Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Demarcus

I just pledged and I am excited!

Hello! So I just bought the £59.99 bundle and I'm excited to play the game. I have three questions I would like to be answered:

1) How do I download the game and prepare for the upcoming playtests?

2) I have many friends in the U.S but I am based in the UK, will there be a region lock or can I hop onto the US servers?

3) Is there a RP community in here? As much as I love PvP/crafting/progression I do like to dabble in RP, I would like to meet fellow RPer!s!

1)  I've actually not downloaded it yet, as I intend to test the Eternal Kingdoms like crazy.  Hopefully someone else can fill you in on the specifics.

2)  I'm not entirely sure with this either.  I know that Travanian games (spelling?) is handling European sales, but I'm not sure if this means different servers or not.  It is my personal belief that we will all be able to play together due to us being able to transfer characters between servers.  Splitting a PvP community up too much when there are specific campaign worlds might not be the best idea.  So my guess is that you will be able to play with your friends (even if you have to use U.S. servers; I don't think it's region locked).

3) Forum member Deloria and I are both major RPers, from what I can tell.  She was trying to construct something and has a website at www.crowfallrp.com that you can check out.  She also has a thread on here about the Kingdom she was trying to put together.  It had a lot of OOC elements in it, which I wasn't too keen on, but it was very well thought out.  I've not seen her around lately, but there likely will be RPers (and people who love lore) around.

I may also start an RP EK at some point.  I just have to fiddle with the EK during the tests to see the limits we have before I plan something that I cannot deliver.

At present, I have about 100 parcels, A mountain Citadel, a castle, a large keep, a medium fort, 9 cottages, 3-4 villas, 3 Cathedrals, a bunch of statues, etc. that I'll be using for it.  Cathedral deities will likely be one from Order, Balance and Chaos.  With the God Statue from Kickstarter being Kronos.

May expand on this once I see the EK.  You'd be welcome to use this, or join an RP-PvP guild that I'll be moving over to here.

Edited by Sindothyx

Dare to dream.  Never be satisfied with what is.  We're restricted by time and money.  But if we do not dare to dream, we will never improve efficiently when opportunity strikes.

Each feature has its own meta; it's own audience.  Who prefers simplicity versus intricate complexity?  Who does not?  When does it provide meaningful depth to a specific structure or economy?  Is there a way to implement both?  How many characters will they control?  And their options?

1)Once you bought the bundle, the ACE team will entitle you to download it from here: https://www.crowfall.com/en/client/

2)You can play on US/NA servers, but your ping won't be very convenient. But it is and will be possible as far as I know.

3)Actually alot of CF-players are really up for RPing, our guild for instance likes it as well and will definetly do alot of RPing^^

Edited by Kurotenshikami

Guildbanner4Forummaxsize.png

Thank you for the quick responses! I'm excited to know that RP will be thriving if that's the case as I have RP' for roughly 10 years now. My guild from another game is a group of RPers but we love our RP and we're NA based aside from me. So knowing that we can RP while enjoying PvP is relieving to hear!

I have another question that I wold like to be answered:

What server is the best choice to make, especially as I want to get in touch with the rp community but also have the opportunity to PvP. Eternal Kingdoms sound interesting so I will be reading up on those.

Thank you for the quick responses! I'm excited to know that RP will be thriving if that's the case as I have RP' for roughly 10 years now. My guild from another game is a group of RPers but we love our RP and we're NA based aside from me. So knowing that we can RP while enjoying PvP is relieving to hear!

I have another question that I wold like to be answered:

What server is the best choice to make, especially as I want to get in touch with the rp community but also have the opportunity to PvP. Eternal Kingdoms sound interesting so I will be reading up on those.

I don't think the RP community has really come together to pick where they are going to gather yet.  Though Crowfall has a lot of "servers" that you can freely transfer your crow (your character / account) to and from.  You'll be moving between campaigns and such, and going back to your own server or Eternal Kingdom.  If there are server groupings (as I haven't tested yet, so I don't know), then I don't believe the RP community has chosen one yet.  Though PvP should be abundant no matter what due to you not being restricted to one campaign or EK.  You'll be able to freely visit others if they opened it to the public (the EK owners).

As for Eternal Kingdoms, they're basically like person / guild housing on a grand scale.  You can build kingdoms and place land, mob spawns (within reason), buildings (within limits), etc.  You'll earn the resources to buy these from PvPing or in the crowfall store.

Dare to dream.  Never be satisfied with what is.  We're restricted by time and money.  But if we do not dare to dream, we will never improve efficiently when opportunity strikes.

Each feature has its own meta; it's own audience.  Who prefers simplicity versus intricate complexity?  Who does not?  When does it provide meaningful depth to a specific structure or economy?  Is there a way to implement both?  How many characters will they control?  And their options?

I don't think the RP community has really come together to pick where they are going to gather yet.  Though Crowfall has a lot of "servers" that you can freely transfer your crow (your character / account) to and from.  You'll be moving between campaigns and such, and going back to your own server or Eternal Kingdom.  If there are server groupings (as I haven't tested yet, so I don't know), then I don't believe the RP community has chosen one yet.  Though PvP should be abundant no matter what due to you not being restricted to one campaign or EK.  You'll be able to freely visit others if they opened it to the public (the EK owners).

As for Eternal Kingdoms, they're basically like person / guild housing on a grand scale.  You can build kingdoms and place land, mob spawns (within reason), buildings (within limits), etc.  You'll earn the resources to buy these from PvPing or in the crowfall store.

