Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jasta85

Who else is going to be a farmer now?

So, livestream is over (although the sale prices are still up, grab em while you can).  I had a lot of store credit saved up so figured I'd splurge and ended up getting both the largest villa and manor bundles upgrades they had.  with like 20 and 15 farmland parcels each.  I have no idea what farmland is going to be used for (I assume farming) but now I'm considering calling my EK either stardew valley or the farmer's market because I'll probably be spending half my time harvesting crops now.

Anyone else joining the farmer kingdoms after the sale?

So, livestream is over (although the sale prices are still up, grab em while you can).  I had a lot of store credit saved up so figured I'd splurge and ended up getting both the largest villa and manor bundles upgrades they had.  with like 20 and 15 farmland parcels each.  I have no idea what farmland is going to be used for (I assume farming) but now I'm considering calling my EK either stardew valley or the farmer's market because I'll probably be spending half my time harvesting crops now.

Anyone else joining the farmer kingdoms after the sale?

Can you provide cliff notes on farming aspects you saw that made you purchase? Thanks!

Farmland parcels

The original idea behind farmland parcels (also known as tax-free parcels) was to reduce the maintenance costs of stronghold parcels. So, though finally named farmland parcel, they had nothing to do with farming.

In kickstarter some packages included tax-free parcels (starting with 5 for amber, up to 160 for bloodstone -- but this numbers were doubled before the end of KS) and it was said that they would be one of the rare items we won't be able to produce ingame.

After some time of development ACE changed some aspects of maintenance. The maintenance cost will mainly have to be paid for buildings on stronghold parcels. The stronghold parcel just applies a multiplier to the maintenance cost, depending on the type and rank of the stronghold parcels. And as far as we knew, the tax-free parcels will still reduce the maintenance cost up to 0, if enough of them are placed adjacent to the stronghold parcel.

But, that's old plans and after alle the changes, we didn't get news about what those farmland parcel will really do now. So in fact, we don't know anything but the general original idea behind them and that somes aspects changed.

That they are back in the shop seems to be a good sign, though. It may hint that they got more answers now and try to adjust the numbers of existing tax-free parcels. Beside that, regarding crowfall (in my eyes) it always seems to make sense to take a risk in buying something you don't know what it really is. For up to now ACE usually made sure that - however things changed - you always got something that was worth your money. Risk vs. reward, you know.

Farming

Farming has indeed be mentioned some times in the past. The word was that we will be able to farming-like grow plants to more efficiently supply the troops with food. But that's all information about this we got up to now.

2W1ZHpA.jpg

It depends on what you can do with EK resources. I could make the assumption those resources will allow you to build things for your EK. If that is so I'll probably spend a lot of time farming. The EK will be a good distraction when nothing is going on in the dregs.