Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A little bit of PvP

Rhast

Looking for constructive feedback on the content and quality of what I put together.

Disclaimer: I'm still terrible at PvP. 

https://youtu.be/0e2usUctM9g   [6  Feb] - Knight Redux!

No armor

Sword/Shield crafted w/ Slag from PvE server

https://youtu.be/ceZbo8Rfv5c    [29 Jan] - The Myrmidon

Blue quality weapon (+slashing dmg) & armor (+attack pwr) (chainmail)

[Archived, see YouTube channel]

Edited by Rhast

did you use advanced gear? if yes try to find some people that have similar equipment

the music was good, i think its easy to overdoo it in short clips but i really liked your choice

some of the clips were just you jumping on someone farming and they died without really fighting back, try to include some (more) "real" duels

i personally like 1v2s but thats just a preference i guess, duels itself are fine as well

think about excluding you looting random stuff from your victims, really adds not much to the video itself

Edited by elvo

6XZoThV.jpg

elvo, thanks for the feedback.

My gear is one step past basic. Grey/white quality with some stats but nothing to really brag about.  (That said, crafted weapons even grey/white do about double the damage of basic weapons)

So far I don't have a many 'fair' fights on capture. It just always seems to work out that you either get the jump on someone, or someone gets the jump on you. But I'll try :3

and yes I agree, the "loot window" is generally just the point where I move to a different clip. I may cut it a bit shorter.

Again, thanks

I really loved the Knight video with several clips of five of you beating down one person, but it was a little too sporting as some of them had gear.

Could you please make a sequel which your group camps a graveyard killing unarmed players next?

You know, I think I can oblige. /sarcasm

PVP happens, and very rarely on equal or fair terms. Having been rolled over by groups, the only real argument is that if you don't like it, then don't play.

Otherwise, do what I do. Laugh it off and get back out there.

I happen to find it more interesting than posting videos of gathering ore and raging at losing items to the take bug. Though I have some of those in the works too.

Edited by Rhast

Added a link to my video of Druid / Confessor duo fights in the OP.

Mostly healing since Druid DPS is lacking (tried some all the same lol). Short, but hopefully a good video showing off very mobile fights against another Druid / Confessor duo. 

GF Nightwolfz & Lucyfurr

As always, constructive criticism and feedback are always welcome.

Edit: Yes, I'm aware my mic was in a bad spot :(  sorry

Edited by Rhast

Nice vid Rhast! Lots of fun dueling on Monday with you and the others hanging out, super chill. I will say tho, in that fight during fessor/druid, you mitigated your crash with C even when no one was around. It didn't really matter but it's a good habit to get into if you can mitigate with 2 and save you C to, at this point in BW, one shot someone later in the fight to do it.

That crash at the end is so embarrassing on my part...But tbh with you, my gf and I already watched that entire season of scrubs. Worth it :D

Nice vid tho, subbing to ya for whenever you put out some more vids.

Edited by Jjohnsin

Nice vid Rhast! Lots of fun dueling on Monday with you and the others hanging out, super chill. I will say tho, in that fight during fessor/druid, you mitigated your crash with C even when no one was around. It didn't really matter but it's a good habit to get into if you can mitigate with 2 and save you C to, at this point in BW, one shot someone later in the fight to do it.

That crash at the end is so embarrassing on my part...But tbh with you, my gf and I already watched that entire season of scrubs. Worth it :D

Nice vid tho, subbing to ya for whenever you put out some more vids.

Thanks! Was a great way to end the weekend test dueling with you and the others.

About using the C ability to mitigate. You're right, I've realized that if the timer is below a certain point I tend to use C because it's instant cast. Will probably bite me on the arse if I stay with Myrm

The few duels we had, that one had the least lag and was the most interesting visually to watch. Though the others where we kept using the net at same time and rooted each other outside melee range were funny.

Thanks for the sub! Will hopefully be able to come up with something each playtest and yes, Scrubs is a great show. o7

Edited by Rhast

The few duels we had, that one had the least lag and was the most interesting visually to watch. Though the others where we kept using the net at same time and rooted each other outside melee range were funny.

Thanks for the sub! Will hopefully be able to come up with something each playtest and yes, Scrubs is a great show. o7

Yah looking at my footage that was the best as well. Lots of good back and forth with it...Missing my C really threw me off tho.

Btw, what software are you using to put your footage together? I really like those little info plates you have in the bottom left corner that show who you're fighting, etc. Looks really nice

I record the footage with OBS and use Davinci Resolve 12 by BlackMagic Design to edit. It's free and works well once you get comfortable with the features.

The info plates are just text overlays that I gave some opacity and a border to then resized and moved.

Am on mobile, I'll post a link to the software when I'm home later.

EDIT: As promised

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/davinciresolve

Edited by Rhast