• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rhast

Where is the interest in crafting professions? [POLL]

Crafting Profession Interest  

118 members have voted

1. 1. I am a crafter, and I want to be a/an [ ] more than anything else

As the title suggests, I want to know where people will gravitate crafting wise.

The areas that interest me as a player the most involve the crafting of weapons, armor, and fortifications. Though it brings up the question of what will be rushed for by the most players? Because market saturation is bad.

For example, will players rush Blacksmithing to get good weapons and armor... or Stonemason to build early fortifications. 

Now I know that some will go each direction, I just wonder which profession will be more saturated.

So let's make it a poll.

Edited by Rhast

The other proffesion which hasn't got much traction in the skills tree is cooking. Food supply will be important.

Agreed, very much so.  Added Chef to the poll.

Come winter, being able to do more with scraps and poor quality food-stuffs will be necessary to a win.

Edited by Rhast

It kinda depends, because if you want to make top tier stuff, you will either have to have some skill in everything, or will have to go to other people anyways, so I don't see much "market saturation".

For example: The bow you can currently make, it touches primarily in Woodworking, but it also touches in Leatherworking as well as Blacksmithing. So you will need a LW and a BS to make the best WW Bow you can make since you will only be able to produce Unskilled items of the LW and BS items. 

- From DT, with love and adoration.

I am probably either going blacksmithing or necromancy seeing as blacksmithing gives you access to two different armor types and various weapon crafting options. Necromancy depending how many options are in crafting vessels.

Lf6MJUL.png

Right now my interest is in tailor because it doesn't seem to exist within the game concept as it stands. If it ends up being similar to SWG where it allows for cosmetic changes to be made and custom clothes with sockets and stats, it will be very in demand.

The problem with choosing at this stage is that all the hype professions are based on speculation or forum coverage. I'd be willing to bet 80% of people are going to choose something they've played in another game or something like necromancy because it sounds cool.

I'm going to base my final decision on whatever nobody else wants to do. I'll probably end up being a farmer.

I'd actually be interested in trying most of the crafting professions. I know it's cool having just one job that you're the best at but well...I myself like to multi task and try to do more then one thing. Not saying I want to do everything, but having two fields that go together does seem more profitable. Also not a lot of people want to be jewel crafters, maybe because they haven't come to the test yet? 

Also if you're say a Alchemist would you only specialize in one kind of potion or have a wider mastery of the craft? Just asking because i'm a little confused about that

An alchemist would be the crafter for all potions/flask types, kind of the way that the Necromancer is (assumed) to be the crafter for all vessel types.

I've been either a cook or an alchemist in every mmo I've played (baring the ones that didn't have those professions).  Guess I gotta find a new job.  My primary account will be mostly focused on vessel making, as vessels seem to be one of the most important pieces of equipment you can have.  My secondary account will be focused on skills that improve me EK (construction and parcel improvement).  Although those are not yet implemented.

I selected tailor as I liked the profession in other games, I have yet to actually play this yet though so hopefully in a few months my beta test group will be able to play.

During the live stream on the 18th, ACE remarked that while they would 'like' to include a tailoring profession they just don't know where the cloth would be used or fit into Crowfall's current development state. I'd be hesitant to bank on Tailoring, it may well be written off or left to post-launch content.

I've been either a cook or an alchemist in every mmo I've played (baring the ones that didn't have those professions).  Guess I gotta find a new job.  My primary account will be mostly focused on vessel making, as vessels seem to be one of the most important pieces of equipment you can have.  My secondary account will be focused on skills that improve me EK (construction and parcel improvement).  Although those are not yet implemented.

Similar to the above quote, but in opposite terms. During the live stream, they made it very clear that Necromancy would rely heavily on Alchemy. Though as of the snap test Alchemy wasn't its own crafting profession.

We'll just have to wait and see how things develop over the next few iterations.

About ten days in and it looks like a reasonably fair split.

I must say I'm surprised to see Leatherworking lagging behind.

Tell your friends to vote! The more votes, the more 'accurate' the results.

Post Livestream update:   It looks like Alchemy is a big in, but Tailoring will likely be out (or put on the back burner)

Edited by Rhast

Personally, my interest in crafting was eaten by the take bug. I'll let you know when I've made a replacement.

Edit: less sarcastically, chef. They've started to add cooking recipes to the Explorer section of the skill trees.

Edited by goose

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle#Pre-alpha <--this is where we are. If your complaint is that the game don't not works good, come back later.

newb here, what will we be able to cook? in other games food often was the same as alchemy, just something to consume that gives you buffs.

in this game food seems to have the main purpose to saturate hunger. so will cooking just mean you can make better stuff than apples? doesnt sound too appealing to me :/

I'm waiting for Animal Husbandry to come out. I plan on doing that for release. I loved CH in SWG and I hope it will be somewhat similar. :)

No "all of the above" answer? :P

I'm still trying to get into the right mindset for material focused crafting as apposed to item based.

My natural inclination is "I want to craft the best archery equipment available" but that actually requires wood, blacksmithing and leather... 

I think I'm actually going to end up focusing on runemaking to start... (with woodworking secondary)

Edited by ledeir

I placed my vote as Runemaker but it will be interesting to see how early game goals may transition to multi-class approach based on guild needs, campaign goals, and personal interests.  I'm thinking a 2 harvest/primary craft/secondary craft which are complementary--but what would best progression path be for that approach?

There are other crafting roles which aren't presented in the poll--leadership and mass production--which may reward more of a generalist approach depending on how CF implements factories and leadership.