Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tinnis

This weekend - Guilds and video makers - I dare you!

I'm away this weekend test, so passing the torch so to speak....

To all the usual organised guilds, groups and video makers

I dare you to make videos that:

• run 5v5 group fights without archetype duplications, especially without relying on the crux of the cowgirl comp (myrm, legio, confessor)
  • isn't a confessor exploiting the dash jump bug [turning an intended 18 meter dash into 31+ meters...]
  • isn't from the PoV of an immortal myrmidon one shotting rooted people
  • [or a pansie Legio passive backlining farting out heals and left clicking]

You really shouldn't be worrying about cheesing the balance state at the moment to the degree that is currently happening.

How about you make some fights that are both interesting to play as well as interesting for people to watch?

[compare the recent american group versus group videos to what we've been up to on europe.

If I was playing on the american servers I would log off out of boredom]

Thats the only reason I make videos myself - so non backers/testers can see what the game is looking like and to encourage people to enjoy a variety of archetypes and styles.

Seriously the 'effectiveness' really doesn't matter and is in most cases quite debatable unless you actually try it.

Here is the most representative quote of the current state of an american tester's reaction to seeing europe...

A server where organized groups do not run legionnaires?! Must be an episode of The Twilight Zone :blink:

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

• isn't a confessor exploiting the dash jump bug [turning an intended 18 meter dash into 31+ meters...

Man, you keep saying this, but the Fessor scoot continues to be 20 meters. Druid is 18. I've tested it dozens of times.

The scoot can extend it by 10 meters. You get the extra meter as the length of your character model.

Just stand in front of a tree such that there is a 1 meter distance between you and the tree and scoot, then measure the distance from the tree.

You can get this super fun ability nerfed without exaggerating to make a case. I have faith in you.

Man, you keep saying this, but the Fessor scoot continues to be 20 meters. Druid is 18. I've tested it dozens of times.

The scoot can extend it by 10 meters. You get the extra meter as the length of your character model.

Just stand in front of a tree such that there is a 1 meter distance between you and the tree and scoot, then measure the distance from the tree.

You can get this super fun ability nerfed without exaggerating to make a case. I have faith in you.

Annnd you're not going to be a ranger.

You just missed your target by a mile!  You didn't get the point, exaggerating or not.

​Coolwaters.. come on, please try again.

Huginn ok Muninn, fljúga hverjan dag, Jörmungrund yfir; óumk ek of Hugin,, at hann aftr né komi-t, þó sjámk meir of Munin

Gathering of Ranger videos

I understand your point. I simply wanted to point out on an inaccuracy that seems to be a theme and driven by an agenda.

I'd like to see more diverse groups as well though and I'd like to see videos of that. The best way for that to happen is not to appeal to altruism in the players, but to appeal for a balance pass from the devs, unfortunately.

Edited by coolwaters

• run 5v5 group fights without archetype duplications, especially without relying on the crux of the cowgirl comp (myrm, legio, confessor)
  • isn't a confessor exploiting the dash jump bug [turning an intended 18 meter dash into 31+ meters...]
  • isn't from the PoV of an immortal myrmidon one shotting rooted people
  • [or a pansie Legio passive backlining farting out heals and left clicking]

You really shouldn't be worrying about cheesing the balance state at the moment to the degree that is currently happening.

How about you make some fights that are both interesting to play as well as interesting for people to watch?

[compare the recent american group versus group videos to what we've been up to on europe.

If I was playing on the american servers I would log off out of boredom]

Thats the only reason I make videos myself - so non backers/testers can see what the game is looking like and to encourage people to enjoy a variety of archetypes and styles.

Seriously the 'effectiveness' really doesn't matter and is in most cases quite debatable unless you actually try it.

Here is the most representative quote of the current state of an american tester's reaction to seeing europe...

Lol let me paraphrase.

"I challenge you to play the game how i think it should be played."

How about i play the game how i enjoy playing it. And you play the game how you enjoy playing it.

And the videos are generally from the point of view of the shot callers, and surprise surprise, its easy to call shots on the Myrm, because A: he never gets pressured so can focus on shot calling. And B: He is melee and can see the nameplate after it draws within 10 meters.

