Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Nature's Grace Chain - Skill 6

Leiloni

Ok it's a slow day at work and I'm on the forum so I found myself on Tinnis's resources site and this chain caught my eye. I've seen it before but looking at the chain I have two questions for you testers:

1. These buffs look awesome - Heal buff, damage buff,  and essence gain up/down. Is it feasible to keep these up all the time?

2. Does doing that help with essence gain and allow you to heal longer before you need to do damage?

Or is that a bad idea for some obvious reason I'm not seeing? I'm guessing if you want to be casting some of those nice supporty damage skills on people you're going to need some of that essence (Faerie Fire, Lightning Strike, meh)??

Also what are the cooldowns on these things. Did I miss that?

Also I always see the Essence Pool listed as a percentage but the skill tooltips list numbers. What's the typical max Essence Pool in number format?

Edited by Leiloni

The first 2 in the chain (6, 6) are always awesome. The others (6 or E) are situationally awesome, but cumbersome because of the sluggish tray swap.

Tinnis would probably be the guy with the best info here. I recall he tested it a fair bit a few months ago. I use them all regularly now, but they are awkward(ish) for me because of the tray.

You can keep them up all the time

(+10% healing buff and +5% group damage is great)

(it is quite disruptive to the druid if you are interupted during the long combo)

The essence generation effects are powerful but both the pro and con is it will lock you into a certain style duration

I would not say this is "bad" per say

Contain essence can signficantly the time increase you can spend healing or using natures avatar

(e.g. see my latest video with the long back to back duo/group fights as solo support)

Empower can singficantly increase the amount of death powers you can do within a time period

We are unable to see our essence pool (or stamina or any other resource) in terms of 'numbers'

Both essence buffs let you adapt to the demands of the situation or your role in a group or your style when soloing

e.g. cuddles and destrin generally favor more offensive empower druids as they will often have legio support - while i tend to play druid as a solo support and favour a heal centric utility and out lasting style alongside my death powers

Edited by Tinnis

Ok it's a slow day at work and I'm on the forum so I found myself on Tinnis's resources site and this chain caught my eye. I've seen it before but looking at the chain I have two questions for you testers:

1. These buffs look awesome - Heal buff, damage buff,  and essence gain up/down. Is it feasible to keep these up all the time?

2. Does doing that help with essence gain and allow you to heal longer before you need to do damage?

1. The heal buff (Nature's Grace) can be kept up 100% of the time, the damage buff (forget the name) get applied to allies and not yourself, and can be kept up 100% of the time.  The essence buffs (Empower and Contain Essence) will get removed as soon as you switch to the death tray.

2. You can cast about 30% more heal spells or 30% less healing spells (depending on which buff you cast) then compared to not having either buff up.

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

1. The heal buff (Nature's Grace) can be kept up 100% of the time, the damage buff (forget the name) get applied to allies and not yourself, and can be kept up 100% of the time.  The essence buffs (Empower and Contain Essence) will get removed as soon as you switch to the death tray.

2. You can cast about 30% more heal spells or 30% less healing spells (depending on which buff you cast) then compared to not having either buff up.

huh...never noticed it was removed on tray swap :)

tooltip value is 35%

your right about bond doesn't apply damage buff to self (despite tooltip saying it should apply to self!)

Edited by Tinnis

e.g. cuddles and destrin generally favor more offensive empower druids as they will often have legio support - while i tend to play druid as a solo support and favour a heal centric utility and out lasting style alongside my death powers

Thanks, my style tends to lean more towards yours as well. I love supportive buffs/cc type skills so I see myself using both the ones in the Life and Death try whenever possible, but otherwise my focus is usually more on keeping people's health up before I dip into damage. All in all these skills sound cool and if they can fix the issues people have with the class, and with Legio, Druid could be amazing.

Edited by Leiloni

Thanks, my style tends to lean more towards yours as well. I love supportive buffs/cc type skills so I see myself using both the ones in the Life and Death try whenever possible, but otherwise my focus is usually more on keeping people's health up before I dip into damage. All in all these skills sound cool and if they can fix the issues people have with the class, and with Legio, Druid could be amazing.

