Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
coolwaters

THANK YOU for the widescreen support

3440x1440 is looking great now B)

and for the folks that are upset on the fov "advantage"  I think ACE can fix up a few things with in the gfx settings and "ADD" an fov setting so the folks that cant support these resolutions don't get left out. (Simple Fix)

Edited by washuu

3440x1440 is looking great now B)

and for the folks that are upset on the fov "advantage"  I think ACE can fix up a few things with in the gfx settings and "ADD" an fov setting so the folks that cant support these resolutions don't get left out. (Simple Fix)

That is all they would need to do. As of right now, something as simple as that FoV vs default will make this game fail. 

Having played with it all weekend, I love it. It does "feel" like you are getting a lot more data, and you probably are. I haven't noticed any difference at all in k / d ratio or my personal performance. I still die about the same, in the same situations (read: Myrms). I don't kill any more people. We win / lose as a group about the same.

But it feels amazing. It could be causing some crashes and freezes. Need to play more to know for sure.

Depends on the type of person you are IMO.

Talking down to people because you have the option and they might not, does show what type of person you are IMO.

For a game supposed to be built on "skill," does seem like cash and time will rule like most other games.

While your setup looks nice and I might add a third monitor myself, it will require additional FOV and or Zoom options to compensate.

Needing to upgrade basic system parts is a bit different than additional hardware.

As is, doesn't look like it stretches or distorts like some games, simply adds more and to insinuate that others don't have the right to find this unfair is rather silly.

Is what it is and if they are going to support it, ACE will be the one that ultimately benefits or not. We are just along for the ride.

Talking down to people because you have the option and they might not, does show what type of person you are IMO.

For a game supposed to be built on "skill," does seem like cash and time will rule like most other games.

While your setup looks nice and I might add a third monitor myself, it will require additional FOV and or Zoom options to compensate.

Needing to upgrade basic system parts is a bit different than additional hardware.

As is, doesn't look like it stretches or distorts like some games, simply adds more and to insinuate that others don't have the right to find this unfair is rather silly.

Is what it is and if they are going to support it, ACE will be the one that ultimately benefits or not. We are just along for the ride.

I disagree. In my view, attempting to limit amazing features because some players aren't able to afford the hardware to take advantage of them is the nonsense here.  And it's basic human nature at its best.

I'm not talking down to anyone save the few who literally argue that because they don't feel like paying for better hardware, everyone else should be forced to do without as well.

That is all they would need to do. As of right now, something as simple as that FoV vs default will make this game fail. 

I don't think it's such a big deal as to make the game fail. Not nearly as big of a deal as giving VIP a distinctive competitive advantage would be. I mean, yea sure, it gives an advantage. And hopefully ACE will add FOV settings to mitigate this advantage. Simple fix as washuu said. 

It looks amazing though! If I could, I'd be running a setup like that! 

I don't think it's such a big deal as to make the game fail. Not nearly as big of a deal as giving VIP a distinctive competitive advantage would be. I mean, yea sure, it gives an advantage. And hopefully ACE will add FOV settings to mitigate this advantage. Simple fix as washuu said. 

It looks amazing though! If I could, I'd be running a setup like that! 

Here's an example of how cool it feels. The first time I climbed one of those steep, narrow mountain peaks in CF, I literally had to stop and gather myself for a second. 

And I'm not even afraid of heights IRL. It was genuinely scary for a minute.

edit: in full 3D or VR I might have panicked, actually.

Edited by coolwaters

I disagree. In my view, attempting to limit amazing features because some players aren't able to afford the hardware to take advantage of them is the nonsense here.  And it's basic human nature at its best.

I'm not talking down to anyone save the few who literally argue that because they don't feel like paying for better hardware, everyone else should be forced to do without as well.

Hopefully they have more options to compensate for the advantage this brings, but if not, people will either live with it or not.

No one is "forced" to do anything, it's a game.

Unfortunately, they might have a hard time hyping this one as being a skill based product when so far money/time seem to have more importance.

How many people want to play a competitive game that rewards those that spend more? Plenty, but most are F2P models that don't even attempt to hide what they are.

Hopefully they have more options to compensate for the advantage this brings, but if not, people will either live with it or not.

No one is "forced" to do anything, it's a game.

Unfortunately, they might have a hard time hyping this one as being a skill based product when so far money/time seem to have more importance.

How many people want to play a competitive game that rewards those that spend more? Plenty, but most are F2P models that don't even attempt to hide what they are.

Even LoL can be accused of being P2W.  

If you have the money you can get all the good and expensive runes, which you need to be competitive, without spending countless hours trying to get them the free way.

