Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Scorned lover?

Frykka

Hey Blair, did a sexy Druid once rebuff your advances at the bar?   what gives... :rolleyes:

[saunters off to the back o' da bus]

oh!   Hi Champ, how's life back here?

Edited by Frykka

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

Head scratcher, but eventually they'll get it right.

That or everyone will just play 3 ATs. Wait ...

I kid mostly. I think they're just too busy with new systems to make a balance pass, which may be the right answer.

Edited by coolwaters

None of these nerfs should be a surprise. People were complaining about shroud for awhile now, and thorns got a whole lot of shade thrown on it.

Kinda surprised the druid didn't get a support buffs to be honest.

I'm more curious to see how the nerf to myrmidon play out.

Druid, get yo ass to the back of the bus.

Edited by helix

I kid mostly. I think they're just too busy with new systems to make a balance pass, which may be the right answer.

I was hoping they were too busy because with meh damage and a slow tray swap, difficult on the run healing. The only thing Druid has going is the ability to slip away (if a confesser isn't exploiting the hop).   Shroud, Thorns, Bramblecoat are defensive skills and have the EASIEST counter in the game, switch targets... that didn't deserve a nerf really...  it is not a strong as knights reflect...   I wait to see the numbers...   my bramble thorns were around 1250 hp...  less than a buffed confessor basic attack.  Forcing even more support players into Legio nonsense.

Edited by Frykka

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

I mean, the bramble coat basicly make them do a huge reflect damage, in most cases out damaging the damage delt to them.

Also Shroud almost made them immune to damage for its whole duration.

I dont think theres a issue with addressing any of this, i think the issue is the priority.

But maybe its one of those 'low hanging fruit', whats the easiest to address.

Can easily say berserk should be balanced but berserk is literally the core of the archetype so you run the risk of making it useless with out proper thought.

CfWBSig.png

OK I'm wrong. ACE has goofed fairly hard on the "balancing" of the Druid.

• Thorns is now wholly useless.  Useless trained or untrained, frankly.
  • AoE radius on Rain is smaller. Like who in the world thought that made sense?
  • Spark is laughable, but better than Barkskin anyway.
  • Shroud ... I won't even get started.

All poorly thought out IMO.

edit: BUT if the rumor that Myrm net breaks on damage (as all roots should) is true, then I'm at least as happy about that as I am disappointed in these changes.

Edited by coolwaters

I mean, the bramble coat basicly make them do a huge reflect damage, in most cases out damaging the damage delt to them.

Also Shroud almost made them immune to damage for its whole duration.

I dont think theres a issue with addressing any of this, i think the issue is the priority.

But maybe its one of those 'low hanging fruit', whats the easiest to address.

Can easily say berserk should be balanced but berserk is literally the core of the archetype so you run the risk of making it useless with out proper thought.

These aren't accurate.

Barkskin only out damaged some left click powers. It was 400 to 1400, depending on training. It was great vs solo Fessors and made Myrmidon mortal again.

Shroud didn't make anyone invulnerable. It did make it somewhat safer to play a Druid in a world clearly and utterly dominated by 3 other ATs.

OK I'm wrong. ACE has goofed fairly hard on the "balancing" of the Druid.

• Thorns is now wholly useless.  Useless trained or untrained, frankly.
  • Spark is laughable, but better than Barkskin anyway.
  • Shroud ... I won't even get started.

All poorly thought out. 

they hit the aoe radius on rain? lol, goddamn. If anything it should have been wider or cost less essence. I want to see all the support powers get decreased cool downs to be honest. I want essence be the "limiter" here. Let people get off two or three consecutive rains/wisps if the situation calls for it at the cost of accumulating essence faster. I guess this might throw the death bar out of wack since you can build essence way faster, but I have faith they'd be able to figure it out.

Edited by helix

You say this while Druids get to actually be useless...  because we are ALL competitive players which drives even our testing processes...   80%+ of active testers are playing Fesser-Myrm-Legio-Fall while a few dabble in the other archetypes for novelty.   An advantage to the players who main these ATs as they get even more fine tuned rotations and practice.

Ouch... more scorned ex-lover using a heavy handed nerf bat?

Edited by Frykka

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

You say this while Druids get to actually be useless...  because we are ALL competitive players which drives even our testing processes...   80%+ of active testers are playing Fesser-Myrm-Legio-Fall while a few dabble in the other archetypes for novelty.   An advantage to the players who main these ATs as they get even more fine tuned rotations and practice.

Ouch... more scorned ex-lover using a heavy handed nerf bat?

Yeah like i said, their priority is all messed up. But i mean its not a game yet they get leeway.

(That AoE radius should of been doubled not decreased, lol)

CfWBSig.png

I understand shroud and thorns getting nerfed. I fully expected them to be nerfed to some degree at some point. I feel like there are other ways thorns could have been nerfed.

What I don't understand is why Rain was nerfed and why they didn't get some support power buffage along with it.

C4sIZDW.gif

Yeah like i said, their priority is all messed up. But i mean its not a game yet they get leeway.

(That AoE radius should of been doubled not decreased, lol)

I agree. Rain would take a lot of skill to use well even with a massive radius. Make it a 20 unit radius. 15?

My info was wrong on the Myrm root breaking on damage :/

p.s. please make the root break on damage,

I disagree. If anything it needs to be a 70 radius AoE Root that also pulls everyone to him so he can land his C power.

CfWBSig.png

I disagree. If anything it needs to be a 70 radius AoE Root that also pulls everyone to him so he can land his C power.

From the Myrm who just 1 shot me in a scrim after the "nerf" (modifying berserk to an automatic +35% damage buff is my kinda nerf) to Myrmidon.

Can Druid get a nerf like that?

Edited by coolwaters

• 1 month later...

I haven't seen any nerfs or buffs to Druid since February, and I've been doing fine. I drop heals during fights and toggle between trays to throw faerie fire and shroud with AoE lightning bursts, all while laying down orbs for heals and rain for me and the other ranged. I am usually accompanied by a Confessor who is combat specced (I'm a crafter) and we do well against 2's and 3's, mostly due to our mobility and communication in discord.

Maybe druids need a buff, as I've only played them as the nerfed versions they are. I rarely put up thorns because of how weak it is and rely heavily on teleport to zip in/out of combat. If I could get some buffs to my Death tray that would allow me to lend more of a hand in larger battles. If I got some buffs to my life tray I would be able to survive easier.

Okay, I'm convinced. Toss me the buff bag!

Nixelplex
Druid of Kronos