Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tinnis

Worldmaps and scouting info!

I really like the scouting ideas of bringing the changing map layouts back to base! I think would be really fun.

I would also like to see some kind of map or compass system to "reveal combat areas", to see where beginning fights breakout. (like ESO PVP map has). It helps small nearby groups pinpoint where help is needed. (Mostly for large faction campaigns.)

With this I also hope they change the current "hearing harvesting before seeing player visual" mechanic or atleast reduce the sound draw distance, as the harvesters/gatherers need a survival chance if they successfully see an enemy team approaching them. (Which should be the same time the enemy stumbles upon them by default.) unless enemy is tracking, stealthed, or riding loud mount straight to you.

But I guess we'll get this info when tracking details surface.

Edited by blackfirebird93

Their last idea of scouts bring back info and updating a battle map with snapshots is very cool.  It means that scouts have a constant role throughout the entire campaign, and don't become useless after scouting everything once.  Allows scouts to look for valuable resources at the same time so they can lead a party out to harvest them before the enemy gets a chance to.  I do hope they have a skill tree dedicated towards scouting.

I love the idea of having a wartable map that scouts could update and make for your guild to see. Would be nice to have an impact on your teams info by just walking around :D

I'm actually really interested about the scouting table and bringing back information. I can see someone bringing back crucial information for an upcoming battle, or even change of environment, they not notice it, but someone who looks at the map and see a strategic advantage or loss and then really capture that.

A scouting tree would also be awesome to see. But maybe even put some scouting things into the stealth tree that isn't out yet.