Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tierless

Column; Horizontal Harvesting

This week I took a look at the harvesting changes.

"ACE is a developer that is very aware of what they are doing, who they are appealing to and how to get the results they want. They seem to have a firm grasp on how they are going to develop Crowfall. That said change is the only constant. As we’ve seen these games don’t just evolve post launch..."

Link Here

I role play a wordsmith.

This week I took a look at the harvesting changes.

"ACE is a developer that is very aware of what they are doing, who they are appealing to and how to get the results they want. They seem to have a firm grasp on how they are going to develop Crowfall. That said change is the only constant. As we’ve seen these games don’t just evolve post launch..."

Link Here

A good read that expresses many of the same thoughts and opinions from the community here as well.

Also, it sports a comment from JamesGoblin at the bottom which I agree with. Given that some of the core principles of Crowfall (industry, economy, player control of gamespace & resources) are direct comparisons to EVE Online.

On a serious note, reaching EVE numbers would be totally cool.

Edited by Rhast

A good read that expresses many of the same thoughts and opinions from the community here as well.

Also, it sports a comment from JamesGoblin at the bottom which I agree with. Given that some of the core principles of Crowfall (industry, economy, player control of gamespace & resources) are direct comparisons to EVE Online.

They may struggle to reach Eve Online player numbers, if they do it will be awesome!

o8WHnLc.png

THE most active European guild. Join us

now!

I wonder what number ACE needs to stay profitable and what numbers they project. We have what, 20k, 30k? Just in backers. I'd imagine that doubles or triples with a clean well-received launch.

I role play a wordsmith.

I wonder what number ACE needs to stay profitable and what numbers they project. We have what, 20k, 30k? Just in backers. I'd imagine that doubles or triples with a clean well-received launch.

Those numbers are difficult to project.

How many backers will be VIP (primary revenue source for MMO's that don't heavily push a cash shop).

What sort of infrastructure will Crowfall need to run effectively? How much will they virtualize to save on infrastructure costs?

(Servers are expensive, yo)

What sort of load balance/cluster setup will they use. (one physical server =\= one campaign world but rather hosting a handful of smaller-pop campaigns) What is the annual rate of failure of each link in the chain (because servers and routers under heavy use fail, more often than we want to admit)

How much of the above, basic, examples will they shoulder internally? How much will they pay a 3rd party to manage. (PaaS or Iaas)

So many variables that factor in when making cost estimates.

Then you have staff costs.

Then overhead for their offices (rent, utilities, taxes)

etc, etc, etc.

Edited by Rhast