Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Merchant guild?

Deepeyes10

For me more a commodity exchange model, not really a guild per se.

Of course relationships would be key

Could start a collaboration / syndicate type thing (under the guild mechanic). Post away if interested!

There is not enough published (imo) for merchant / wholesale trade business models yet.

Edited by Ironmike

I think a crafter/merchant guild is an interesting idea but I am not sure what the benefit would be other than for RP or lore reasons. I am not even sure what role a dedicated solo crafter (who is not already part of an established guild) will have in Crowfall. Due to the grindy RNG nature of the crafting, most established guilds are going to want trusted people in their important crafter roles. I just don't see how a guild of crafters will be able to farm enough resources without outside help. It is unlikely that the guilds who control the resources will share, at least not without some major trust built up first. 

Interesting, to say the least.

That said, I agree with Mytherceria above. Most crafters will be the cornerstone of a larger effort. A pure-craft guild will be hard pressed to find reliable clients unless they're something truly special.

Edited by Rhast

I like the idea of a neutral guild that just corners the market on crafting things. Especially if blueprints are up for trade. But the biggest problem I see is that the merchant guild would have to not really focus on winning campaigns. Because...

If they DO focus on winning campaigns, they cannot remain true neutral. Considering customers are their opposition.

If they DONT focus on winning campaigns, then they lose the campaigns, therefore they cannot bring back anything from their embargo. 

It's a tricky thing indeed, but would be fun if it could work out.

OS_Sig3.png

I really see the Crafter roll integrated into a "normal" Guild rather than a pure dedicated Guild as you are going to need the people with gathering specializations and PvP specialization folks to protect them.

KjUVOZg.png