Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
coolwaters

THANK YOU for the widescreen support

Th crafting windows and some other UI elements need tweaked for this. The "red" near death effect as well.

Still way too fun to ignore.

Can't move the crafting windows yet :/ You can move the essence meter and chat. I moved the essence meter to be my targeting recticle. Works well.

Edited by coolwaters

That is really cool! I will have to consider more monitors now  :) - I've definitely felt the current FOV is too restrictive and doesn't give enough of the big world + big battle atmosphere I like in MMOs.

ArtCraft: doing it's pat to sell displays across the world.

Ooooooh Widescreen on my ultra wide is working nicely too now.

Thanks!!! :D

Archetypes I am Interested in: Templar, Legionnaire, Myrmidon, Confessor.
Also, Looking for a Guild, preferably Oceanic but also US West works best for me. (Misery)

Do I invest in ACE or buy another monitor? Decisions :)

If you're going to do it keep in mind it can take a couple of days to wire the money internationally. I used TransferWise which was pretty cheap (£7 I think), but it took a day or so for them to email me the link. Still, with the stretch goals already achieved, it must be tempting!

Yeah.  That is undoubtedly a FoV advantage.  Not only a little bit of one.  It's essentially allowing you to have 180 degrees of vision, while everyone else has 45 (approximations of course).

"Food for the crows..."    Nobuo Xa'el

cdinUTh.png

It's an awesome technology. It feels amazingly immersive.

If the "FoV advantage" bothers a few people now, they're gonna hate the VR that is a stretch goal that is coming. I'll probably buy an HTC Vive to try it out. 

There will be those who cry about this like everything else and say it's "pay to win" because they don't have additional monitors. They probably don't have video cards or processors that match up to some players either. Nor as many accounts to put on those 3 screens. Because that's exactly what will be there otherwise: two more accounts. It's too pretty as is to worry with it, however, which directly removes my desire to run multiple accounts.

Do we need to be sure and restrict the framerates so that the weaker video cards, processors, monitors, internet connections etc. of are perfectly "fair" to everyone? Let's teach the class to the lowest common denominator of learning. Slow down in case a child gets left behind. 

Buy a couple of cheap monitors (mine cost $50-60 each ... seriously)  if you want to use this very cool tech. Or just cry about those who have systems that give them something you don't want to pay for. Depends on the type of person you are IMO.

Edited by coolwaters

It's an awesome technology. It feels amazingly immersive.

If the "FoV advantage" bothers a few people now, they're gonna hate the VR that is a stretch goal that is coming. I'll probably buy an HTC Vive to try it out. 

There will be those who cry about this like everything else and say it's "pay to win" because they don't have additional monitors. They probably don't have video cards or processors that match up to some players either. Nor as many accounts to put on those 3 screens. Because that's exactly what will be there otherwise: two more accounts. It's too pretty as is to worry with it, however, which directly removes my desire to run multiple accounts.

Do we need to be sure and restrict the framerates so that the weaker video cards, processors, monitors, internet connections etc. of are perfectly "fair" to everyone? Let's teach the class to the lowest common denominator of learning. Slow down in case a child gets left behind. 

Buy a couple of cheap monitors (mine cost $50-60 each ... seriously)  if you want to use this very cool tech. Or just cry about those who have systems that give them something you don't want to pay for. Depends on the type of person you are IMO.

Cools there is a huge difference between capping view range, fps or what ever else and being able to see more on your sides than others. It is one thing to see a little bit more, you are seeing a ton more...