Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Yes I know its pre alpha and i keep that in mind..Im going to give my opinion based off of what is currently there.not what might be so if you are going to say its pre alpha save it..Im aware.

Spent the first 45 mins trying to gather resources while getting ganked by groups over and over.  current state..if you arent rolling in a group either roll on pve servers or just plain log out.  No penalty for player killing and no sort of law and order in the game at all.  (This is coming from a long time shadowbane and darkfall player so yeah im familiar with hardcore pvp and no im not whining.  General observation).  This game has great promise for sure.  Unfortunately do the toxic nature of some of your player testers makes it hard to test your game.  Yes fellas....the ganking system works...lets focus on other areas of the game.  

I just logged off after my first time in game had the exact opposite experience. I got basic weapons pretty quickly and then ganked several folks. I loved that I was able to be competitive (even in a 2 on 1!) with basic gear and I loved the exhilaration of building up my gear in hostile territory.

However, the cool thing about Crowfall is that when it is live they will have a variety of campaign worlds with different rulesets. Presumably there will be something like what you want and something like what I want and we can both play the game in our own way

Edit: If you were one of the people I ganked I feel kind of bad XD There was one person who was pretty committed to trying to escape

Edited by Gundam

58219e54-a0d8-43a0-8990-d40264d2e434.png

Illegitimi non carborundum

Penalty for player killing, uh what?  Clearly, you are not a legend.

In Every hardcore pvp MMO there have been some sort of enforcement to curb pure anarchy.  Shadowbane had NPC start cities with guards and also "noob island"  Darkfall also had starter cities with guards. Name an MMO and there is start locations to curb noob killing.  I know when game launches there are forever kindoms that you will be able to cut your teeth in and get the basics.  Just right now there is nothing in place.  

In Every hardcore pvp MMO there have been some sort of enforcement to curb pure anarchy.  Shadowbane had NPC start cities with guards and also "noob island"  Darkfall also had starter cities with guards. Name an MMO and there is start locations to curb noob killing.  I know when game launches there are forever kindoms that you will be able to cut your teeth in and get the basics.  Just right now there is nothing in place.  

I mean, theres the EK.

Thats the safe area in this game, thats also where they can put any tutorial they need.

Players will just have to realize, if they want the good stuff, gotta bleed for it, boys!

CfWBSig.png

You are talking about finished games vs pre alpha. Also, what you state is not what you are asking for. Wanting pvp free areas and "Penalties for killing" are two completely different things. No, there should not be any penalty for killing where it is allowed. Which in CF, will be most of the map.

I can see that your first experience was frustrating. Its unfortunate, but you'll have to realize that getting ganked is part of the game in its current state as there really isn't much else for the player base to do besides pvp each other. Now is this an excuse to just mow down unarmed and unladen noobs who are just trying to get their first pickax, of course not.

As some have said, most will kill you and then check your corpse. Lots of us do this but no one is being "toxic" as you say by killing you and checking your gear. A lot of the time when I kill someone that is quite clearly a noob I leave a few gold ore and some tools to help the guy out - you'll find this is not an uncommon occurrence as this community is actually pretty far from "toxic". You'll always have your dipsticks who are toxic and are they're to just ruin peoples day, but for the most part people are friendly and will roll with you if you keep up a positive attitude and realize that eventually.....we all die.

Edited by Tempura

Had a fun time so far. Killed a few and been murdered by many :). Only thing I'm finding a bit tedious at the moment is the constant need to harvest apples. They really aught to crank that mechanic down for the time being! Seem to be too much time playing Applefall and not enough time testing systems out in Crowfall :)

uGlR0Ph.png

Yeah, are there other ways than apples to get food at this point in the game?

Yup.

Boars will drop meat when harvested.  That and 12 wood will build you a survival campfire that will restore health and chicken tickers

While that is burning, you can turn more meat, grubs, or acorns into food that restores 1 ticker instead of half.

Look to train the first three nodes in the survival tree,(9 days total), then knocking apples out of trees is rather trivial.  I tend to need the wood more than the apples now. 

Yup.

Boars will drop meat when harvested.  That and 12 wood will build you a survival campfire that will restore health and chicken tickers

While that is burning, you can turn more meat, grubs, or acorns into food that restores 1 ticker instead of half.

Look to train the first three nodes in the survival tree,(9 days total), then knocking apples out of trees is rather trivial.  I tend to need the wood more than the apples now. 

Thanks for the advice, I will switch over and get to work on that skill tree today

58219e54-a0d8-43a0-8990-d40264d2e434.png

Illegitimi non carborundum

I was one of the top players in Darkfall. Just because you played it doesn't mean anything.I'm positive you were one of the carebears hugging city towers, trying to get the players to go gray and get zapped. And THAT is why there are no safe zones. P.s. I recognize that name. If that was your ign in Darkfall.. You didn't do any better there. Stop spewing negativity about this game.

Please everyone, disregard his comment about the game.

Edited by SeveranceBane

Make your basic weapons and full leather with Boar hide in the EK and spirit bank it...   then join a PvP server and hide somewhere to pull it out of your spirit bank.   Now you are able to fight 1vX, find a guild or group in chat to run with, trust noone, expect to die...   loot houses, spirit bank anything blue immediately...   use off hours or the low pop servers to collect more house loots...   sort your mats in the EK and craft there...  get blue advance weap, blue advanced armor, win...  takes 10 to 20 hours for full gear out with some friends.    Solo?   gl getting enough blues or purps... go for greens or white from actual harvesting, make more gear, die, get better at AT rotation...

Edited by Frykka

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai