Forgemasters, and the others they said they didn't see a reason to waste the time or money on it.  He did say though that if there was enough requests for some of them to have a second gender option then they would consider it and put the money in it if it made sense.  I don't think anything is a tall order at this point so it can never hurt to ask.  I think that is one of the main reasons they are releasing information this way, to get as much input about what we want before they release everything.

Tanom of the WhiteWalkers

iWQCpyx.gif

I can't find that post now, but that's not how I read it.  Some are locked because of the story line, like the Forgemasters, and the others they said they didn't see a reason to waste the time or money on it.  He did say though that if there was enough requests for some of them to have a second gender option then they would consider it and put the money in it if it made sense.  I don't think anything is a tall order at this point so it can never hurt to ask.  I think that is one of the main reasons they are releasing information this way, to get as much input about what we want before they release everything.

Here is the quote:

It's not that I don't like the idea; it's just that we're trying to be realistic and spend our resources on the features/assets that will be the most popular. 

I mean, maybe it''s just me - but creating a new model that is already heavily based on another seems to pale in comparison to creating a detailed world building system for players to use.

And yes, it is a HUGE order. Companies don't have infinite time, money, or people. This isn't one of those things they can just decide to add 6 months to a year into development without taking a huge step back. This is something that needed to be designed and developed from the very beginning because of how big on an impact it would have on every other aspect of the game.

UkBSCr2.png

CF.GG

OK, I am confused.  On one sentence your saying you think it should be easy to add something and on the next your saying its a HUGE order.  From the sounds of it they are putting all their resources into the complexity of the game  itself and  not worrying so much about the extra models they feel are not important.  Heck we don't even know yet why they feel that way and which ones they feel that way about.  The only thing we know for sure is the Forgemaster is only male and that due to his back story.  Or did they already confirm the Centaurs are male only?  Either way the back story for the other "monster" races could easily explain why they don't feel the need to put extra money into the models.

iWQCpyx.gif

OK, I am confused.  On one sentence your saying you think it should be easy to add something and on the next your saying its a HUGE order. 

Adding a character model is a bit different than adding a deep player controlled world building system.

UkBSCr2.png

CF.GG

Ahhh, ok that is  what you were referring to.  Sorry, that makes sense now.  Yes, that is true, but just because they say they don't want to waste money on one thing does not mean they don't have the money to waste.  It could just be them being as picky as possible on what they spend the money on.  Only time will tell.  

iWQCpyx.gif