Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Confessor 3

ClockworkOrange

I am not a big fan of the range and the way the confessor 3 ability works.

I really think it should be replaced by an ability like this:

https://youtu.be/fYvTLi_3-SU?t=73

It is affected by gravity and works more like an arrow shot. On landing the ability knocks opponents up in the air. Adding slight knockbacks to large charge fire attacks gives you the feeling that there is more weight behind the spell you are throwing. The confessor currently sees this in the 2 combo chain, but nowhere else.

Thoughts?

Edited by Clockwork Orange

Game needs more aoe cc imo. While the gravity thing is cool, i doubt it will happen, just needs a aoe you can aim like some of the druid spells.

also as a side note, I actually kinda liked the way UW played vs original DF.

I don't want to kill more rats, fill another experience point bar or collect another meaningless badge. I want to play a GAME against PLAYERS, where my actions, my decisions and my SKILL will determine if I win or lose. Allies. Enemies. Alliances. Betrayal. risk. Conquest. To compete with THOUSANDS of other players for a chance to claim the THRONE. Even if i lose, the experience won't feel hollow. I don't want another worthless trophy.

PLAY TO CRUSH

I have always been a proponent of increasing the base range (read: projectile lifetime, the speed is OK as is) of confessor "3".

I don't like the knock-back idea as confessors already have three other CC powers and "3" already includes a healing debuff so adding a knock-back would be too much, imo. 

too much CC for confessor.

magma bomb from darkfall will be ok for 3. better dmg and parabolic trajectory moving with increased distance

crowfall pvp makkonMyrmidon statement: rangefall

Discord makkon#8550

I play ALOT of confessor but it took me a good bit to remember what #3 actually does.

Its one of the 'useless' abilities the confessor has.

Or at least the difficulty - to - damage/utility just makes it so inefficient it might as well be useless.

CfWBSig.png

The 3 definitely needs some love! It does terrible damage and the debuff just isnt enough to make it viable. Its almost useless in most situations, and the range sucks it barely makes it to the ground from the keep. What kind of keep defenses are we going to have if people cant sit back on the walls and nuke away. Id like to see the range increased on everything actually.

Grief-super-small.png

https://twitch.TV/Badatron  

https://www.GriefGaming.pro

The 3 definitely needs some love! It does terrible damage and the debuff just isnt enough to make it viable. Its almost useless in most situations, and the range sucks it barely makes it to the ground from the keep. 

This.  

Edited by Nohmad

also as a side note, I actually kinda liked the way UW played vs original DF.

So did I. Me and Wor were just talking about that last night. If DFUW would have been launched in a complete state, I think it would have done much better.

That's why doing a soft launch of CF scares me, seems like one of the issues which caused DFUW to fail.

• 2 weeks later...