Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Malikye1975

Has anyone been able to log in since the patch?

Just logged in myself to see if I could reproduce your issue but it let me in just fine.

Have you tried going through the client .exe directly rather than the launcher?

Yes, I have tried both ways. Either way all I get is a black screen. Right now I am just re-downloading the game and trying to just do everything fresh to see if that helps me. I was able to play the game fine last weekend even though I couldn't see particle effects (even after downloading the C+ files pack). Thanks for the suggestion.

I have exactly the same problem as Malikye1975. Ater you click "Launch" from the patcher, it just provides a black/blank game/lounge screen. I think it might be something related to gfx settings (in windowed mode) before the milestone patch. 

Edited by Moonfish

Here are my computer specs:

Windows 10

I7-4770 CPU @3.4GHz

8GB RAM

64 bit Operating System

Nvidia GForce GT 640 Graphics card

Its nothing special, but it was able to run the game fine last weekend with about 20 FPS. Also, could never see particle effects even after downloading the recommended C++ files pack

A few things to try:

1) Run crowfallupdate.exe as administrator by right clicking on the program and choosing the "Run as Administrator" option.

2) right click on Crowfallupdate.exe.  Is there a menu item for graphics (normally 4th menu item)?  Make sure you are set to a 3D card if so

3) Make sure your crowfall folder is on the desktop (and that you start by running crowfallupdate.exe)  <== note, some people move the folder to your either your "Program  Files" folder or "Program Files (x86)" folder since the last Windows 10 update and it works better

4) Check that Windows Firewall (or other anti-virus  and/or firewall software) is turned off for Crowfall so it can communicate with our servers (we need ports 80, 443 and 6900-6970 open bi-directionally)

If it still doesn't work please send the following to support@crowfall.com

1) a screen shot of the screen you are on with the error

2) Run the system utility Dxdiag, output the file and send us the dxdiag.txt file

3) Send me your latest Client log (client logs are in the CFTest folder and start with a date, these files look something like this: 2016-12-16_CrowfallClient_21932_MSI)

If you are feeling bold, you can try this:

Run Regedit.  Then search and delete all registry keys and values with or within the keyword "crowfall“.

Then run CrowfallUpdate and repair your installation(clicking on the wrench icon next to the Launch button)

Then launch the game and see if we get something different.

Sorry for all these extra steps!

Thanks! And sorry for the problem!

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

A few things to try:
1) Run crowfallupdate.exe as administrator by right clicking on the program and choosing the "Run as Administrator" option.
2) right click on Crowfallupdate.exe.  Is there a menu item for graphics (normally 4th menu item)?  Make sure you are set to a 3D card if so
3) Make sure your crowfall folder is on the desktop (and that you start by running crowfallupdate.exe)  <== note, some people move the folder to your either your "Program  Files" folder or "Program Files (x86)" folder since the last Windows 10 update and it works better
4) Check that Windows Firewall (or other anti-virus  and/or firewall software) is turned off for Crowfall so it can communicate with our servers (we need ports 80, 443 and 6900-6970 open bi-directionally)

If it still doesn't work please send the following to support@crowfall.com

1) a screen shot of the screen you are on with the error
2) Run the system utility Dxdiag, output the file and send us the dxdiag.txt file
3) Send me your latest Client log (client logs are in the CFTest folder and start with a date, these files look something like this: 2016-12-16_CrowfallClient_21932_MSI)

If you are feeling bold, you can try this:

Run Regedit.  Then search and delete all registry keys and values with or within the keyword "crowfall“.
Then run CrowfallUpdate and repair your installation(clicking on the wrench icon next to the Launch button)
Then launch the game and see if we get something different.
Sorry for all these extra steps!

Thanks! And sorry for the problem!

Thank you for your response but, unfortunately, none of these solutions worked.

Thanks for all the help! Unfortunately, the problem still persists - then again, my computer skills are quite low.

Also tried downloading / relocating the files both into Programs and Desktop. Tomorrow I have a possibility of trying another computer.

Edited by Moonfish

If you had the black screen problem, please delete your CFTest folder and repatch after that.

Thanks and sorry for this problem!
Gordon

I've tried all of this and I still get the black screen.

i have done all of the above as well.   Deleted and downloaded the game.  Still the black screen of death.

They just ran a patch a minute ago and now I have access to the game. Hopefully you should to. THANKS CROWFALL DEVS! you guys are AWESOME!

If you had the black screen problem, please delete your CFTest folder and repatch after that.

Thanks and sorry for this problem!
Gordon

I tried that still have white screen in windows 10, and the map doesn`t load properly - it stop loading. 

Also tried high priority with the cf exe files in window mode instead of full screen, but same result world map doesn`t load so u cant test anything.

MQfHl7c.png

Crowfall Game Client: https://www.crowfall.com/en/client/