Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Game Of Thrones, New Season

jewels

The books aren't that great. The show is highly overrated.

Martin is a bad story teller who masks it by killing people.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

The books aren't that great. The show is highly overrated.

Martin is a bad story teller who masks it by killing people.

You're mostly right, but I still love that show :P

The show is actually better than the books, believe it or not.

If we're gonna talk about the best books ever written though, I'm gonna have to bring up the Malazan Book of the Fallen.

Cannibal Man - Future serial killer

I can't even.  You win, I am done with this part of the discussion.

Robert Jordan owns George R.R. Martin.

Brandon Sanderson owns both.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

The show is actually better than the books, believe it or not.

If we're gonna talk about the best books ever written though, I'm gonna have to bring up the Malazan Book of the Fallen.

I haven't read that, but my fav one is Name of the Wind and Wise Men's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss - Kingkiller Chronicle. Currently waiting on a third book.

I haven't read that, but my fav one is Name of the Wind and Wise Men's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss - Kingkiller Chronicle. Currently waiting on a third book.

I read the Name of the Wind. Its good and Patrick is an incredible writer, but I feel as if the book didn't have enough depth and intrigue to make me say it's great.

I got halfway thru Wheel of Time before I quit.  When you read 3 800 page rubbish books in a row (especially when nothing really happens in 2 of them), it's hard to call Robert Jordan better than anything.  I have heard good things about Sanderson, though I haven't read anything of his yet.

Edited by seventhbeacon

I'm just waiting to see if EntertainmentOne (Makers of Walking Dead) will get off their butts and make the Monster Hunter International TV series (They bought the rights to it in 2011). You know you want to see the Trailerpark Elves.

You have to skip the middle five books.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time was only good for about the first four books. Then you could really tell he started to go senile, and started straying too much from the main characters.

I read the Name of the Wind. Its good and Patrick is an incredible writer, but I feel as if the book didn't have enough depth and intrigue to make me say it's great.

I liked the Name of the Wind but I have to say that the real thing (for me at least) started in a book 2, Wise Men's Fear.

SWrkfdj.jpg

But yeah if you guys haven't read Steven Erikson's Malazan Book of the Fallen, you need to make it your mission to do so. He puts Game of Thrones to shame in terms of intrigue, and the Wheel of Time's story to shame in terms of epicness.