Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Handies

Guild/Nation crest

Not a bad idea. I didnt play shadowbane, so im not sure how good it was, but it does seem simple and easy to see.

Archetypes I am Interested in: Templar, Legionnaire, Myrmidon, Confessor.
Also, Looking for a Guild, preferably Oceanic but also US West works best for me. (Misery)

In the stream  I saw guild like icons next to mob names, from that i can only assume it will be the same thing, it's really the best spot for it other than above and makes it tons easier to see who is allies

krevra.png

In the stream  I saw guild like icons next to mob names, from that i can only assume it will be the same thing, it's really the best spot for it other than above and makes it tons easier to see who is allies

Also on player names during the snap test.  :)

I agree, probably something similar that they would like to do and it does make some small bit of sense. 

Edited by Rhast

I'm more of a guild name than a emblem prefer emblems to go on capes and banners.

D9180B27-227C-42DB-84DF-279CBF439099.jpg

They explained that problem on the stream. It pretty much came down to space. They then mention about having to get an item to bear the crest, which not everyone can use. (No thanks) They also said that they want something that you can quickly identify. 

Edited by Handies

Well, here is to hoping they decide to raise it above the names a little bit.

That's what they had early days in HD from memory then went away. That's cool prefer on side tho.

It would be cool if this was tied to ruleset and could be turned on and off.

I prefer that guild association information not be given too easily and require players to actually have to learn the world around them.

I think ACE has a great design to allow for experimentation with all sorts of convenience features and the removal of them.

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

Few comments

1.  I very much agree that not being able to identify which confessor is "our" confessor is a pain in the butt

2.  This has been part and parcel of combat since time immemorial (Just ask Stonewall Jackson)

3.  I would very much prefer a system in which players used color coordinated tabards or some such to indicate what side they were on (With an option to lie).  

4.  If folks want a more obvious display, allow them to make / equip Sashimono

MAKE HERALDRY MEAN SOMETHING!

WAZ6Fov.png

"The cinnabar is a lie"

Few comments

1.  I very much agree that not being able to identify which confessor is "our" confessor is a pain in the butt

2.  This has been part and parcel of combat since time immemorial (Just ask Stonewall Jackson)

3.  I would very much prefer a system in which players used color coordinated tabards or some such to indicate what side they were on (With an option to lie).  

4.  If folks want a more obvious display, allow them to make / equip Sashimono

MAKE HERALDRY MEAN SOMETHING!

I think games have shifted away from forcing situational awareness on players and I find it really unfortunate.

If crowfall designs in a way that makes players have to be much more aware of their surroundings or they will struggle, I think over time that would create a more skilled playerbase.  There would be a lot of complaining initially from people who are conditioned to convenience, but I think overall things will be better.

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

I like the idea of a guild logo but make the crest smaller and put it next to the nameplates. Both TERA and Black Desert did this very well and it made it easy to see who you were dealing with from afar. I disagree with Viking - knowing who people are is an important part to forming a community and the PvP drama that will fuel a game like this.

Random Google image search results here. Not the best pictures but you get the idea. It looks better visually than a giant crest next to your name, or above your head. I can't stand the above your head stuff that ESO's RvR has.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/d1rVehKEKzo/maxresdefault.jpg

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/uoIn8no_7Nw/maxresdefault.jpg

But you NEED to allow players to put their own designs and pictures in there. Let them upload custom guild logo pictures into the game. Because if all you do is give people some preset designs and colors to go with, not only will it look boring, but everyone will look the same and blend together. If people are allowed to upload custom logos, everyone will stand out much better.

Edited by Leiloni

Use the old SB layout with option to chooose between main guild and sub guilds for which crest you want to see.  Also give us the ability to turn names off completely.  During large group fights I don't need to see a players name if I can see their crest; during scouting and other smaller skirmishes having names turned on could be helpful.

A simple crest to the side gives an easy visual cue to if that person is friend or foe.

lUvvzPy.png

I'm partial to the way TERA and BDO allow custom crests and things. It allows guilds to have their own identity rather than a preset that will be used over and over by multiple guilds and also gives the community a flag to identify certain groups of people easier. 

They could always add a toggle to it for people that don't want to see crests next to other peoples names and have it only display the guild tag or guild name underneath the name. Or an option for all of them. But custom crests I think is a must for a game that is about players creating large settlements and contesting other player guilds/factions etc. 

I'm partial to the way TERA and BDO allow custom crests and things. It allows guilds to have their own identity rather than a preset that will be used over and over by multiple guilds and also gives the community a flag to identify certain groups of people easier. 

They could always add a toggle to it for people that don't want to see crests next to other peoples names and have it only display the guild tag or guild name underneath the name. Or an option for all of them. But custom crests I think is a must for a game that is about players creating large settlements and contesting other player guilds/factions etc. 

Shadowbane had crests that were unique. Once it was on the server, no one else could use the same one.

Shadowbane had crests that were unique. Once it was on the server, no one else could use the same one.

Part of the package perks were for expanded Guild Symbols and expanded Guild Colors.  So I agree with you Handies that I don't think it should be an issue.

We will see 3 levels of guild crests in CF; the first level is the most basic, and will have basic symbols/colors.  My guess is that the most basic level will be used mostly by solo type players that want to have their own guild, or smaller guilds less than say 10 players.  When a guild is serious, then they will move up to the expanded symbols/colors.  Most formal guilds will have their crest made from this pool of choices.  The last level of crest will be the custom made Heraldy, and it may be used by guilds with members who have extra cash, or by alliances that want to fly under 1 banner.

I still have the old symbols folder from SB laying around somewhere; most of those symbols were generic in nature, but stylized specifically (maybe) for SB.  How hard is it really to come up with 100+ symbols for guilds.  Look at EvE's corp logo maker; they have some more ornate symbols that can be layered over one another to create unique logos, then with how you line up colors and and stripes or diagonals, there are a lot of options.  I can't say that I have ever seen where 2 corps share the exact same logo.

I think more importantly that an actual symbol, the colors available, and the how many we have to choose from will be important.  Will we be allowed to have transparency of colors?  I think that colors will be a first indicator of who you are fighting.  It's evident with the screenshot from the OP.  I haven't looked closely at the screenshot since I first posted, but I do remember that one guild was a blue crest, and one guild was a black crest.  Easily identifiable colors matched with a representative symbol can make guild identification quick and painless.

The only thing they could add to the crests idea would be a color scheme around the edge of the crests.  Blue for allies, red for enemies that appear as friends or foe on a guild KOS list.  Then anything not blue or red would be neutral and gray.  Then guilds could choose how to live life in CF; to borrow from EvE, NBSI or NRDS.  NBSI is Not Blue Shoot It - which essentially means everyone but friends are our enemies and you will be attacked by us, if we see you.  NRDS is Not Red Don't Shoot - is the policy that you only attack red players.  If this was implemented, then it makes it even easier on who you should or should not attack based on your own guild policies.

lUvvzPy.png