Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

First Impressions

IamLegend

Isn't the PvE server made exactly for people like this?

So you want to play on a PvP server and then you complain about getting rolled in PvP saying you can't properly craft and gather things..  :huh:

Edited by Grimulf

Isn't the PvE server made exactly for people like this?

So you want to play on a PvP server and then you complain about getting rolled in PvP saying you can't properly craft and gather things..  :huh:

don't forget this cute little quote from him in the New to Crowfall thread

I cut my teeth on Dark Age of Camelot and then moved on to Shadowbane which I played for a very long time including the reboot.  Also had a long succession in Lineage II and about every other MMO out there including a dominating pressence in Darkfall. 

I am one of the leaders of my gaming guild and will be leader of the Crowfall branch.  We are pretty hardcore pvpers so moving forward Image Clan will be recruiting for this game.

>hardcore pvpers

Definitely gave me a chuckle

231e101d88.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Yes I know its pre alpha and i keep that in mind..Im going to give my opinion based off of what is currently there.not what might be so if you are going to say its pre alpha save it..Im aware.

Spent the first 45 mins trying to gather resources while getting ganked by groups over and over.  current state..if you arent rolling in a group either roll on pve servers or just plain log out.  No penalty for player killing and no sort of law and order in the game at all.  (This is coming from a long time shadowbane and darkfall player so yeah im familiar with hardcore pvp and no im not whining.  General observation).  This game has great promise for sure.  Unfortunately do the toxic nature of some of your player testers makes it hard to test your game.  Yes fellas....the ganking system works...lets focus on other areas of the game.  

Ok I know this is gonna sound mean spirited but you are in a game that soul focus is on pvp. You are in a zone where people can/are/will kill you. That is one of the core pillars of the game, and I am sorry that you dont like that but then this isnt the game for you. If you find playing the game the way it was made to be played toxic then idk what to tell you.

• 2 months later...

Heh, this thread is a shining example of the variety of pvp players. You've got your "sorry for the bad experience, lets group sometime" guys, the "heres some advice to help you out" guys, and the "Imma steal your apples till you get your carebear fluff offa my game" guys.

A game can have spectacular PVP will still giving a few safety nets to players logging in for the first time. The only people hurt by that are trolls. But, OP, like was pointed out before, you're comparing pre-alpha to features in completed games, and then asking readers not to remind you it's pre-Alpha. As someone who agrees with your sentiment somewhat, I would suggest framing your question a little differently... Not as criticism of what this pre-Alpha game does and doesn't have but instead as a discussion topic of what "should" it have (ie, penalties or deterrrents for killing starting players).

• 1 month later...