Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

+Crushing damage

Rhast

Hey all,

Was looking over some notes from the playtest this weekend and a few things stood out.

There are some classes (Knight and Champion for example) that have abilities which impart very specific damage types, irrelevant of which type of weapon is equipped. (Supposedly)

The Knight's 4-4-4 combo does crushing damage on the final two stages and so the question comes up.

[EDIT:] Here is the exact layout of abilities and damage types.

[1]       Pursuit: "+91% Weapon damage as Crushing Damage"

[2]       Shield Slam: "+97% Weapon damage as Crushing Damage"

[3]       Shield Swipe: "+107% Weapon damage as Crushing Damage"

[3-3]    Shield Bash: "+124% Weapon damage as Crushing Damage"

[4]       Onslaught: "+73% Weapon damage" ((two attacks))

[4-4]    Brutal Strike: "+170% Weapon damage as Crushing Damage"

[4-4-4] Shockwave: "+177% Weapon damage as Crushing Damage"

[4-E]    Twin Assault: "+51% Weapon Damage" ((two attacks))

[4-E-E] Obliterate: "+47% Weapon Damage" ((three attacks))

[5]        Of Noble Blood: "+70% Weapon Damage"

[6]        Chain Attack: "+153% [bLANK]"

[LMB]   ((All of these deal weapon damage))

The majority of our mana spending abilities deal (Damage) and an additional percentage of our weapon's damage as crushing damage. Has anyone tested using weapons enhanced for this specific stat?

If not, I'll be doing so next play test.

For those curious.

Metal Bar (Used in Weapons)

Copper + Copper + Tin = Heavy Copper Bar = +Crushing Damage

Metal Sheet (Used in Armor)

I have not yet found the +Crushing Damage combination as (Copper + Copper + Tin) = (+Lifesteal)

I'd be very interested in the damage output of a knight using a special weapon and shield (and armor if able) with +crushing damage compared to a sword with +attack power. Assuming both weapons are of roughly equal quality with roughly similar min-max damage values.

Edited by Rhast

Most of the metal rings/sheets are defense oriented.  Your only option would be the reinforced padding slot.  A combination of boar+auroch+auroch hide should give you the crushing damage you want.

Bear this in mind when choosing what type of armor set you want to build.  Plate only has one optional slot that would allow you to add damage types.  Mail has two, since it uses two rings and two reinforced padding.  Leather has four, since both hardened leather (three slots) and reinforced padding (one slot) allow you add damage types.

Have fun with your experiment!

Most of the metal rings/sheets are defense oriented.  Your only option would be the reinforced padding slot.  A combination of boar+auroch+auroch hide should give you the crushing damage you want.

Bear this in mind when choosing what type of armor set you want to build.  Plate only has one optional slot that would allow you to add damage types.  Mail has two, since it uses two rings and two reinforced padding.  Leather has four, since both hardened leather (three slots) and reinforced padding (one slot) allow you add damage types.

Have fun with your experiment!

Thank you!

Planning on using chain armor to see if the below image is still accurate.

Class_Armor%20combo.jpg

20% crit increase? Um, thats pretty awesome. It would be worth focus on stacking critical damage increase. You would easily maintain 30-35% crit chance so stacking crit damage itself would be pretty good.

20% crit increase? Um, thats pretty awesome. It would be worth focus on stacking critical damage increase. You would easily maintain 30-35% crit chance so stacking crit damage itself would be pretty good.

May end up testing that too. :)

Yeah. Though I honestly believe that these AT/Armor combination bonuses may be for testing purposes until advanced ATs comes in. (Swordsman, Crusader, Sentinel)

Edited by Rhast

Yeah. Though I honestly believe that these AT/Armor combination bonuses may be for testing purposes until advanced ATs comes in. (Swordsman, Crusader, Sentinel)

Back when the armor "set bonuses" were put in place ACE said they were a test for future armor enchanting. Hopefully that's still the plan but Enchanting is not currently one of the skill lines in our client, even grayed out.

Hi, I'm moneda.