Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Necromancy Update - Official Discussion Thread

"What is up everyone?!"

That is not a Howdy. WHO WROTE THIS?

My first thought when I read it. There must be a ghost writer behind this update. Either that or Blair is deliberately trying to confuse/frighten us.

Max Lancaster, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.

Follow us on Twitter @crowfallgame | Like us on Facebook

This has got me pretty hyped. I'm not typically a crafting kind of guy but the more I hear about it the more I really want to get into it!

Relevant:

cw6ns.gif

Sounds great! <cackles next to some lightning from druid>

However I have a few questions/concerns:

- Vessels primarily seems to give attributes (str/dex etc) but do crafters and harvesters benefit from those in any way?

- Are you still planning on locking the capacity to use higher quality vessels behind a univeral skill training gated within exploration...?

- Are you removing the idea of 'skill training limits' on vessels?

(which frankly acted as a good way to help 'new players' compete in fresh CW at least in the start versus a player with more extensive archetype training until they got their vessels up and running)

- Is your inventory tied to account or to a vessel? (i know equiped items seem tied to vessel anyway but what about bags?) How about the food pool - is that still planned to reset on death or getting a new vessel?

Edited by Tinnis

Sounds great! <cackles next to some lightning from druid>

However I have a few questions/concerns:

- Vessels primarily seems to give attributes (str/dex etc) but do crafters and harvesters benefit from those in any way?

- Are you still planning on locking the capacity to use higher quality vessels behind a univeral skill training gated within exploration...?

- Are you removing the idea of 'skill training limits' on vessels?

(which frankly acted as a good way to help 'new players' compete in fresh CW at least in the start versus a player with more extensive archetype training until they got their vessels up and running)

- Is your inventory tied to account or to a vessel? (i know equiped items seem tied to vessel anyway but what about bags?) How about the food pool - is that still planned to reset on death or getting a new vessel?

- Crafters and harvesters don't get benefits from Str, Dex, etc., but they can get the beneficial stats from additives. They said this during the livestream.

- My guess is yes, but you only have to train the first skill in Exploration before you can start training in vessels.

- No idea on this one, since we haven't seen any training above 100 yet.

- This is something we can test. Someone killed me last night when I was still making my weapons. I grabbed a new body and it had full food (well, 90%, like normal when creating a character). My inventory was empty, but I don't know if that's because he took it all or because it was a separate inventory.

Edited by Arkade

Feels like crafting in general will cause a whole lot of "guild bloat". Having a high quality vessel IMO is a must have. I mean I already have a bunch of accounds (picked up more from the sale), WHAT R U DOING TO ME..

Edited by helix

From the article:

"Crafting Stages

1. Turn Desiccated Body Parts into Restored Body Parts. *Additives can be added at this stage.
  2. Combine Desiccated Body parts into a Vessel of the appropriate type. There is a unique recipe for each vessel type which generally have similar requirements. *Except for centaur-based vessels, as always they remain a pain in the posterior to develop for and crafting them is no exception."

Quick, perhaps technical, clarification question.  Should the second stage read, "Combine Restored Body parts into a Vessel of the appropriate type." or is it correct as written?  The later could make sense but would have different implications and would also raise a question about the difference between using Restored Body Parts and Desiccated Body Parts in the creation of a vessel.  Not to mention totally defeat the idea of these existing as stages in the necromancy crafting system.

I am looking forward to this part of the crafting system and am very happy to see the presence of a non-factory based crafting sub-profession.  Depending on how the vessel crafting works out, I would be interested in seeing others like it.

From the article:

"Crafting Stages

1. Turn Desiccated Body Parts into Restored Body Parts. *Additives can be added at this stage.
  2. Combine Desiccated Body parts into a Vessel of the appropriate type. There is a unique recipe for each vessel type which generally have similar requirements. *Except for centaur-based vessels, as always they remain a pain in the posterior to develop for and crafting them is no exception."

Quick, perhaps technical, clarification question.  Should the second stage read, "Combine Restored Body parts into a Vessel of the appropriate type." or is it correct as written?  The later could make sense but would have different implications and would also raise a question about the difference between using Restored Body Parts and Desiccated Body Parts in the creation of a vessel.  Not to mention totally defeat the idea of these existing as stages in the necromancy crafting system.

I am looking forward to this part of the crafting system and am very happy to see the presence of a non-factory based crafting sub-profession.  Depending on how the vessel crafting works out, I would be interested in seeing others like it.

It's a typo. In the livestream, Mark was using the restored body parts to create the vessel.

If/when there is a discipline that allows you to raise "pets" from the dead, what would it be called? The names could overlap, since there is both an Archetype and a Discipline called Assassin, so who knows.

The additives for Necromancy sound delightful though >:]

KGV_sig.png

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

I think harvesters will benefit from Spirit, because (correct me if I'm wrong) one of the child stats for Spirit is tied to Stamina (in some way).

KGV_sig.png

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

2. Combine Desiccated Body parts into a Vessel of the appropriate type. There is a unique recipe for each vessel type which generally have similar requirements.

This must be incorrect it should read

2. Restored Desiccated Body parts into a Vessel of the appropriate type. There is a unique recipe for each vessel type which generally have similar requirements.

Looking for a casual guild ...

Sounds cool and all but what you're describing sounds more like an artificer than necromancy.

I was kind of hoping for an actual necromancer class with drains, curses, and some death and decay.  Necromancy doesn't have to be a pet class...

Edited by chersk

1A9QOTM.jpg