I see, I see! Well thanks for replying.  I'll let my guys know, this is certainly quite interesting and fun to learn about. Thank you very much :).

Its not that they don't have to pick yet, but its that they don't have to pick.

CF is quite a bit different from that. You don't pick servers you play on, but you actually go to visit different worlds...

The EK (Eternal Kingdom) is where you can build your own place, a guilds place, a community place or even a guildcommunity place, as some projects are in planning. your EK can be huge! Currently I think they are saying its gonna be 20x20 parcels, wich is really really big. Now for the time being the EKs can't be accessed yet, since they are still working on them. You can already buy taxfree cells/houses/relics etc etc in the store. Taxfree means, that they will be permanent and you don't have to take care of them. Thats different from the ones you construct ingame. if you construct taxed parcels/hauses/castles/relics etc ingame, you don't use real money, but you will need alot of ressources to build them. And you will have to pay taxes (ressources I believe) to keep them from decaying.

Thats abit of a different concept from the dying worlds, the campaign worlds. Those are the maps constructed by the devs, that last 1, 3 or 6 months (time of a campaign). In that time those dying maps will undergo the 4 seasons of the year and fractions gods or guilds (depending on the campaign) fight each other in a thronewarlike simulator game, rewarding the successful teams with ressources for their EKs (have a look at the embargo system for that.)

And have a look at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2A0iGyfU0wQ

Btw, I imagine you next question is gonna be about archetypes and characters and so on, so let me give you a brief answer to that as well^^

In CF every account is a crow (immortal) (you should study the pantheon to understand the background) and this crow posesses Vessels (bodies) of for example a druid, or a legionnaire or whatever archetyp you want to play. Now those won't be different characters, but different bodies!!! CF uses a passive skill training system that allows you to train 1 of the 3 skilltrees (crafting/exploration/combat) at a time and 3 archetype skilltrees simultaneously (duelist, champion and knight for example)

But your crow can only be as good as the body it posesses and only use whatever skilly the body it posesses can use...

might be a little confusing. its best if you watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGjBcJVYyqs

Its not that they don't have to pick yet, but its that they don't have to pick.

CF is quite a bit different from that. You don't pick servers you play on, but you actually go to visit different worlds...

The EK (Eternal Kingdom) is where you can build your own place, a guilds place, a community place or even a guildcommunity place, as some projects are in planning. your EK can be huge! Currently I think they are saying its gonna be 20x20 parcels, wich is really really big. Now for the time being the EKs can't be accessed yet, since they are still working on them. You can already buy taxfree cells/houses/relics etc etc in the store. Taxfree means, that they will be permanent and you don't have to take care of them. Thats different from the ones you construct ingame. if you construct taxed parcels/hauses/castles/relics etc ingame, you don't use real money, but you will need alot of ressources to build them. And you will have to pay taxes (ressources I believe) to keep them from decaying.

Thats abit of a different concept from the dying worlds, the campaign worlds. Those are the maps constructed by the devs, that last 1, 3 or 6 months (time of a campaign). In that time those dying maps will undergo the 4 seasons of the year and fractions gods or guilds (depending on the campaign) fight each other in a thronewarlike simulator game, rewarding the successful teams with ressources for their EKs (have a look at the embargo system for that.)

And have a look at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2A0iGyfU0wQ

To add, from what I've been reading the parcels themselves likely won't cost anything.  At least not resource parcels (though you may want to put a mob spawn point on a parcel, which will have upkeep).  Buildings are what will have taxes, and you can lower those taxes by having resource parcels next to them.  The higher the tier of parcel, the higher the multiplier will be for buildings and the like (again brought down by resource and tax free parcels being next to it).

I'm not sure if Strongholds will have upkeep.  I'd imagine not.  There needs to be something to strive for and progress with (for yourself or your guild).  Taxes setting you back on that progression could just make someone not care about progression anymore.  Working for years to get a big strong hold could be fun so long as you aren't always feeling horrible each time you get a setback due to taxes on it (or if it collapses and you just don't want to bother anymore).

Edited by Sindothyx

Thank you all for the responses, this is great insight early into the game. My guild is definitely looking to create their own EK, how we're going to RP that...? We don't know yet but it will be fun!

Welcome to Crowfall!

As a roleplayer myself, I'm always glad to see RP guilds and I hope for the best for you.

The previous posts offer a lot of good information about your questions.

There is actually an RP community building up for Crowfall. I'll edit this post later to provide a link as I'm not at my pc.

Have you decided on how you're going to incorporate the game lore into your guild? Any basic theme preplanned or more of a melting pot guild?

I look forward to seeing you in the field.

Edited by Rhast

Welcome to Crowfall!

As a roleplayer myself, I'm always glad to see RP guilds and I hope for the best for you.

The previous posts offer a lot of good information about your questions.

There is actually an RP community building up for Crowfall. I'll edit this post later to provide a link as I'm not at my pc.

Have you decided on how you're going to incorporate the game lore into your guild? Any basic theme preplanned or more of a melting pot guild?

I look forward to seeing you in the field.

In the previous game, we were in we RP'd as a mercenary company. We're still looking at all the lore possible so we can integrate what we have currently. If not we may start over but keep the name.

I don't want to make a new thread about this so I will piggyback on yours. How do I get my forum badge to display?

Go to the crowfall home page and click on the Account link under your name, then click on Forum Badges.