I had way more fun trying to keep my group alive in giant prolonged three way fights as solo druid support on the weekend than i ever had as a facemushing legio

yes i couldn't stop people being burst down...but thats okay! (didn't even have tanks in group!)

e.g. video sequence 16m49s to 29m48s

[best sequence being 23:17 'Back to back group fights around the house on the hill'

Edited by Tinnis

It's certainly more rewarding to land a solid Rain or Wisp or even the balls than the Lego healing. If Lego was about 50% less auto-pilot or 50% less potent I think you'd see a lot more Druid healing.

It's also soooooo frustrating when your near-dead teammate runs off or scoots off or blinks off (or does much of anything), causing you to miss with the heals :/

It's also soooooo frustrating when your near-dead teammate runs off or scoots off or blinks off (or does much of anything), causing you to miss with the heals :/

People will get used to this, trust me. I remember dealing with this in TERA and that just comes down to your teammates own skill levels. In games with this kind of combat it's up to them to have better awareness of what their teammates are doing so they can act accordingly and when possible, take advantage (or to be aware of their own low HP...). It's just good teamwork, so I wouldn't worry much about that now. We can just blame people for being bad haha. :D

Edited by Leiloni

It's certainly more rewarding to land a solid Rain or Wisp or even the balls than the Lego healing. If Lego was about 50% less auto-pilot or 50% less potent I think you'd see a lot more Druid healing.

Oh found a great clip from Tinnis's video. Here just like this and it starts with IamMe and Soulreaver running away but ends up being the entire group running in all different directions. I can't imagine how much internal yelling must have been going on in Tinnis's head right here lol. Everytime you think he's got someone finally to stop for a second or all of them bunched up enough for some AoEs, they run away like they have no clue their HP is low or that he's there trying to heal them. It's the sort of thing that makes you think how amazing the Druid can be with better teamwork and team skill. /facepalm From 26:30 ish to about 28:00. 

https://youtu.be/2cYTyil9KZg?t=1590

I think Wisp is the sort of skill that with a few changes could be a great standard ability in the Druid's skillset. Shorten the max cooldown to maybe half and give it a shorter cooldown if you charge it less. The design makes for a reliable and fun direct heal that fits into the skill based idea we've all been talking about. Plus the splash range makes it easy enough to aim with AoE potential if people are packed up. Maybe a couple seconds CD for a short channel and 12 seconds or so for max channel, varying as appropriate. They do need to make the hit animation more obvious, though.

Edited by Leiloni

I think Druid heals will definitely benefit from the natural increase in skill and tactical proficiency good groups will gain over time, as regards call-outs and reactive positioning in combat. Stacking will be a thing once again, and both dynamic and static points of reference will need to be used in order to get the most out of the heals. When you do land them, and they are at maximum effectiveness, they are quite good.

Oh found a great clip from Tinnis's video. Here just like this and it starts with IamMe and Soulreaver running away but ends up being the entire group running in all different directions. I can't imagine how much internal yelling must have been going on in Tinnis's head right here lol. Everytime you think he's got someone finally to stop for a second or all of them bunched up enough for some AoEs, they run away like they have no clue their HP is low or that he's there trying to heal them. It's the sort of thing that makes you think how amazing the Druid can be with better teamwork and team skill. /facepalm From 26:30 ish to about 28:00. 

I think Druid heals will definitely benefit from the natural increase in skill and tactical proficiency good groups will gain over time, as regards call-outs and reactive positioning in combat. Stacking will be a thing once again, and both dynamic and static points of reference will need to be used in order to get the most out of the heals. When you do land them, and they are at maximum effectiveness, they are quite good.

Agreed and I like that it seems like it's a class that could have amazing potential with the right people. That's the sort of design that I'd love to see in the rest of the game. We don't need classes we can pick up quickly.

Edited by Leiloni

The thing is in that situation running was the best thing they could of done (as they were bursted down via myrm C silly damage and we were running no tanks)

[soulreaver was literally on like 1 life multiple times even with me hitting some barriers and heals on him and slowing pursuer]

If the druid doesn't have their wisp available hitting a moving target it very challenging (which is great)

also bear in mind with was a laggy test that didn't help!

[while rain is far better when engaging or ally is CC'd]

need to practice orbs on moving targets - but even if i 'miss' i'll annouce to people orbs are up or orbs are behind them etc and they can be taken later

So the thing I find great about the druid is it actually requires co-ordination between healer and allies

The legio does not need this (or aiming)

(it sort of used to when he had the 'discpline' lifesteal buff in stead but that is long gone)

Edited by Tinnis