Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Auroch Stitched Leather

DTAltair

So, I am making an Excel Spreadsheet for a bunch of recipe stuff (I don't know if there are any out there already, but I also like to make my own). Last week I finished up testing Stitched Leather with the Specialty seal of Crafting Seal. They all give bonuses expect for Auroch + Auroch + Auroch + Crafting Seal. It literally gives no bonuses, while every single other one gives bonuses. Is that just an oversight? (I'm OCD about recipes and such if you couldn't tell)

EDIT: Tried it with the Jewelcrafting Seal as well, no bonuses for that either. So is 3 Auroch + X Seal always give no bonus?

Edited by DTAltair

- From DT, with love and adoration.

Auroch x3 gives no bonus when used in stitched leather, but in certain other recipes it gives stamina. don't ask me why (and in which recipes, I forgot, sorry), but probably really an oversight. I hate it, personally.

Trying to outfit a zentaur from my community......-.-

Let me sing you a song / Of a world that just vanished / Of a story that ended to soon
Let me bring you a cup / Make a toast to the living / And a toast to the legends we share

my "research" confirmes this, 3x auroch in stitched leather gives no bonus whatsoever (had 115/50 durability crafted with green leather tho...)

stitched leather: patchwork leather (auroch, elk, bear) gives bonus attack power tho

6XZoThV.jpg

No bonus for me either. Can I aks what bonuses are crafting seals supposed to give? It has been always giving a crafting time to me only.

Here take a look at this:

crowfall_stiched_progress.png

This is all of the possible combinations (at least I believe so, it got confusing) for all the Stitched Leather + Crafting Seal.

This is all of the possible combinations (at least I believe so, it got confusing) for all the Stitched Leather + Crafting Seal.

This is indeed confusing.

Just so I understand, you combined 3 leather, as shown in yellow, with a crafting seal? Just the normal crafting, or one specific (woodworking, blacksmithing...)?

Edited by Akineko

Let me sing you a song / Of a world that just vanished / Of a story that ended to soon
Let me bring you a cup / Make a toast to the living / And a toast to the legends we share

This is indeed confusing.

Just so I understand, you combined 3 leather, as shown in yellow, with a crafting seal? Just the normal crafting, or one specific (woodworking, blacksmithing...)?

Yes, this is just with the Crafting Seal. However, after further testing, it seems that whatever seal you use only matters for the first 5, the 3 of a kind + Seal (Except for Auroch for whatever reason). Yesterday I tested with the Jewelcrafting Seal and it only the first 5 were different. From the 2 + 1 and down, they all came out to the same recipes. Doing more work on it today, but I would put money on that all the seals act the same way. First 5 matter, anything else is the same. 

You are missing a few - the 3 stamina-related ones for example.

Which ones did I miss?

I'm going to have to test it myself to be able to tell you. I use different people's resource pages and they have different results for the same materials. For example, one shows Auroch Auroch Bear as being Combat Stam Regen, and you have it as Combat Health Regen. Unless I see it in game myself, at this point I can't speak definitively on it. I can say, you have no stam regen in your list, and there are combat and non combat forms, plus a basic stam pool buff - so some are missing. :)

Hmmm. Interesting. One thing that I didn't do much testing with is if the order matters, but I wouldn't think it would. So like 1 + 2 instead of 2 + 1. Do let me know some results you find out or such, I'm gonna test more today and see what the Crafting Seal comes up with again in different variations. 

I can say, you have no stam regen in your list, and there are combat and non combat forms, plus a basic stam pool buff - so some are missing. :)

As far as I know, Auroch shpuld be stam - as mentioned above.

One thing that I didn't do much testing with is if the order matters, but I wouldn't think it would. So like 1 + 2 instead of 2 + 1.

Shouldn't matter because.....triangle. which one is 1? which are the 2's? if they al were in a row, ok. but we have a circular/triangle input form

Shouldn't matter because.....triangle. which one is 1? which are the 2's? if they al were in a row, ok. but we have a circular/triangle input form

Yeah that is what I though. Tested it, didn't matter. And yeah, I am pretty sure Stam is supposed to be there with Auroch, it may have changed in a recent patch, and now either the database is wrong, or the recipe lists are wrong.

