Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dustydrool187

Expectation of game and current progress

At the moment I haven't logged in for a 2 months and was excited to see the templar after they announced it BUT no templar....... I want to just say this now so i can be the first.

With games that are in "PRE" Alpha or Early start we as gamer's are players of MMO's are getting custarded left and right. We only expect what we have been told and artcraft is already blowing their promises. This game will never be fully done artcraft will continue to siphon money from investors and have another failed game. The complete concept that you advertised and this so called test is just so far behind I have little to no hope for this big turd of a game, and its not even a polished turd. 

All that has been added is some crappy banking system that doesn't condone any survival or risk vs reward game loop and a few mountains? Who is honestly in charge of this and how much money have you guys got from detonators to contribute to this "progress you have made absolutely pathetic and no excuse to be fund raising a product that you're setting on fire.

Good luck on this soft launch.... yet another way to throw gas on this fire

Wow, after two whole months the game hasn't developed quickly enough for you, so you make an unlettered rant about how it's going to fail?

Regardless, thanks for your financial contribution to help create a game the rest of us can enjoy.  I guess it's back to Call of Duty for you.  They develop those pretty quickly, you get a new one every year!

Edited by nightwolfz

Sigh, people need to stop buying early access or any sorta alpha if they clearly dont know what they are getting into

pre-alpha version ‎(plural pre-alpha versions) A program or application that is not feature-complete and is not usually released to the public. Developers are usually still deciding on what features the program should have at this status.

Edited by krevra

krevra.png

This game will never be fully done artcraft will continue to siphon money from investors and have another failed game.

Well it is an mmo. Typically these games are NEVER truly "done". I'm pretty critical of the devs, but I think most of what you wrote is nonsense. If we get to soft launch and the game still resembles "big world" maybe you'll have a point; but right now nop.

You comment about things like the spirit bank, but you have to realise this is the FIRST iteration of it. Development is all about constant iteration. The spirit bank will neither look nor function anything close to the way it does now upon soft launch.

Edited by helix

Pledging to this effort buys you a seat at the table, and even a voice. I think you are right to raise any concerns on what's being done with your money versus any commitments that were made... but rude is just rude, and in my opinion, not very constructive.

*yawn* Imagine how those of us who have been with this game since the Kickstarter feel.  You are just a naive little child who dipped his toes in the chilly waters for the first time. We've been swimming in it for years. 

The pace of game development isn't good enough for you? I don't recall them making any promises, only best guesses. This is the quality of posts I've come to expect from the forums lately though. Kudos to keeping up that image for me.

You are just telling the op to shut up because he doesnt think like you do and trying to raise his concern about a failure. That's not how it's done mate. If you have a logical and valid argument to state, you can. If not, do not insult people and do not expect people to be quiet about this obvious failure becuase you want them to be. It's not going to happen.

Edited by thekid

I mean, we have no access to ACE's development time line, it would be nice to have it but we dont. So calling something a failure based on your own expectations is a little narrow.

They admitted that Combat took alot longer then they had originally plan, they lost alot of time with it but were honest with it.

Also, their testing model may be off putting. They dont put new stuff in the test servers for us to test as they create it, while it may be assumed that this is the type of testing that there was going to be, i -think- this was the wrong assumption.

Hence we went from Hunger Dome to big world with harvesting and crafting almost overnight. They do tons and tons of development that we never see until they are ready for us to test it and give feedback on it.

They dont spend tons of times tweaking things in OUR test environment to the suffrage of other big milestones, that would only work with a bigger crew.

So the side effect is that we feel that theres no development progress, when in fact its just not shown to us.

I may be wrong of course, but i base this off of the hungerdome to big world transition. 

Edited by Vectious

CfWBSig.png

Yep some of these new posters and players need to put their money where there mouth is. If truly disappointed and dismayed by delays and development cycles then ask for a refund and move on or come back later.

That remedy is strictly an ACE public relations decision, they have no obligation to return anything, as every who pledges aggress to.

Terms and conditions.

However, you acknowledge and agree that unforeseen events may extend the development and/or production time of such Estimated Delivery Date and that such Estimated Delivery Date is an estimate and is not a promise by Art+Craft. For the avoidance of doubt, in consideration of Art+Craft’s good faith efforts to develop, produce, and deliver the Game, you agree that any pledge amounts shall be non-refundable regardless of whether or not Art+Craft is able to complete and deliver the Game.

We are investors in a dream, not a finished product.  The rules are different, and many a dream has taken everyone's money with it when it didn't pan out. You know who get's their money back in those cases, nobody. Hell even the funding round has the "you may get nothing" caveat.

