Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
IdeaMatrix

Quick craft option

Just an idea that might be useful to some people.

Why not make a quick craft option that will auto-populate your UI with any materials in your inventory (you could have it select the best, worst or random). This would allow people who don't feel like spending the time to experiment an option to speed through the process. I could see this being useful for making tools or low quality throw away gear.

You could also give players a way to save templates or "load-outs" which mimic a certain set of perameters (ex. Always spend all crafting points on durability or damage etc)

If this seems like too much of a convenience, a simple "craft last item" button would also be helpful in small production for when you need to make a lot of the same item but, you can't use a factory.

We see versions of all of these suggestions in games that Crowfall borrow from like UO and SWG and these could even be a custom part of a tool bench if you want to restrict its use in the field.

Thoughts?

Sounds like a decent suggestion. Especially at the beginning of a world when you have to make a lot of things for a lot of people and you don't particularly care about quality, being able to say "Make another iron bar, and another, and another" would save time. The RNG would be the same, but you wouldn't have to repeat the same button clicks over and over and over.

Kith, the biggest difference is that blueprints require you to use the exact same item type to fulfill, a good amount of experimentation and a significant investment to make useful. This is just an "I don't care, whatever works" way to skip over the details and just get an item made.

Just an example, let's say you enter a new campaign world and youre the main crafter for your guild. You need to make 27 sets of junk grey tier gear for your guild members. You don't want to import random low tier resources and all you can't make blueprints because your ore is random. Do you sit through crafting all of the individual items and all of the crafting point additions when you're planning on replacing it anyways?

Why not just have a button that plops some mats in the grinder and dumps out random quality items? You're not cheating the system and technically you're sacrificing quality for speed.

The downside is, it's more development time. The upside is, it gives players a way to skip over some potentially frustrating experiences.

I support this idea. I could see it useful to me in the following,

Example:

I need 10 skins to make a piece of something, I want to make 3 of those, and have 10 grey quality, 25 white quality, 4 green quality and 2 blue quality. I don't feel like collecting blues/Greens or going out to get more white quality skins at the moment. I just want to make a piece of gear. 

"Whatever works button" > Warning message: "Quality will be of lowest material quality" > "Adjust slider bar  White<X<Blue ( To leave out grey)  > How many would you like? > 3 > Make.

This sounds a lot like you don't like the crafting the way it is. If you have to make 27 junk armor/weapons, then a blueprint would work better - just use all junk ore If you really want to use blues and such on junk items, I'll be sure to trade you junk ore for it

Blueprints are only usable if your materials match the same serial number as the original item (similar to SWG. This means you must have a sizable stack of the same type and quality and a factory thrall (which may have placement and durability restrictions). Also, the blueprint itself may cost additional resources and have a built in durability.

The crafting system is perfect for its main purpose which is to let players take ultimate control over every aspect of an item. The problem is, there is no way to opt out of this process. In SWG, the experimentation phase was something to opted into. I'm asking for them to make it possible to opt out of it.