After some other testing, 3 Auroch + Seal DOES have bonuses. Each Seal switches it up between what gives what. There will always be 3 of the 5 that will give bonuses straight to that seal. For example: Blacksmithing Seal + 3 Cat = Blacksmithing Crafting Speed. Seal + 3 Auroch = Blacksmithing Experimentation. Seal + 3 Elk = Blacksmithing (general). The other two will always be things like + Attack Power, or + Resource. It just seems with Auroch, some of the functionality has been lost or changed. Testing it further with 2 + 1, nothing is changed no matter what seal has been used. 

The other two will always be things like + Attack Power, or + Resource.

So Boar & Bear just give their own (Leather) Boost.....mh. But there's not really more you can boost anyways, I guess xD

Thanks for the experiments :)

I just made a pause - it's really depressing to loose your blue leather body part with all additionall layers to the hunger (crafting take bug) -.-

So Boar & Bear just give their own (Leather) Boost.....mh. But there's not really more you can boost anyways, I guess xD

Thanks for the experiments :)

I just made a pause - it's really depressing to loose your blue leather body part with all additionall layers to the hunger (crafting take bug) -.-

Yeah each do have their own bonus (Except for Auroch) if they are not tethered to the Specialty Seal.

Indeed :) I do thoroughly enjoy doing them :)

Yes. Yes it is. Had a friend quit for today after he lost a staff to failure and 3 others to the take bug. It hurts deep for sure. 

Damn. Did some experimenting: the seal changes not only regarding the ore-input, but also the stone-input.

Still missing one stone, but yeah......to much options xD

Marble Copper - Crafting seal

Marble Silver - Runemaking seal

Marble Gold - Alchemy seal

Marble Iron - Enchanting seal

Marble Tin - Necromancy seal

Slate Tin - Crafting seal

Slate Silver - Woodworking seal

Slate Gold - Jewelcrafting seal

Slate Iron - Blacksmithing seal

Slate Copper - Stonemason seal

Granite Tin - Prospecting seal

Granite Silver - Crafting seal

Granite Iron - Chopping seal

Granite Gold - Crafting seal

Granite Copper - Mining seal

Cobblestone Tin - Crafting seal

Cobblestone Silver - Woodworking seal

Cobblestone Gold - Jewelcrafting seal

Cobblestone Iron - Blacksmithing seal

Cobblestone Copper - Crafting seal

Limestone Tin - Crafting seal

Limestone Silver - Crafting seal

Limestone Gold - Crafting seal

Limestone Iron - Crafting seal

Limestone Copper - Crafting Seal

And then you can combine those with different leathers/ ores to get differentiated effects:

3x3 Iron +Prospecting Seal = Plethora of Dust: Stone

3x3 Tin + Prospecting Seal = Beneficial Harvest Power: Stone

3x3 Silver + Prospecting Seal = Benevicial Harvest Chance: Stone

3x3 Gold + Mining Seal = Harvest critical Amount: Ore

3x3 Copper + Mining Seal = Harvest critical Chance: Ore

So. Just an example. So many possibilities xD

Edited by Akineko

Yeah all you are missing with the Travertine is the Skinning and Leatherworking Seals.

If you are interested in all the combinations, I finished all of the Stitched Leather combos with the current database if you want to take a look.

that would be awesome :D

I was really shocked when I started to experiment and found that there's seals for every f*cking crafting division -.-

Did you post the link somewhere? Did I miss it? xD

Guys, this is a good thing. The more complicated the system is up-front, the longer it will take people to perfect it. That translates into a longer shelf life for the game. Also, the complexity of the crafting system controls EVERY aspect of the gameplay and balancing. It's like Diablo 2s itemization without the randomness.

Guys, this is a good thing. The more complicated the system is up-front, the longer it will take people to perfect it. That translates into a longer shelf life for the game. Also, the complexity of the crafting system controls EVERY aspect of the gameplay and balancing. It's like Diablo 2s itemization without the randomness.

Agreed. Right now we're all hard at work experimenting with different combinations of materials and building databases for later reference. Trade secrets won't really be a thing, but I love the idea of actually needing to have "stock" of pre-made bits so that when a client wants an item with specific stats, you have the subcomponents to build it already on hand.

Edited by Rhast