Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MiracleMax

Necromancy Update - Official Discussion Thread

"What is up everyone?!"

That is not a Howdy. WHO WROTE THIS?

My first thought when I read it. There must be a ghost writer behind this update. Either that or Blair is deliberately trying to confuse/frighten us.

Max Lancaster, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.

Follow us on Twitter @crowfallgame | Like us on Facebook

This has got me pretty hyped. I'm not typically a crafting kind of guy but the more I hear about it the more I really want to get into it!

Relevant:

cw6ns.gif

Sounds great! <cackles next to some lightning from druid>

However I have a few questions/concerns:

- Vessels primarily seems to give attributes (str/dex etc) but do crafters and harvesters benefit from those in any way?

- Are you still planning on locking the capacity to use higher quality vessels behind a univeral skill training gated within exploration...?

- Are you removing the idea of 'skill training limits' on vessels?

(which frankly acted as a good way to help 'new players' compete in fresh CW at least in the start versus a player with more extensive archetype training until they got their vessels up and running)

- Is your inventory tied to account or to a vessel? (i know equiped items seem tied to vessel anyway but what about bags?) How about the food pool - is that still planned to reset on death or getting a new vessel?

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

Sounds great! <cackles next to some lightning from druid>

However I have a few questions/concerns:

- Vessels primarily seems to give attributes (str/dex etc) but do crafters and harvesters benefit from those in any way?

- Are you still planning on locking the capacity to use higher quality vessels behind a univeral skill training gated within exploration...?

- Are you removing the idea of 'skill training limits' on vessels?

(which frankly acted as a good way to help 'new players' compete in fresh CW at least in the start versus a player with more extensive archetype training until they got their vessels up and running)

- Is your inventory tied to account or to a vessel? (i know equiped items seem tied to vessel anyway but what about bags?) How about the food pool - is that still planned to reset on death or getting a new vessel?

- Crafters and harvesters don't get benefits from Str, Dex, etc., but they can get the beneficial stats from additives. They said this during the livestream.

- My guess is yes, but you only have to train the first skill in Exploration before you can start training in vessels.

- No idea on this one, since we haven't seen any training above 100 yet.

- This is something we can test. Someone killed me last night when I was still making my weapons. I grabbed a new body and it had full food (well, 90%, like normal when creating a character). My inventory was empty, but I don't know if that's because he took it all or because it was a separate inventory.

Edited by Arkade

Feels like crafting in general will cause a whole lot of "guild bloat". Having a high quality vessel IMO is a must have. I mean I already have a bunch of accounds (picked up more from the sale), WHAT R U DOING TO ME..

Edited by helix

From the article:

"Crafting Stages

1. Turn Desiccated Body Parts into Restored Body Parts. *Additives can be added at this stage.
  2. Combine Desiccated Body parts into a Vessel of the appropriate type. There is a unique recipe for each vessel type which generally have similar requirements. *Except for centaur-based vessels, as always they remain a pain in the posterior to develop for and crafting them is no exception."

Quick, perhaps technical, clarification question.  Should the second stage read, "Combine Restored Body parts into a Vessel of the appropriate type." or is it correct as written?  The later could make sense but would have different implications and would also raise a question about the difference between using Restored Body Parts and Desiccated Body Parts in the creation of a vessel.  Not to mention totally defeat the idea of these existing as stages in the necromancy crafting system.

I am looking forward to this part of the crafting system and am very happy to see the presence of a non-factory based crafting sub-profession.  Depending on how the vessel crafting works out, I would be interested in seeing others like it.

From the article:

"Crafting Stages

1. Turn Desiccated Body Parts into Restored Body Parts. *Additives can be added at this stage.
  2. Combine Desiccated Body parts into a Vessel of the appropriate type. There is a unique recipe for each vessel type which generally have similar requirements. *Except for centaur-based vessels, as always they remain a pain in the posterior to develop for and crafting them is no exception."

Quick, perhaps technical, clarification question.  Should the second stage read, "Combine Restored Body parts into a Vessel of the appropriate type." or is it correct as written?  The later could make sense but would have different implications and would also raise a question about the difference between using Restored Body Parts and Desiccated Body Parts in the creation of a vessel.  Not to mention totally defeat the idea of these existing as stages in the necromancy crafting system.

I am looking forward to this part of the crafting system and am very happy to see the presence of a non-factory based crafting sub-profession.  Depending on how the vessel crafting works out, I would be interested in seeing others like it.

It's a typo. In the livestream, Mark was using the restored body parts to create the vessel.

If/when there is a discipline that allows you to raise "pets" from the dead, what would it be called? The names could overlap, since there is both an Archetype and a Discipline called Assassin, so who knows.

The additives for Necromancy sound delightful though >:]

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

I think harvesters will benefit from Spirit, because (correct me if I'm wrong) one of the child stats for Spirit is tied to Stamina (in some way).

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

2. Combine Desiccated Body parts into a Vessel of the appropriate type. There is a unique recipe for each vessel type which generally have similar requirements.

This must be incorrect it should read

2. Restored Desiccated Body parts into a Vessel of the appropriate type. There is a unique recipe for each vessel type which generally have similar requirements.

o8WHnLc.png

THE most active European guild. Join us

now!

Sounds cool and all but what you're describing sounds more like an artificer than necromancy.

I was kind of hoping for an actual necromancer class with drains, curses, and some death and decay.  Necromancy doesn't have to be a pet class...

Edited by chersk

1A9QOTM.jpg