Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jewels

Game Of Thrones, New Season

Skip 6-11.

What happens of consequence: The taint disappears and Egwene becomes leader of the Aes Sedai. You're set for Book 12.

Edited by checkyotrack

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

This is what disgruntled me off about Robert Jordan.  You'd have an amazing character moment (when Elayne recognizes Thom), then switch to another group of characters for 100 pages, come back to the people with the epic character moment and he's moved on.  No development!  Also, after a while, all of his characters start to sound the same, with stubborn women calling men cotton-headed ninnymuggins and clapping their ears and stubborn men complaining about the women out of earshot while they stamp their feet... it gets very tedious.

"Darken the moon and conceal the stars; our Light will never be extinguished." - The Tome of the First Flame

LW_sig_concept_7b_lighter_zpsu0zpsinn.jp

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home. Join us @ http://crowfall.shivtr.com

So I can read like 1-4 (or 5 I suppose), then jump right up to book 9?

To give Robert Jordan his fair share, he was literally going senile and his death was near. It made a huge chunk of the books worthless because of his condition.

So in other words, if you think GRRM puts in fluff, wait til you see Robert Jordan haha.

Cannibal Man - Future serial killer

I can't even.  You win, I am done with this part of the discussion.

This is what disgruntled me off about Robert Jordan.  You'd have an amazing character moment (when Elayne recognizes Thom), then switch to another group of characters for 100 pages, come back to the people with the epic character moment and he's moved on.  No development!  Also, after a while, all of his characters start to sound the same, with stubborn women calling men cotton-headed ninnymuggins and clapping their ears and stubborn men complaining about the women out of earshot while they stamp their feet... it gets very tedious.

I believe there is a lot of braid pulling as well.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

I liked the Name of the Wind but I have to say that the real thing (for me at least) started in a book 2, Wise Men's Fear.

I'll make sure to check it out.

Cannibal Man - Future serial killer

I can't even.  You win, I am done with this part of the discussion.

Brandon Sanderson did 12-14 like a boss and ended the series on a high note.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Brandon Sanderson did 12-14 like a boss and ended the series on a high note.

Good, because I loved the world and wish Wolf-Brothers were in more games and fiction ;)

"Darken the moon and conceal the stars; our Light will never be extinguished." - The Tome of the First Flame

LW_sig_concept_7b_lighter_zpsu0zpsinn.jp

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home. Join us @ http://crowfall.shivtr.com

Daenaerys Targaryen is quite honestly the worst character ever. She is 80% why GoT sucks.

SWrkfdj.jpg

I'm really excited for the next season, mainly because they are taking a massive diversion away from what happens in the books and a lot of what happens will genuinely be a surprise to me.

No longer will I be watching social media while knowing something major is about to happen and enjoying the rage / tears. I'll actually be fixated on the events myself.

Tully Ackland

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc. 

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct]

I haven't read that, but my fav one is Name of the Wind and Wise Men's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss - Kingkiller Chronicle. Currently waiting on a third book.

I've been waiting for this one for ages!!

Love this show.

I read the books and they are quite "long winded" (?), but I'm glad I read them as I watch the series...  I feel like I'm enjoying the series more, because I have read the books. (if that makes sense).

...and Little Finger is just creepy the way he looks at and talks to Sansa...  (agreed?)

Sorry about the thread necromancy but I am reading Wheel of Time right now and listening to GOT. I have to admit, the first 4 books of WOT were amazing and the first 2 books of GOT were amazing, but I am struggling with book 5 of (WOT) and did not like book 3 of (GOT) and I am not liking book 4. When I say "not like", I am just saying they aren't as good as the others. Still good reads.

I will agree that Sanderson is better than both Jordan and Martin. The Stormlight Archive is AMAZING so far. Rothfuss and Lynch are also rockstars!!

Edited by Dynimix

LW_sig_concept2_zpsgdrsfl7n.jpg