Since OP hasn't elected to use any forum badges, for all we know he's in for 5$ just to cause a stir every once in a while, and doesn't even have first hand in game play time.

EDIT: As I suspected, just looked up the account and posts, and every one on the first page is him calling someone an idiot or some other derogatory comment.

100% pure troll, time to stop feeding it.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

You are just telling the op to shut up because he doesnt think like you do and trying to raise his concern about a failure. That's not how it's done mate. If you have a logical and valid argument to state, you can. If not, do not insult people and do not expect people to be quiet about this obvious failure becuase you want them to be. It's not going to happen.

He's not really trying to do that though (raise concerns). That would take actual constructive actionable feedback ACE can use. There's is nothing of the sort in the OP. "This sucks/is lame/is stupid" isn't really useful feedback, fyi. As said above pretty sure that is just a troll account.

Expecting posters to man up and stand behind their statements, accusations and assumptions isn't an insult or attack.

Edited by pang

Wow, after two whole months the game hasn't developed quickly enough for you, so you make an unlettered rant about how it's going to fail?

Regardless, thanks for your financial contribution to help create a game the rest of us can enjoy.  I guess it's back to Call of Duty for you.  They develop those pretty quickly, you get a new one every year!

Every person who financially contributes has my thanks. This project, and it is a project, is still far from completion.

It makes me think, have these people "played" any pre-alphas before? Crowfall is much closer (yet still far away) from being a whole game than some steaming pile of hot messes ive encountered.

I dont log on to crowfall and think, geeesh ill be back in 6 months.

Archetypes I am Interested in: Templar, Legionnaire, Myrmidon, Confessor.
Also, Looking for a Guild, preferably Oceanic but also US West works best for me. (Misery)

Millennials:

Psychologist Jean Twenge described Millennials as "Generation Me" in her 2006 book Generation Me: Why Today’s Young Americans Are More Confident, Assertive, Entitled—and More Miserable Than Ever Before 

you may not like the thread you dont have to comment if it doesn't refrain to the topic or question. Dont be sad that what I've said is true and Artcraft is being lack luster in their vision and expectations to the customer/community.  

Good luck on this soft launch.... yet another way to throw gas on this fire

Can I have your stuff?

If this is a serious issue in your life, you really need to expand your options.

If you have a way for them to magically produce what you want, when you want it, please provide the secret. If not, what's the point?

Stating what you find to be "true" doesn't change anything.

I'd like the game to be finished and something I enjoy, but I live in reality and have followed it from the start. There isn't a lot of confusion as to why they are where they are.

If you are able to see into the future, please PM me future winning lottery numbers. Thanks.

While we welcome constructive feedback, this isn't constructive. We understand that some people have concerns and we're happy to address them when they are presented in a way that makes that possible, i.e. specific questions and comments rather than a broad condemnation of "This won't work." 

Please take a few minutes to check out the Rules of Conduct, specifically the section about the forum rules and especially the section there about trolling. For the sake of convenience, I've pasted it below. 

This thread is locked now. 

Do not troll or make personal attacks

Trolling, demeaning and making personal attacks on others, in any form, is not allowed. Per Wikipedia, "a troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion, often for their own amusement."

The posters’ intent is not discernible or material to ArtCraft, but the outcomes are. If in our judgement a player is interacting in a way that is provoking overly emotional responses and/or disrupting a constructive conversation, it will be regarded as trolling behavior.

Examples include:

• Non-constructive feedback or comments.
  • Personal attacks: Do not insult, degrade or criticize any person or group of people. Personal attacks derail useful discussion.
  • Attacks on groups: Attacking groups of people, guilds, companies, or user locations, including, but not limited to, home countries, is prohibited.
  • Intolerance/Hate: Attacks specifically regarding race, politics, religion, or sexual orientation are grounds for immediate suspension and possibly a permanent suspension.
  • Excessive Reporting of Posts: Frequently or repeatedly using the report tool to draw attention to a specific cause or individual is considered trolling.
  • Accusing Others of Trolling: Calling or labeling someone as troll or accusing them of trolling is also a form of trolling.
  • Do not publicly share private messages from other users. If someone is harassing you via private message, do not reply but instead contact support@artcraftent.com.

If you feel someone is behaving in a manner that violates the rules, please use the forum's Report tool. Do not engage the person exhibiting these behaviors, as this is often the very response and attention they are seeking. You may also employ the "Ignore Preferences" forum feature (Your Profile > Manage Ignore Prefs) to block posts, signatures and private messages from another user.

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community