If you have money you can get all the champs, which you need in order to become familiar with them enough to be at least good against them.

If you have money you can afford a better internet connection, better keyboard, better mouse, better graphics card, better CPU, better..... I think you get the point.

Plenty of people get by, HAVE FUN, and compete in with in their own way and do well with lesser gear.

Bottom line, if anyone thinks that money doesn't add an advantage, they are kidding themselves.  If widescreen is an advantage and you personally NEED to be competitive, sacrifice something else and upgrade. 

I don't think people will care nearly as much about this, if the game is fun, competitive or not.  P2W phobia is not nearly as big a thing for most as some people make it out to be.

To set the context, I dont have a setup anything like that of Coolwaters.

But, isnt people griping about this, the same as griping about how some people can run a game on ultra settings, with maximum draw distance, because they've got two 1080's running in SLI? 

I also want that advantage of loading a player, before they load me on screen. But, I'm not going to get that if I'm running this on a potato, right?

Edited by daworf

"Proud" owner of the domains : http://www.crowfall2.com and http://www.guinecean.com

To set the context, I dont have a setup anything like that of Coolwaters.

But, isnt people griping about this, the same as griping about how some people can run a game on ultra settings, with maximum draw distance, because they've got two 1080's running in SLI? 

I also want that advantage of loading a player, before they load me on screen. But, I'm not going to get that if I'm running this on a fkin potato, right?

Not quite the same thing. 

I don't think people will care nearly as much about this, if the game is fun, competitive or not.  P2W phobia is not nearly as big a thing for most as some people make it out to be.

I agree, also why I expect to see more "convenience/advantage" items for sale in the shop. Interesting to see the Relics tab join the store.

Hopefully they add "And how much MONEY I spend" to their initial hype statement...

"I want to play a GAME, against PLAYERS where my actions, my decisions and my SKILL will determine if I win or lose."

Obviously money/time will always play a part, but they do have a bit more value in an OW PVP game with potential greater loss that a few points on a ranking system.

Without matchmaking-leaderboards and systems trying to balance it out, not sure how "fun" people will find going up against those that have an non-skill provided advantage. Unlike a "P2W" F2P game, no amount of time played or effort will earn someone 2 extra monitors that provide situational advantage.

Is what it is. Might buy a 3rd monitor myself which I could use for other things, but as is, won't be giving ACE anymore money. They sold it as a B2P game where skill matters over active training, sub perks, gear, and other such things, I'll see how far it takes me.

Edited by APE

The problem with the argument that the game shouldn't be limited to a, let's say, "low tier" of hardware, is that there is a point of diminishing returns (in revenue) where it no longer makes sense.  It would be awesome if this game was fully VR, with body sensors, and whatever else...for the 5 people that would be playing it.

The VR analogy is also deficient in the sense that, in VR, you have to turn your head to see things.   It isn't displayed at a distance in front of you, to take in all three monitors worth of vision simultaneously.  A more fitting analogy to turning your head in VR is using mouselook--not 3 monitors with simultaneously accessible 180+ degree FoV.  I mean, add a 4th monitor showing what's behind you at the same time.  You can turn to look behind you in VR, so why not?

I don't care what people can afford to use, or if ACE decides to cater to high end customers; plenty of other companies do it, e.g. Bentley et al.  But, if they want to make more money, they won't design with a mind toward only high end customers being competitive in a competition-based game.  I'd be willing to bet the people that buy Bentleys are rarely playing video games.  If CF does turn into a rich man's MMO, I say more power to the players that can afford it, at that point.  They should probably be doing some prayers that the population can sustain their fun, however.

Edited by mourne

"Food for the crows..."    Nobuo Xa'el

cdinUTh.png

I've stopped using it for the most part. It looks glorious, but I can't record while it's on and worse, I can't use 2 of my monitors for my other accounts. Not sure why yet.

Having played with it extensively, it just ain't that big a deal. I don't even notice when it's not on. But when it is on, it's just beautiful. I'd definitely use it when I wanted to be immersed completely. 

It's definitely beautiful and bad ass immersion. 

IMO all it would take in CF to balance would be a FOV slider, or a cap on how many degrees of vision is accessible in multi-monitor setups.

"Food for the crows..."    Nobuo Xa'el

cdinUTh.png

I dont see a problem with it. I play in 4k so i doubt i will spend the money to run tri 4k monitor, let alone the hardware cost.

I think it gives a great immersive experience.

Any advantage gained is easily offset by not being a potato and looking left and right from time to time, you know, like you're playing a open pvp game.

CfWBSig.png