Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Winterblades vs. Sugoi (12v12 - 3 perspectives)

damebix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mwv5duufkPE

Fights from 1/14/2017 -- 3 perspectives of the same 2 fights.  All cuts are real-time switches between characters.  It was exciting to make this video because we rarely have the footage of the same fights from 3 different perspectives.

Winterblade scouts found Sugoi grouping up in the far north of the map near their keep.  We tracked them down and engaged.  After a clear victory in the first fight, the second fight posed more of a challenge.  We ended up holding the field as Sugoi retreated off to regroup.  They disappeared after that.

Winterblades group consisted of 5 legionnaires, 1 druid, 1 knight, 2 confessors, 3 minotaurs

Sugoi group was a similar setup; more confessors, less minos, and one champion.

Keep the good fights coming.

qMEsHyg.png

www.winterblades.net

Nice battle report.  Can't wait to see a more diverse battlespace but I like the organization to avoid FF.  Would have liked to see my 2EE to dictate positioning from the fessor.  The mino one shots have to go, I get the fessor has some burst but just being 1 shot off the map by an invincible mino really sucks.

What was the idea behind no druid, because aura would have hit your melee?

Edited by facerip

Nice battle report.  Can't wait to see a more diverse battlespace but I like the organization to avoid FF.  Would have liked to see my 2EE to dictate positioning from the fessor.  The mino one shots have to go, I get the fessor has some burst but just being 1 shot off the map by an invincible mino really sucks.

What was the idea behind no druid, because aura would have hit your melee?

We had one druid in group 2, it was Coolwaters.  He was probably trying to do his Bramblecoat thing and kill minos with thorns.  He ended up getting killed near the end of the first fight and didn't make it to the second fight until much later.

qMEsHyg.png

www.winterblades.net

We had one druid in group 2, it was Coolwaters.  He was probably trying to do his Bramblecoat thing and kill minos with thorns.  He ended up getting killed near the end of the first fight and didn't make it to the second fight until much later.

I feel the druid suffers in a number of different ways.

For one the spread out high mobility fighting is sort of completely against almost all of the druids abilities. 

Her support powers are good but some of them are difficult to land of her defensive support powers that would make her good to soak up the damage instead of like a confessor are only good if shes targetted.

I think she would be great if defending a POI that you could fortify, or a keep for that matter. Just these world map fights are meh in best case for her.  

That may be how the meta shakes out, you dont bring a druid to attack a POI or a castle, but you do have them in plenty to defend them. Same thing for a confessor, if a confessor gets hemmed in they can be easily dispatched making her less fantastic on a defensive side but great on an offensive side.

Edited by Vectious

CfWBSig.png

Lol I was actually killed by Damebix and our first group, because Damebix has no patience.  Dame felt as if the last mino standing for Sugoi wasn't being killed fast enough so he called that Group 1 (his group) was engaging in a common channel, with multiple groups. They engaged the remnants of the group we were finishing wiping and their non FF "Cs" and the rest hit me in addition to the single remaining Sugoi we were engaged with. I was indeed trying to pressure the myrm with Bramblecoat, which put me right there with all of the unfriendly Myrm "C" from group 1. I did not die in these fights aside from the FF death. I detest calling in a single channel for multiple groups, personally, even where there are only 2 groups, but that's life sometimes.

The FF death by -W- group 1 caused a double death, bugged me out and caused me to miss almost all of the fights :/ I think group 2 would have performed much, much better in the second engagement had that not been done.

@Vectious, I think you may feel differently about Druids once we play a little more with them, and we play them a little smarter.

Edited by coolwaters

Myth - FYI - that AFK channel in TS, is actually where most of the baconbaconbacon, sorry, keyboard issue, fights take place!

Also looking forward to getting killed on my fessor again this weekend!

In Daworfs defense, its his fav word to use. Also, its bound to a hotkey and he has a sticky keyboard so the keys can tend to stick.

These things just happen.

CfWBSig.png

Nice video and great editing. What is sad to see is that meta is so clearly formed already. You basically run all Legio's, Myrms and Confessors as every other class sucks in comparison currently.

Running double Legio in a group is only done in my opinion to gain a clear and unfair advantage. I say this because the Legio is by far the most boring class to play and you only play it to win.

At one point you even say "Focus the champion, easy target." I know we have a lot of balancing to do and hopefully that happens nicely when all ATs are in, just sucks that we see this obvious of a meta this early on.

Unfair? What is unfair about it?

It is mind numbingly easy. The class isn't fun to play because it is so simplistic and takes no skill. So when I see a group run 5/12 Legios, I will assume they are doing it because they enjoy winning.

You can call my assumption wrong, but I think it is pretty easy to see why people play Legio. It is not the high skill ceiling fun factor.

It is mind numbingly easy. The class isn't fun to play because it is so simplistic and takes no skill. So when I see a group run 5/12 Legios, I will assume they are doing it because they enjoy winning.

You can call my assumption wrong, but I think it is pretty easy to see why people play Legio. It is not the high skill ceiling fun factor.

You didn't say what is unfair about it.

IhhQKY6.gif

You didn't say what is unfair about it.

Since you want to be a hooligan about it.

Unfair

/ʌnˈfɛə/
adjective
characterized by inequality or injustice

Having two Legios in a group creates an inequality of power against a group that does not (the healing potential of this combo is wonderful good and we all know that and its documented all over the forums). As we can see from the above definition of unfair, it is characterized by inequality.

Sure you will find some technical nuance to continue this wonderful discussion though. I said my two cents.

Since you want to be a hooligan about it.

Unfair

/ʌnˈfɛə/
adjective
characterized by inequality or injustice

Having two Legios in a group creates an inequality of power against a group that does not (the healing potential of this combo is wonderful good and we all know that and its documented all over the forums). As we can see from the above definition of unfair, it is characterized by inequality.

Sure you will find some technical nuance to continue this wonderful discussion though. I said my two cents.

Everyone has equal access to the current OP classes.

If you want to complain about the current meta I’m right there with you. I'd love to see ACE do a balance pass to encourage more group diversity. If you want to accuse people of playing unfairly, I’ll call you on your BS.

IhhQKY6.gif

+1 to balance passes and breaking out of this current meta.  Trust me, I wouldn't love anything more than to play a ranger.  However, I also don't like dying first either.

**Side note, my bard campaign is on the horizon!  Stay tuned.**

qMEsHyg.png

www.winterblades.net