Seriously Tinnis, we get it, you dont think its fun to play the cowgirl meta. I have heard it a dozen times from you.

Its not a game yet Tinnis, how are you going to act when theres something to lose and things are not how you think they should be?

CfWBSig.png

I run the Knight AT most of the time, knowing it's woefully non-competitive with the lack of AT balance in the current state.

I get absolutely rolled over a lot by kiting confessors that I can never get close to or groups of the above-mentioned combos (common to see groups of Myrm, Leg, 2x Confessor)

I tend to turn it into a game of 'how long can I last' rather than 'can I win'

Why? Because the Knight AT is appealing to me, even if it sucks balance wise.

i'd be happy to participate if you want to do something like this on a weekend when you are around.

Edited by Jah

IhhQKY6.gif

relax, we are probably do not participate this weekend actively, so there will be no groups who can beat CAL setup (and numbers)

eu have big issues with premades -=(

I really don't see any problem if ppl play most effective AT's, especially in GvG

ps. also you forget to list this:

• rats exploiting invisible campfire HP regen
  • druids exploiting reflect dmg which is stronger than confessor LMB
Edited by makkon

crowfall pvp makkonMyrmidon statement: Out of Fury

Discord makkon#8550

relax, we are probably do not participate this weekend actively, so there will be no groups who can beat CAL setup (and numbers)

eu have big issues with premades -=(

Oh come on Makkon. At least we don't camp the graveyards.

o8WHnLc.png

THE most active European guild. Join us

now!

Oh come on Makkon. At least we don't camp the graveyards.

right now you zerging Amateur with 6 ppl. i can't help him coz working

6v1 is GG?

I never camping graveyards until get attacked there or ppl start looting chests close to GY's

but you also did some graveyard zerging. on the video I just get suicide in fire to "fix" hunger and what happened next

https://www.twitch.tv/makkontv/v/108434746

you never have moral problems with attacking and looting solo players with zerg.

so, it is a bit strange what some of ur members call to not play OP AT's setups

Edited by makkon

Discord makkon#8550

right now you zerging Amateur with 6 ppl

6v1

I never camping graveyards until get attacked there or ppl start looting chests

but you also did some graveyard zerging. on the video I just get suicide in fire to "fix" hunger and what happened next

https://www.twitch.tv/makkontv/v/108434746

Your roaming group of 3 are often seen picking on single harvesters, so I don't think you can take the moral high ground.  Just putting it out there ...... 

But you may well make the KoS list.

o8WHnLc.png

THE most active European guild. Join us

now!

Your roaming group of 3 are often seen picking on single harvesters, so I don't think you can take the moral high ground.  Just putting it out there ...... 

But you may well make the KoS list.

do you really think I care about KoS from typical zerg teams? since I already pretty much priority target in each fight vs you.

my main goal is explain you basics: dont blame others if u do pretty the same things much more often. I link proofs you link nothing except blaming

pretty the shame.

Discord makkon#8550

Anyone traveling in Crowfall will does so under the circumstances of their choosing, how they feel the most safe and that is perfectly fine.

You can grp. 2v1 5v1 u name it.

You can KoS anything that moves, just to be safe.

You can play the most overpowered grp composition there is..

You can exploit the errors of the game to ensure you win...

You can gove payback for the times someone else ganked you 3v1, by going 6v1.

Its all good....

Its a choice you make, and some love being able to roll over others just cause they can - neglecting to look at why they were able to do so.

It's just also boring... it's repetative.

Huginn ok Muninn, fljúga hverjan dag, Jörmungrund yfir; óumk ek of Hugin,, at hann aftr né komi-t, þó sjámk meir of Munin

Gathering of Ranger videos

Its a choice you make, and some love being able to roll over others just cause they can - neglecting to look at why they were able to do so.

It's just also boring... it's repetative.

I'm pretty sure the people who do the rolling, 100% understand how they're able to do it. When the penalty for dying is ultimate losing your stuff, people are going to abuse the most op FOTM stuff in order to win. Competitive games require and encourage this mindset.

Edited by helix